CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
StormOfTalons
Jack Garnet
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1370)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1001)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Texags (974)
Dawg DL man arrested (862)
Ace suspended 4 game (849)
Comporium (736)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (605)
Georgia DE Jonathan (593)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (474)
Texags
2015 - Zack Bailey
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
ESPN Car wash Spurrier
Ace suspended 4 games
watching the Alabama vs T
2015 - Albert Huggins
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe

Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #621
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 NCAA Regionals:**USC vs. Maryland GAME #2 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
Here we go again with all the new fans being dumb because they expect a championship team all the time.

2010 & 2011 were special teams. We had some amazing players and everything connected all at once. That's when this new breed came in and have really ruined a lot of the baseball fan base.

H. is fine. Tanner was good, but it still took him time. Assembling a team that is special takes time. Learning to coach like Tanner will take time. If you guys are willing to jump off a bridge.. and say that 44 wins wasn't good, then by all means.. please leave the Gamecocks fan base.
Great post, points to you
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #622
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
WE SCORED 1 RUN..................IT WOULD HAVE MADE NO DIFFERENCE.
Assume Crowe's pitching and it's 1-0 in the 7th for example......you don't know how that changes Maryland's strategy not to mention the fact they could have been behind late in the game.....it put's more pressure on them......you just don't know nor will we ever know.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #623
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Assume Crowe's pitching and it's 1-0 in the 7th for example......you don't know how that changes Maryland's strategy not to mention the fact they could have been behind late in the game.....it put's more pressure on them......you just don't know nor will we ever know.
I'm just sad that it's over.......................feels like a season lost.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #624
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
It wasn't a fun season as a fan either. Difficult to watch a lot of the time. Just not a lot of excitement.
44-18 is not a lot of excitement....GG and Schrock hitting walk off HR in the last inning....how did the Clemson series work out this year......you need to find a new team....

Last edited by b381l; 06-01-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #625
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Just got back from the game.. The glaring thing I noticed us the lack of fire and leadership on this team... Never saw any emotion tonight...

Maryland was by far the better team tonight...

In hindsight, Crowe should have thrown last night... If that happened, Maryland would gave had to win 3 straight, and I'm pretty sure they would not have done so.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 PM   #626
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
You're right, Crowe is our biggest offensive threat.
what happens if Crowe shuts out Maryland.....just asking.....
Old 06-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #627
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

You really need to look no further than how many runners Carolina left in scoring position. That defined this season. SO many games left out there on the bases, including the SEC regular season championship.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #628
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Just got back from the game.. The glaring thing I noticed us the lack of fire and leadership on this team... Never saw any emotion tonight...

Maryland was by far the better team tonight...

In hindsight, Crowe should have thrown last night... If that happened, Maryland would gave had to win 3 straight, and I'm pretty sure they would not have done so.
I do think that if Jordan moves on, that Crowe takes Friday's. If I were a betting man I'd say Taylor snatches the #2 spot. But I don't know squat.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #629
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I see your point, but in elimination games I would ALWAYS use the best person available.
I understand, but we had to win 3 games, not 1 or 2......I will say this, if Holbrook had pitched seddon against the camels today and lost, that would have been brutal.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #630
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I see your point, but in elimination games I would ALWAYS use the best person available.
Dont argue with him. Had Holbrook started a mid-week guy and South Carolina lose, he would be arguing that they should have started Crowe.

You always start your best. I don't care what awaits in the "next game" if you can't get to the next game you can't win it.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #631
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I do think that if Jordan moves on, that Crowe takes Friday's. If I were a betting man I'd say Taylor snatches the #2 spot. But I don't know squat.
Depends on how high Jordan gets drafted... Crowe was the best pitcher we had the last month of the season, he could easily be a Friday starter... Wynkoop needs to get mentally tougher....
Old 06-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #632
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Depends on how high Jordan gets drafted... Crowe was the best pitcher we had the last month of the season, he could easily be a Friday starter... Wynkoop needs to get mentally tougher....
Koop was the most consistent pitcher on the team this season, had two bad games at the end of the season. Koop didn't get the run support.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #633
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
I'm just sad that it's over.......................feels like a season lost.
I'm sad too.....but don't look at that way.....football is around the corner, then Frank's got the guys moving in the right direction, and I think we will improve in baseball next year. There is always room for hope and optimism....don't you ever listen to anyone that tells you any different......you see there are lots of people on here that aren't smart enough to understand the fact that it's the nature of sports, somebody has to win and somebody has to lose....and there is no shame or disgrace in losing.....it will make you a better man for it.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #634
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I'm sad too.....but don't look at that way.....football is around the corner, then Frank's got the guys moving in the right direction, and I think we will improve in baseball next year. There is always room for hope and optimism....don't you ever listen to anyone that tells you any different......you see there are lots of people on here that aren't smart enough to understand the fact that it's the nature of sports, somebody has to win and somebody has to lose....and there is no shame or disgrace in losing.....it will make you a better man for it.
I do embrace this sentiment ! Go Cocks...................
Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #635
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

now that it's over with maybe all of the negative Nancy's will go away and not come back.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #636
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Great year. Look forward to next year.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #637
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Koop was the most consistent pitcher on the team this season, had two bad games at the end of the season. Koop didn't get the run support.
His last 3 starts..got shelled at Vandy, fell apart in Hoover vs Florida, and did not get out of the 2nd inning last night...

He was solid up until that, but his last 3 starts have been bad.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #638
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
His last 3 starts..got shelled at Vandy, fell apart in Hoover vs Florida, and did not get out of the 2nd inning last night...

He was solid up until that, but his last 3 starts have been bad.
Ok so the two bad games were bad three games. And honestly, which pitcher didn't get shelled at the SEC tournament?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #639
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Has anyone mentioned firing Calvi yet?

I'm just saying it might help.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #640
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Next season will be determined by the choices of English, Pankake, Montgomery, and Griener. If they all, if not most of them guys leave we are looking at a reloading year next year. Just look at how many games were won or lost because of those guys. It'll be interesting to see what those guys do regarding staying in school or going pro.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote