CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
MWard
Aggie96
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (629)
Jaguars Justin Black (509)
Kansas to invest $75 (471)
When does fall pract (445)
Spurrier vs Saban (351)
George Harrison Memo (223)
An Air Algerie Fligh (153)
Songs that Didn't ma (139)
Anyone Switching to (118)
When does fall practice s
Official SEC Network and
Preseason Depth Chart
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Texags
2015 - Amonte Caban
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
iPhone repair
3-4 defense my interpreta
Spurrier vs Saban

Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #421
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

half court offense wins championships and right now miami is getting whatever they want and if they miss theyre getting the offensive board and converting. meanwhile roy hibbert cant grab a rebound and george hill looking like george hill.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #422
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
half court offense wins championships and right now miami is getting whatever they want and if they miss theyre getting the offensive board and converting. meanwhile roy hibbert cant grab a rebound and george hill looking like george hill.
All good points. Also Paul George is being his typical inconsistent self.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #423
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

it started with him passing up that wide open shot when the pacers had the lead and its gone from there. best player on the court for your team in an elimination game and you dont know whats going on is a bad sign. miami is just putting on a clinic offensively. drives to the hoop at will and wide open 3's and jumpers. roy hibbert 2 rebounds in 19 minutes, birdman 8 rebounds in 9 minutes.

this is what the pacers are, they are not consistent enough to be a championship team.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #424
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
it started with him passing up that wide open shot when the pacers had the lead and its gone from there. best player on the court for your team in an elimination game and you dont know whats going on is a bad sign. miami is just putting on a clinic offensively. drives to the hoop at will and wide open 3's and jumpers. roy hibbert 2 rebounds in 19 minutes, birdman 8 rebounds in 9 minutes.
That shot George passed up was mind boggling. Having Birdman man back has been big for the Heat's rebounding and D. The pacers D looks like old guys playing open gym D where if you drive or make 2 quick passes, there are wide open shooters.

The pacers aren't title worthy because they rely on guys like George and Stephenson. They just aren't trust worthy.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #425
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Having Anderson back helps a ton on the defensive end of the floor and the Heat are to talented for the Pacers, period. It helps the refs are letting them play...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #426
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
That shot George passed up was mind boggling. Having Birdman man back has been big for the Heat's rebounding and D. The pacers D looks like old guys playing open gym D where if you drive or make 2 quick passes, there are wide open shooters.

The pacers aren't title worthy because they rely on guys like George and Stephenson. They just aren't trust worthy.

Perfectly said, shoulda just quoted this, apologies!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #427
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

this is what the pacers are, they are not consistent enough to be a championship team.
Agree, you can't be inconsistent on the biggest stage! In the Pacer's defense the Heat are a pretty good defensive unit.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #428
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

The announcers keep trying to create excuses for the pacers. They tried saying it was Miami's experience that made the difference and allowed them to know how to handle a game 6. The pacers have been in the playoffs vs the heat the last 3 years, they have experience and shouldn't have been embarrassed like this, if an actual title contender.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #429
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

LOL, of course Donald Sloan banks in a 49-footer at the buzzer.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #430
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

The Pacers decline started when they traded D. Granger for E. Turner.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:43 AM   #431
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
george hill has to be on my all worst starters in the nba list.
I totally agree.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #432
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
The announcers keep trying to create excuses for the pacers. They tried saying it was Miami's experience that made the difference and allowed them to know how to handle a game 6. The pacers have been in the playoffs vs the heat the last 3 years, they have experience and shouldn't have been embarrassed like this, if an actual title contender.
I think it is funny how Bird and George divided the team as well as some fans on the Stephenson behavior, I can tell that if Stephenson played for the Heat you would not have heard a negative word in public from anyone associated with the Heat franchise ! When you go to battle with someone you have that persons back until the battle is over and the Pacers seem to throw Stephenson under the bus, a divided team will never beat a team like the Heat IMO
Old 05-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #433
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Stephenson will be a free agent this offseason. If I was him I might test the market.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #434
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Stephenson will be a free agent this offseason. If I was him I might test the market.
If I was the Pacers I would show him the door
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #435
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
I think it is funny how Bird and George divided the team as well as some fans on the Stephenson behavior, I can tell that if Stephenson played for the Heat you would not have heard a negative word in public from anyone associated with the Heat franchise ! When you go to battle with someone you have that persons back until the battle is over and the Pacers seem to throw Stephenson under the bus, a divided team will never beat a team like the Heat IMO
agree, its something they should have just let be and answered any question about it as thats just lance being lance. as long as hes not doing anything dirty on the floor i have no problem with him being an irritant. the one thing id tell him to stop doing is the over the top flopping.

i assume the media is trying to drive home a narrative of lance made lebron mad and thats why the pacers got blown out, i dont buy it. pacers lost in the fashion they did beyond their flaws because they lacked the desire and heart miami has, i think lance may have been the only guy on their team ready to compete on that level in game 6.

the perceived weaknesses of miami are at pg and center, problem is who in the playoffs are really capable of exploiting them in a consistent fashion on both ends of the floor. that and ever since they picked up norris cole that 2nd year and chris andersen the heat have held their own on both ends of the floor at those positions.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:24 PM   #436
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
If that is the plan I think they go quite into the night when Duncan and Parker hang it up. I would not be surprised one bit if Pop builds another contender however I would be surprised if it is around Leonard and is successful. I have a buddy who says the same thing and I tell him I just don't see guy who averaged less than 16pts a game in the MWC conference finding it after 2 years in the NBA but these things happen all the time!
Leonard is one of those guys that is more talented than his stat sheet would have you believe. I'm sure he could have 25-8-5 if he wanted to and if Pop let him, but that's not Pop's philosophy and Leonard isn't a selfish guy like that. He wants to win. Keep in mind that during this past regular season, no Spur averaged more than 30 minutes of play per game.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #437
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
The Pacers decline started when they traded D. Granger for E. Turner.
And signed Bynum. That team chemistry went to shit. What's funny is the national media kept saying that Granger wasn't going to be happy in a sixth man role. He seemed pretty damn happy to me. They were winning. Winning fixes almost everything.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #438
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think the Bulls may take a run at him.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #439
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
If I was the Pacers I would show him the door

Why? He's coming off by far the best year of his career, he's only 23 years old, he's one of the best perimeter defenders (hell look at how he made LeBron his bitch in Game 5), and he won't cost THAT much. You may not like his antic, but he's not breaking any rules and he's damn effective. Most people hated Rodman too, mainly because he wasn't on their team.

The Pacers need a new starting point and a sixth man who can shoot mid-range/long range jumpers effectively. Paul George needs to become more consistent, but you have to remember the guy is only 22. He's already one of the 3-4 top perimeter defenders in the league. The Pacers will be right back in the ECF as long as they make the smart moves rather than the reactionary/emotional moves.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #440
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

Four players have scored for OKC, but it's been enough so far. 49-42 lead at the break.