CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
gamecockgal
Spurticus
U-Dub Gamecock
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
2000grad
JohnnyB21
Lattimore Sidelined (1829)
Gurley or Davis (1739)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1245)
A house just blew up (650)
South Carolina Footb (548)
Marines confront fak (394)
Man Murders neighbor (274)
Gators brag on Clown (231)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (217)
2014-15 Premier Leag (153)
Southern Miss player char
Gators brag on Clowney
Predict TAMU 2014
Signee James Thompson arr
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
Need 4 Tickets for UGA GA

Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #41
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: OT: Got my new jerseys today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I'm personally against grown men wearing football jerseys, but only because, for some unknown reason, companies that make jerseys for fans insist on making them oversized.

I remember back in high school, guys who played football wore their jerseys on gameday to school. those jerseys didnt look like an oversized potato sack or a tent...they fit relatively similar to a shirt.

why cant collegiate and NFL jerseys for fans be the same way?

I do think that soccer, hockey, and i'll even put baseball jerseys in the category of sports jerseys that look ok on fans.

but football jerseys manufacturers just need to change. why hasnt anyone at those companies recognized that "hey, if we make jerseys look relatively normal on adult men, then our sales will go up?"

seems like they're missing a huge opportunity.
They sell them in an array of sizes, like pants you can buy your jersey to fit how you like, see you can like them again????? Brilliant!!!!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #42
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Opinions are like arseholes......

My last name is Lattimore, and I can be seen at Carolina Stadium with my jersey, and my two son's also have theirs!

I dare you to walk up and tell me I shouldn't be wearing them!

Ever seen a pissed off redneck?
1. Lives in Myrtle Beach
2. Dresses the same as his sons
3. A self proclaimed redneck
4. Wears Jerseys in public.

I rest my case.

(FYI I own many a jersey. Even a Luke Kuechly Panthers jersey. I also own pajama pants and bedroom slippers. None of which I wear in public.)
Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #43
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
They sell them in an array of sizes, like pants you can buy your jersey to fit how you like, see you can like them again????? Brilliant!!!!
Hm, not really, because the PROPORTIONS are all f'ed up.
So no matter the size, the length of the arms proportional to the body of the jersey is absolute garbage.

Kind of similar to what someone mentioned earlier about shorts that are longer than your knees. Its ridiculous looking.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #44
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I love where this thread has gone.
And that's the beauty of cockytalk haha
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #45
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

If I'm going to spend $80.00 for a Jersey, I'm going to wear the hell out of it.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #46
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

So, the dude posts a pic of his new collection of jerseys of former gamecocks in the pros... which is pretty cool btw IMO... and it's immediately followed by the totally original and brand new "grown men wearing jerseys" debate... even though he never stated that he planned on wearing them to begin with... Way to go, guys... you all suck and ruined this thread... just couldn't help yourselves...
Old 05-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #47
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
So, the dude posts a pic of his new collection of jerseys of former gamecocks in the pros... which is pretty cool btw IMO... and it's immediately followed by the totally original and brand new "grown men wearing jerseys" debate... even though he never stated that he planned on wearing them to begin with... Way to go, guys... you all suck and ruined this thread... just couldn't help yourselves...
LOL Not to mention the fact that this discussion has already happened 100 times to many.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #48
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #49
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
If I'm going to spend $80.00 for a Jersey, I'm going to wear the hell out of it.

That's what I'm saying....

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #50
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
1. Lives in Myrtle Beach
2. Dresses the same as his sons
3. A self proclaimed redneck
4. Wears Jerseys in public.

I rest my case.

(FYI I own many a jersey. Even a Luke Kuechly Panthers jersey. I also own pajama pants and bedroom slippers. None of which I wear in public.)
1. Is a dick.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #51
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
1. Is a dick.
QFT

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #52
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

What chafes me is the audacity of some people telling you how you can use those, as if they are the final authority on what's cool.

Last time I checked, this was a free country.

Frame them, fine.

Frame them together, fine.

Wear them, yes, that's fine, too. It's not juvenile, it's showing your support for something bigger than yourself.

Enjoy the hell out of those jerseys any way you want. You paid for them; it's your business.

I think they are awesome. You were willing to shell out some big bucks for those, so enjoy the hell out of them.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #53
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Amen, brother!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:42 AM   #54
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
There are only two sports "jerseys" that are OK for a grown men to wear in public.

1. Soccer: It's a shirt.

2. Hockey: It's a sweater. (And even then it should only be worn when you are playing or watching hockey.)

All other jerseys may only be worn at your house, or someones home where a sports themed party is taking place.
This is stupid, If I paid as much for a jersey as I do, or have, I will wear it any damn where I please.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #55
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Nureye for pres

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote