CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
NinjaSven
WeStillOwnUSC
Spur's Addiction
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
So, why is next year (2822)
Why do so many of yo (1379)
Shot in the arm for (1197)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (977)
Custom Jersey (563)
looks like we have 2 (531)
Abu Bowl Ready (391)
The pets holiday din (235)
75 Best Bakeries in (207)
2016 - Thomas Sulliv (201)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
looks like we have 2 OL r
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
So, why is next year goin
Restaurant musts in NYC
2016 - Jordan Giberti
How Long Will The Rebuild
Shot in the arm for the D
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Traveon Samuel - Louisville

Running Back from Phenix City, Alabama

List interest in USC, Alabama, Clemson, North Carolina, and Oregon

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Traveon Samuel Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
Based on the spring circuit, keep an eye on this 2015 scatback from Central in Phenix City, Ala. Samuel (5-8, 172) has burst and ball skills.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Inside-...-Atlanta-70270

Quote:
This type of setting highlights acceleration and hands – two attributes Samuel (5-8, 172), a 2015 running back from Central High School in Phenix City, Ala., continues to showcase in the spring circuit. As was the case at the MVP Camp Atlanta last month, linebackers were hard-pressed to find a gear to keep up once Samuel made a cut on a route.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/NUC-Atl...rformers-70079

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
Samuel showcased his speed and hands again at his third MVP Camp in the last two years. He is one of the quickest athletes on the field at all times and it is almost impossible for him to be covered. He makes quick cuts and he explodes out of his breaks.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1269468.html

Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Traveon “PlayStation” Samuel has been a name talked about for a couple of years now, and backed up the chatter in 2012 rushing for 823 yards and 19 touchdowns, and catching 43 passes for 734 yards and five additional scores. The 5-foot-8, 175-pounder features elite quickness, change of direction and the ability to make multiple defenders miss in space. Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State, Clemson and South Florida are among his early offers.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Class-o...ospects-127634

Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 180) of Phenix City, AL named Clemson among his top five. Though he did not give the entire list, Samuel said, “Alabama and Auburn are my two favorites. Clemson is number five. Florida State is somewhere in there at three or four.” Samuel has yet to visit Clemson. “It’s a pretty good program and they run my style of offense,” he said. “It’s a pretty good academic school. I plan on visiting them eventually.” He says he is in no hurry to make a decision and still has several visits he would like to take. Thus far, he has visited Alabama, Auburn, South Florida, UAB, Louisville, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. He will visit FSU this weekend for the Miami game and will also attend the Iron Bowl. “I grew up an Alabama fan,” Samuel said. “Auburn is a pretty good program too and they have a good academic program.” His offers include Clemson, Auburn, UAB, Washington, LSU, Duke, USF, North Carolina, NC State, Tennessee and California. With just one game left this season, Samuel has 16 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...with-his-four/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 185) of Phenix City, AL has Clemson in his top five. He named Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson in that order. A new offer could shuffle his list. “Florida offered me this morning,” Samuel said. “I’m going to visit for their junior day. They could make my top five but I don’t really know right now.” Samuel does not have any other visits scheduled but did say he plans to visit Clemson in his future. He says the Tigers have maintained contact though he has not spoken with them recently. As for why the Seminoles are leading for his services, he explained. “Florida State is recruiting me the hardest, I like the way they do things and I like how they finished the season.” Samuel is also hearing from USC but is not sure of a future visit to Columbia. His offers include Clemson, Auburn, Florida State, Florida, Ohio State, California, Tennessee, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, South Florida and Southern Miss. As a junior, Samuel rushed for over 1,700 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...in-uscs-class/

Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 185) of Phenix City, AL has dropped Clemson from his top five and added USC to his top four. This may have to do with the interest level shown by each school. The Gamecocks have not yet offered Samuel but he did say, “They told me they would probably offer me when I came up for the spring game.” Samuel is planning to make that trip. On the other hand, he says the Tigers have not contacted him in some time. So as Clemson’s interest has appeared to have waned, USC’s interest appears to have grown. “They’ve been talking to me a lot lately,” Samuel said. “They have told me how they could use me as a slot receiver, like they did with Ace Sanders, and I could have a chance at the next level.” He has USC behind Florida, Florida State and Auburn. Each of his top three have offered. “I like South Carolina,” he said. “They’re in the SEC and it’s a pretty place. They’re winning a lot and it’s not too far from home. I really like the coaches there.” Samuel did not name a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...clemson-fades/

