CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1355)
Why I'm hopeful abou (989)
The Gator Bowl wants (978)
CFN prediction for a (924)
USC will upset Aubur (794)
A simple defensive l (778)
In-state QB talent (574)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (363)
SEC Debate: Best can (349)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 06-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #461
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
No player for the Spurs averaged more than 30 minutes this season is an awesome stat, had to look that up to believe it. I agree that Leonard is more than his current stat sheet but I would bet money he never averages more than 20 points in the NBA for a season. I could see him with something close to the rebound and assist stats. I think he could give you games with that stat sheet but see him more as a 16-18, 7-10 and 2-4 guy with a steal or 2 and a block or 2 a night, very respectable numbers even all star numbers if he continues to progress on the defensive end. I do not see someone who could carry a team consistently night in and night out but he is a huge piece of a puzzle just not the biggest if you want to win a title in the next 5-6 years IMO
I'm tempted to take you up on that bet as long as you provide an out for injuries.

I believe he averaged over 6 rpg this year on limited minutes. He's going to be a damn good player. His shot chart and efficiency shooting the ball is near what Durant is and Durant is easily the best scorer in the league. Very few players can use the entire floor to score. It's really not a question of if he can score 20, it's just if he wants to and if Pop wants/lets him.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #462
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
I'm tempted to take you up on that bet as long as you provide an out for injuries.

I believe he averaged over 6 rpg this year on limited minutes. He's going to be a damn good player. His shot chart and efficiency shooting the ball is near what Durant is and Durant is easily the best scorer in the league. Very few players can use the entire floor to score. It's really not a question of if he can score 20, it's just if he wants to and if Pop wants/lets him.
Only Parker averaged more minutes this year than Leonard on the Spurs and just barely, 29:22 to 29:07, yet Leonard was 3rd in scoring, you are right he did shoot 52%. Serge Ibaka shot 53% and a little over 3 more minutes a game, do you think he could average 20 a night if given the chance?. No one questioned if he could score 20, could he score it night in and night out and I do not think he has the mentality, being a scorer is not a switch you turn on and off.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #463
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
agree, its something they should have just let be and answered any question about it as thats just lance being lance. as long as hes not doing anything dirty on the floor i have no problem with him being an irritant. the one thing id tell him to stop doing is the over the top flopping.

i assume the media is trying to drive home a narrative of lance made lebron mad and thats why the pacers got blown out, i dont buy it. pacers lost in the fashion they did beyond their flaws because they lacked the desire and heart miami has, i think lance may have been the only guy on their team ready to compete on that level in game 6.

the perceived weaknesses of miami are at pg and center, problem is who in the playoffs are really capable of exploiting them in a consistent fashion on both ends of the floor. that and ever since they picked up norris cole that 2nd year and chris andersen the heat have held their own on both ends of the floor at those positions.
I agree, Stephenson seem to be the only one who was not scared and ready to knock the champs off the top of the mountain, anyway possible! I do not think the Heat struggle at PG just due to the ability of both Wade and James to handle the ball. I do think if you stick to your guns, pack the lane, make them hit jumpers and out rebound them they do not have a real back to the basket scorer who can bang other than Haslem.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #464
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

See if LeBron can hush the doubters, gotta love this game! Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili chasing history with Wade and Bosh chasing the basketball immortality of a 3 peat and James chasing the GOAT. Throw in the old wise stubborn coach who always did it his way and could care less what anyone thought against the young Riley Protégé and anything could happen. My gut tells me the Heat in 6 as James imposes his will on the series early and often, the Spurs feel father time creeping up on them and lose steam in Miami after the Heat steal game one in San Antone, sweep the next two at home, the Spurs find a way to get a win at home only to feel the pain in Miami.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #465
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I am pulling for the Heat but I think the Spurs win the series in 6 or 7. Spurs just seemed pissed and highly motivated after what happened last year.

LeBron is going to have to be super aggressive if the Heat are going to win. Because the Spurs will do the same thing they did last year cram the lane and force him and Wade to hit jumpers. You know Bosh will jack em up. Some nights LeBron has the jumper and the killer instinct some nights not. That is the big storyline for me this series along with the health of Parker.

Compared to last year I don't think Miami is better than they were. You can make the argument they are bc Wade is healthier this year. I just believe the Spurs depth and 3 point shooting are going to be too much for the Heat this year. They Spurs are even better this year. Leonard is better, diaw and ginobili are playing great, and you know Green will be hitting from 3.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #466
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The Spurs perimeter shooting is going to cause problems .. I'd watch for some guy like Bonner, Mills, or Bellineli to get hot. Bonner could be lethal.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #467
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I am pulling for the Heat but I think the Spurs win the series in 6 or 7. Spurs just seemed pissed and highly motivated after what happened last year.

LeBron is going to have to be super aggressive if the Heat are going to win. Because the Spurs will do the same thing they did last year cram the lane and force him and Wade to hit jumpers. You know Bosh will jack em up. Some nights LeBron has the jumper and the killer instinct some nights not. That is the big storyline for me this series along with the health of Parker.

Compared to last year I don't think Miami is better than they were. You can make the argument they are bc Wade is healthier this year. I just believe the Spurs depth and 3 point shooting are going to be too much for the Heat this year. They Spurs are even better this year. Leonard is better, diaw and ginobili are playing great, and you know Green will be hitting from 3.
I'm not a lebron hater. He's the best player on the planet and its not close.

That being said, he's going up against the best coach on the planet and I'm sure that pop has some stuff drawn up just for this series.

Its going to come down to can the collectiveness of the spurs overcome lebron. If they can then the heat will lose in six or seven. If not then it'll be a game of adjustments. And then what happens?

My prediction is the spurs in six. They were 30 seconds away from doing it last year. This year they win and pop and Timmy ride off into the sunset

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #468
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Yep that's what I said a post above. Spurs depth and 3 point shooting will be the difference. Green will be the main one again this series not Bonner. But he will chip in along with Diaw, Leonard, and benelli. They have 5 or 6 guys that get decent minutes that shoot great.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #469
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Spurs in 7. Its going to be a great series. I think the Spurs can survive an injury to a key player better than Miami. Kawhi Leonard will emerge a star but Timmy will get Finals MVP.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #470
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

GINOBILI!!!

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #471
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Does Bill Simmons annoy the piss out of anyone else?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #472
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I'm with you on that.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #473
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

The Spurs can move the ball! They play beautiful basketball
Old 06-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #474
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

This AC issue is nuts.

LeBron's freak body is hurting him. The lack of fat makes him have more issues with cramping.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #475
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
This AC issue is nuts.

LeBron's freak body is hurting him. The lack of fat makes him have more issues with cramping.
He looks drained
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #476
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
He looks drained
It is likely due to such low body fat. I have coached kids like that and it's scary how bad the cramps can get. It will go from just what people are used to seeing to full body cramps and have to go to the ER. I'm sure the LeBron haters will go off on him but it's bogus to call him out for such an unprecedented event.

Last edited by Lalli25; 06-06-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #477
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

He has a history of this happening
Old 06-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #478
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Spurs 1 Heat 0

Good start and I know the best player was out but I will take the victory anyway they come.

Leonard's foul trouble kept him out most of the game but Diaw played some pretty good defense on James to make up for it and then Green got going when it counted the most.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 AM   #479
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Spurs in 6.
Herbie3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #480
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
No.

I think he's awesome.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote