CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
qcgamecock
Cockypantherfan
JerseyBird
Coulwoodwarlord
Travelin
JohnnyR2211
The Yancey
sporkgod50
Cockhornleghorn
Captain9Dragons
**USC vs. Arkansas G (3727)
DJ Swag in trouble. (1972)
2015 Pre-Preseason R (964)
Every SEC Fanbases r (492)
Nest thermostat (216)
Han Solo...not the b (128)
The 33 Satisfying Th (76)
Yelp tommorow- Frida (63)
atCeBIT but regardle (49)
The Canadians did it (44)
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
**USC vs. Arkansas GAME T
Nosovitch back at QB per
ALL CONNOR SHAW DISCUSSIO
DJ Swag in trouble.
The Canadians did it!
Super excited about our y
Kane Whitehurst no longer
**2015 Gamecock Softball
2015 Women's SEC Tourname


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 3,598
CockyCash: 1001001001
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default "Visiting" host team

They mentioned on the broadcast last night how the NCAA didn't want to give an overwhelming home advantage to the host teams, so the home team is determined by coin flip and if the host is the visitor it's the total package - visitor's locker room and they can't even play the music for the batters they would normally play.

So I was wondering if they went as far as playing music for the Maryland batters last night? Not that it should have made a significant difference, but you figure every little psychological bit helps in this crazy game.
__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
superfly
Game MVP
 
superfly's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Monroe NC
Posts: 1,768
CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
They mentioned on the broadcast last night how the NCAA didn't want to give an overwhelming home advantage to the host teams, so the home team is determined by coin flip and if the host is the visitor it's the total package - visitor's locker room and they can't even play the music for the batters they would normally play.

So I was wondering if they went as far as playing music for the Maryland batters last night? Not that it should have made a significant difference, but you figure every little psychological bit helps in this crazy game.
That should be a part of being a host team. If you earned the right to be the host team at your stadium, then you should also be able to the home team because everyone else is in reality....visiting your stadium. It's not like the NCAA has not made a ton of bad decisions. That is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to decisions from that cast of characters.
__________________
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could
 
davidmc467's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -
Posts: 4,446
CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

It is basically a neutral site that happens to be Carolina Stadium

USC doesn't have walk up songs even if they're the home team. No 2001. No K board in outfield. No pregame video.
__________________
Hello
davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 3,598
CockyCash: 1001001001
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
It is basically a neutral site that happens to be Carolina Stadium

USC doesn't have walk up songs even if they're the home team. No 2001. No K board in outfield. No pregame video.
Thought there was a thread earlier this year that talked about each player's song - maybe it was what song should they have or something like that.
__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could
 
davidmc467's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -
Posts: 4,446
CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Thought there was a thread earlier this year that talked about each player's song - maybe it was what song should they have or something like that.
I'm talking ab during the regional. They don't have any of that type of stuff that we saw during the regular season, even if we are the home team.
__________________
Hello
davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 3,598
CockyCash: 1001001001
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
That should be a part of being a host team. If you earned the right to be the host team at your stadium, then you should also be able to the home team because everyone else is in reality....visiting your stadium. It's not like the NCAA has not made a ton of bad decisions. That is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to decisions from that cast of characters.
Won't get into the merits of other NCAA decisions, but I do agree about earning the right to be the home team
__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 3,598
CockyCash: 1001001001
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Visiting" host team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I'm talking ab during the regional. They don't have any of that type of stuff that we saw during the regular season, even if we are the home team.
Ah, gotcha - they made it sound like you would have the walkup songs when you were the designated home team
__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development