Quote:
While he keeps busy playing baseball, RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL has football visits in the back of his mind. One of those visits he would like to take is to USC this spring.
Samuel says he maintains contact with the Gamecock coaching staff via social media. “I’ve been talking to coach Grady (Brown) online,” said Samuel. “They want me to come up for a visit. I’ve been talking to my (high school) coaches about taking a trip up there more and more so it seems like it’s going to happen. South Carolina has some great coaches and an exciting offense. I like them a lot.”
Samuel said that visit could take place in the next two weeks. He plans to attend a spring practice. Florida State is another schools Samuel wants to see in person and that is reciprocating the attention.
“We’ve got a pretty good connection,” he said. “I want to o there too (for a visit). They just won a national championship so obviously things are going pretty good there.”
His last visit was to Auburn which is very close to home. Samuel said he had been invited the tour some of the new facilities.
Though he has not heard from Clemson lately, Samuel says he remains interested in the Tigers. “If they ask me to come, I would love to go visit their school,” he said.
Samuel has no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...uple-of-weeks/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Wow dropped Clemson and added us. Looks like a playmaker
Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
He is not ready to reveal his top four but RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL was comfortable sharing that USC is one of those teams. Samuel has built a strong relationship with USC assistant Grady Brown and plans to visit Columbia this summer.
“Coach Brown is a really good guy and he’s been by to see me a couple of times,” Samuel said. “We keep up with each other on Facebook. They’re just telling me that they’d like me to visit so I can experience everything first hand. I think I fit in really well with their offense.”
His offers include USC, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville and Duke.
Samuel also plans to visit Florida State over the summer and it will not be his first trip to Tallahassee, He attended the Miami-FSU game last season.
His most recent trip was to Auburn, a school he is very familiar with. “I can visit there anytime because it’s so close to home,” he said,
Brown is expected to stop by his school before spring practice concludes. He does not have a time frame for a commitment.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...our-favorites/

Old 05-30-2014, 12:21 AM   #10
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

We are in his top four according to a GoGamecocks.com article. He has visited twice and plans to come back sometime this summer. Offer list is very impressive. He along with another RB or two would be a good class.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #11
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
We are in his top four according to a GoGamecocks.com article. He has visited twice and plans to come back sometime this summer. Offer list is very impressive. He along with another RB or two would be a good class.
I think Brown has been to visit him twice and he plans do visit us this summer, agree that is an impressive list and at 5'7 175 he must be fast and shifty. If Brown can pull him out of bama and aburns back yard that would be quite impressive.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #12
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post

Slot Receiver.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #13
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

does he do punt or kick returns?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous
Talking Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Wow dropped Clemson and added us. Looks like a playmaker
He obviously has good judgement!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Alabama is loaded with backs/wide receivers this year, and Auburn and Bama can't get them all (though they will try to skirt the rules to do so).

Auburn already has 4 RBs committed and are in good shape with WRs KJ Hill and Jayson Stanley.

Bama has two WRs and Desherrius Flowers at RB committed, and they are targeting RB Nick Gibson as well.

Samuel could be one of those guys that is good, but slips through the cracks of Bama and Auburn. Another guy I'm looking at is RB Bradrick Shaw out of Bama...again, quality guy but with the depth this year in Bama's class, could slip through the cracks.

Shaw is looking at Vanderbilt as well, but the Dores have Josh Crawford (another Bama kid) commited at RB and they are in good shape with RB Reggie Gallaspy out of NC.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #16
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Man we need about any RB we can get. I'd love to see us land him.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #17
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

He is one of the more athletic prospects I have watched. Extremely quick and shifty, with good vision. Ace Sanders mold.

Last edited by Cockypantherfan; 06-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockthehammer View Post
He obviously has good judgement!
Agreed!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #19
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Man we need about any RB we can get. I'd love to see us land him.
Running backs just don't get em!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Samuel is not going to be a RB for us.....5'7" 170.....probably a slot WR.
Closed Thread