CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
75CarolinaFan
b381l
Aggie96
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
uscjeremynca
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1245)
Dan Patrick Show - P (578)
ESPN Insider (499)
Pictures of older Co (411)
SOS Dominating SEC M (249)
Bonefish Grill (242)
Places to eat in Con (241)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (191)
This Song is the F'i (179)
What Are The Most Im (161)
Predict Clemson 2014
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Georgia Defensive returni
Jake Coker
Green and Lammons
Another A&M aggie off
Texags

Old 06-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #601
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NCAA Regionals:**USC vs. Maryland GAME #2 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Tough to watch the turtles dogpile in Cola but we had no clutch hitting down the stretch.

Hope schrock and Monty come back...I think GG needs to as well.
Gg needs to go, his knees only have so long.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #602
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

We get Koumas back next year after Tommy John. maybe he will be back to freshman form.

The injuries absolutely killed this team and they were never able to get it going consistently after conference play started.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #603
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Tough to watch the turtles dogpile in Cola but we had no clutch hitting down the stretch.

Shrock is a Sophomore. He's not going anywhere.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #604
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Schrock is a sophomore. He will be back.

Monty is gone. The way he left the mound on Friday, that was clear.

Greiner is probably the best major league prospect on the team. He is gone.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #605
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

In all seriousness...

I still think we'll hit a minor decline for a few years. Hell, LSU didn't even make the tourney last year! We'll see some frustrating ball, but I expect Tanner will give Holbrook the room he needs to grow. Just continue to recruit players that want to be here. We're too good of a program to see any sort of major program decline. 34-35 wins may be the worst we ever see.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #606
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

2 things and I'm done with Carolina baseball for the year.
1. I personally believe Tanner got out of coaching at the perfect time because he knew there was going to be a dropoff. Those types of players with that type of chemistry are once in a lifetime. Their records may never be broken. The expectations would always be to win it all and anything short is a disappointing year. If we ever win the SEC I expect spurrier to do the same.
2. It will be interesting to see how the new seams on the new balls next year will change our approach. Will it help us hit more long balls and more doubles? I sure hope so. Playing small ball won us a lot of hardware but I personally love having more offense in baseball.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #607
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
In all seriousness...

I still think we'll hit a minor decline for a few years. Hell, LSU didn't even make the tourney last year! We'll see some frustrating ball, but I expect Tanner will give Holbrook the room he needs to grow. Just continue to recruit players that want to be here. We're too good of a program to see any sort of major program decline. 34-35 wins may be the worst we ever see.
I completely agree with you. It will take Chad a few years to get settled in...it took Ray a few.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #608
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Here we go again with all the new fans being dumb because they expect a championship team all the time.

2010 & 2011 were special teams. We had some amazing players and everything connected all at once. That's when this new breed came in and have really ruined a lot of the baseball fan base.

H. is fine. Tanner was good, but it still took him time. Assembling a team that is special takes time. Learning to coach like Tanner will take time. If you guys are willing to jump off a bridge.. and say that 44 wins wasn't good, then by all means.. please leave the Gamecocks fan base.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #609
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Gonna gather my thoughts about the season and post them later. I will say this though. I appreciate all those who followed the baseball team. Whether I agreed with you or not, you were right there along with me, emotionally invested and taking the time to engage. And that counts. Thanks~ Warlord
`
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #610
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I completely agree with you. It will take Chad a few years to get settled in...it took Ray a few.
I don't think any of us wants to wait another 2-3 yrs waiting to be competitive in the tourney, but that's the way the sh** goes. We'll be back.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #611
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Thanks guys. I forgot Schrock was a sophomore.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #612
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Quote:
Thanks guys. I forgot Schrock was a sophomore.
Yeah, thank god. He's a special player.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #613
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I am disappoint.

...but I love these guys. No way in hell a team this talented should NOT make a Super, but hopefully it'll put fire in the belly for next year.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #614
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
WE SCORED 1 RUN..................IT WOULD HAVE MADE NO DIFFERENCE.
You don't know how many we would have scored with Crowe pitching tonight.....oh by the way, we only needed one run to win this afternoon.....if the same thing happens tonight, we win 1-0.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #615
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAETerrier View Post
Haven't lost a home regional since 1976....pathetic
Maryland hasn't won a post season baseball game since 1971......let it go.....records in sports will always get broken.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #616
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Where's all the sunshine pumpers?
Present!
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #617
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I hope seeing another team dog pile on our field will light a fire in the guys coming back. Hopefully we continue to grow as a team and we bring in some guys that can help with the bats.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #618
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You don't know how many we would have scored with Crowe pitching tonight.....oh by the way, we only needed one run to win this afternoon.....if the same thing happens tonight, we win 1-0.....
I see your point, but in elimination games I would ALWAYS use the best person available.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #619
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Seddon threw pretty well, and we only scored 1 run. We wouldn't have won anyway.
he's only got a 40-50 pitch cap....
Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #620
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Where's all the sunshine pumpers?
I know your glad we lost

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote