CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
Past SEC Champions who ha
Did we ever go after Kenn
Connor Shaw Browns
East Carolina Prediction
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Playstation 4
New app: South Carolina G
SOS Teleconference
The Demise of the 3-4
What's your take on our a

Old 05-31-2014, 02:08 AM   #221
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material
Default Re: **2014 NCAA Tourney

Way to go Monte! Always great to see UF lose
Old 05-31-2014, 02:23 AM   #222
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Great day of baseball. Go Cocks!
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #223
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Am I the only one who hates the teams in our regional? I don't have any problem with Old Dominion, but Maryland and Campbell have really rubbed me the wrong way. To hell with 'em!
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:44 AM   #224
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Am I the only one who hates the teams in our regional? I don't have any problem with Old Dominion, but Maryland and Campbell have really rubbed me the wrong way. To hell with 'em!
Yes and I hate ODU now for choking to the turtles.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #225
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Losers!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #226
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Quote:
I expected Campbell to be more uhm.. "willing?" to take some HBP today.. but in the end.. Monty absolutely destroyed... even threw inside on them. There were quite a few times those elbows leaned in, but still.. Monty owned.

Now, lets see if Maryland will play nice with this whole HBP thing.

In theory.. the way Maryland looked today... we should have an easier time than tonight vs Campbell tbh. I'm sure they're going to be fighting to stay with us though.

I think in the end, I'd like to face Campbell again... over ODU. Those kids swung at everything we pitched.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:40 AM   #227
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Three of the top 8 seeds went down last night.

#2 UF go whipped by the smiling faces of C of C. UF faces UNC today.
#6 LaLa went byby. LaLa faces San Diego State next.
#5 FSU got killed by Florida slaying Georgia Southern. FSU needs to get by Alabama today.

Other top CWS baseball news:

Clemson Tigers got absolutely trampled by the Oregon Ducks 18-1. CU play Xavier next.

SEC losses:
Alabama
Kentucky
TA&M

ACC losses
Clemson
FSU
UNC
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #228
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Like seeing those acc teams losing.
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #229
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Quote:
Campbell sounded like sore losers in postgme. Not impressed at all.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #230
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Get ready for Maryland's HBP! Their coach instructs them to take pitches in the body despite the rule that you must avoid being hit if possible.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #231
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Any make up games from last night on this morning?
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #232
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Get ready for Maryland's HBP! Their coach instructs them to take pitches in the body despite the rule that you must avoid being hit if possible.
It's different in college. In the MLB you have to make an attempt to get out of the way of the pitch, but in the NCAA you can just stand in and take it. (Obviously you can't lean into it, which I believe they do too)
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #233
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Its been said that Holbrook has already discussed this with the umps about both Campbell and Terpine.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #234
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
It's different in college. In the MLB you have to make an attempt to get out of the way of the pitch, but in the NCAA you can just stand in and take it. (Obviously you can't lean into it, which I believe they do too)
They do lean in, I saw it during the ACC tourney (which was televised in VA). What a lousy way to play ball
Old 05-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #235
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Any make up games from last night on this morning?
The Oxford regional is the only area that got rained out yesterday and their games start at 2 today.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #236
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
The Oxford regional is the only area that got rained out yesterday and their games start at 2 today.
Thanks! I'm of course interested in our 2pm regional game, but I also think I want to watch that Florida/UNC elimination game. Should be interesting.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #237
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Here's today's slate

http://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/baseball/d1/2014/05/31
Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #238
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is correct, as I stated in another thread. Some of you guys are just embarrassing yourselves by whining about the rules when you dont even know them. Even KT knows the rules.....embarrassingggggggg.........
Old 05-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #239
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Excited for the Alabama vs FSU elimination game at 1. I hope they show that game on the U.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #240
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

Bama vs FSU game is on the U. ROLL TIDE!