CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
Spurrier was Embaras (3397)
More David Williams (2800)
ECU is a good team (2385)
Is it possible for o (2229)
Spurrier not happy s (2046)
Gameday in Columbia (1239)
Curse of the Chicken (1190)
Alabama vs Florida. (1161)
Tonight's ugly win w (1040)
Our wide receivers w (996)
Polls
Hardest Schedule
Tonight's ugly win was in
Is it possible for our Sp
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Spurrier not happy so why
Gameday in Columbia
More David Williams Pleas
Name a Gamecock
UK fans and local sports

Old 06-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Expectations

A thread off another board got me wanting to know your thoughts. So, what are you expectations for the 2014 football team?

Playoffs?
Bowl?
Division Champs?
SEC Champs?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 Expectations

10-2 and Capital One Bowl would be disappointing. Nothing against C1B; it's a great bowl, but at this point its a "been there, done that" thing.

I'd say we should aim for a SEC East title and a playoff bowl. If it's not the Sugar or Rose semis then one of the others that don't host
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Anything less than an at large bid is a disappointment.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

With a mediocre pass protecting offensive line and a nonmobile QB that doesn't have a ton of game snaps, lack of depth and no pass rushers at DE, and inexperience at Corner I'd take another 10 win season in a heartbeat.

I think 8-4, 9-3 would be a good season. Just don't have the personnel on defense and I'm not quite convinced that the offensive line is going to allow Spurrier to let it fly like he wants. Also have some doubts with Dylan.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

8-4 if we're lucky.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

9-3 if all goes well. Which may be good enough to win the East. Don't think we'll see a 10 win team in the East this year.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

My expectations are always to win every game.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I'll be happy with 9-3 or 10-2.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
With a mediocre pass protecting offensive line and a nonmobile QB that doesn't have a ton of game snaps, lack of depth and no pass rushers at DE, and inexperience at Corner I'd take another 10 win season in a heartbeat.

I think 8-4, 9-3 would be a good season. Just don't have the personnel on defense and I'm not quite convinced that the offensive line is going to allow Spurrier to let it fly like he wants. Also have some doubts with Dylan.
I think we get 10 after a bowl game win.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

I see 10 games we should win. Missouri is my toss up, but Auburn would be getting greedy.

My 2014 expectation: Get to Atlanta.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
I see 10 games we should win. Missouri is my toss up, but Auburn would be getting greedy.

Georgia will probably be a tougher home game than Missouri. I don't see us beating Auburn on the road. And Florida is always tough. I still think we have what it takes to go 11-1. But it feels like I'm one of the few who think that
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Georgia will probably be a tougher home game than Missouri. I don't see us beating Auburn on the road. And Florida is always tough. I still think we have what it takes to go 11-1. But it feels like I'm one of the few who think that
Your not. I feel the same way.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

After tonight, it can not get here quick enough.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #14
Joe Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Joe Gamecock has hatched from the shell

Although another 10-2 is par for the course, with all of the changes on the DLine especially DE, 10-2 is a realistic expectation.
Joe Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post

Pretty high expectations for a team that's probably going to struggle mightily on defense.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I worry that Dylan may have a few missouri moments this year. if so, then we will not equal the last 3 years.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #17
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

We are undefeated!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #18
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his comb

If Dylan would have played well against missouri,I feel most people would be predicting 10-2 and up. But he didn't so everybody remembers that game over everything else he's done so they're saying 8-4. He's not Connor Shaw. He's probably gonna throw more than one interception but he spreads the ball out more. He doesn't need to be perfect. We have a heisman candidate standing beside him and a very capable group of receivers.

Defensively, again we probably won't be as good but we don't have to be perfect. Play good red zone defense(which we've done under ward) and limit big plays (also have done under ward) and let our linebackers go to work.

Keep in mind georgia lost a lot plus a new quarterback and we get them at home. Florida is trying to bouncing back and missouri and Tennessee are at home. I think we'll be ok.

10-2, win the east
Old 06-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #19
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

So we are basing what Dt will do this season based on him struggling against one of the best Defenses in the SEC in 2013? I am going to rewatch the 13 Mizzou game but was Dt that bad? If I remember correctly it was MD28 that got us in that hole with his turnovers. Mizzou almost toppled, Auburn which was a couple plays from being national champs. I don't get that logic DT has the potential to go off and we DO have one of the best and deepest offensive lines we have ever had as well as so many skill players. I honestly feel that this will be the closest we will have seen Spurriers offense to the fun n gun since he arrived. Because they have to respect our running ability which leaves man on most of our receivers.

If our defense got gashed for 24 or less a game I think we can shootout this year and win most if not all of our games. I don't feel our defense is going to be as bad as everyone thinks either, I do see some deep threat teams getting several long scores and plays but on that note who are the quarterbacks we are facing? Murray, Boyd, McCarron if we get to atl and jff are all gone. So inexperienced qb's will be facing off against very talented gamecock defenders who are not necc. college proven should that not equal out? When we are switching the defense to favor our strengths(the linebacking core) I don't get the doom and gloom of most fans here. Call me a sunshine pumper all you want but this could be a very big year for us!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #20
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Prediction Win the East. Win the SEC and hopefully not choke away our best season ever in the playoffs.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote