CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
WeStillOwnUSC
MountainCock
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
USCNowAndForever
kingoftheroost
palmettosc
Interesting quotes f (2596)
Have you ever been s (1553)
Key for 2015 defense (961)
Skai Moore out for U (815)
Women's Team Ranked (608)
Lebron makes Clevela (502)
Troubles in Tigertow (359)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (324)
Cockaboose Video (249)
What does it take to (143)
Who is your favorite play
Gamecockology Helms
Stanley Doughty Needs spi
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Skai Moore out for UT
Have you ever been so wro
TN game weather
Uniforms for Tenn
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Chances we win out now?

Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #641
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NCAA Regionals:**USC vs. Maryland GAME #2 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
now that it's over with maybe all of the negative Nancy's will go away and not come back.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #642
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLLLLL???????????!!!!!

Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #643
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
Next season will be determined by the choices of English, Pankake, Montgomery, and Griener. If they all, if not most of them guys leave we are looking at a reloading year next year. Just look at how many games were won or lost because of those guys. It'll be interesting to see what those guys do regarding staying in school or going pro.
I don't think any of them will get drafted high enough to make them leave.....I just want one of them to step up and be a leader.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #644
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

[quote=
Ok so the two bad games were bad three games. And honestly, which pitcher didn't get shelled at the SEC tournament?[/QUOTE]

Jack was slipping, and getting yanked in Hoover didn't help. I didn't agree with that call, and I thought it certainly affected his performance in the regional. He does need to get tougher, there is no doubt about that.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #645
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ok so the two bad games were bad three games. And honestly, which pitcher didn't get shelled at the SEC tournament?
The way Wynkoop imploded in Hoover is what concerned me.. He was rolling along, and then he misplayed a 2-hopper back to the mound that kept the inning alive in Hoover.. A walk, HBP and 2 hits later, he leaves the game down 4-2. Crowe has been mentally tougher than Wynkoop recently, and that is why I was hoping he would have thrown last night vs MD.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #646
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think any of them will get drafted high enough to make them leave.....I just want one of them to step up and be a leader.....
Ill tell you what I've heard on Pankake from a mutual friend…Been told that said friend's personal feeling is that Joey will come back because he loves the "college life" (you figure it out). Of course things change based on circumstances, so we shall see. Got no reason to lie to me though.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #647
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Whelp, this one stings. I still think this team was too good to lose the regional, but they just couldn't consistently be good.

At least we aren't one of the top 8 seeds that got sent packing.

I've never been one for sunshine pumping, but I don't think the sky has fallen either.

At the same time, there's nothing wrong with some reasonable criticism. This team has issues that need to be fixed. For one thing, our LOBs are unacceptable for a team and fanbase that expects championships every season. Just my opinion.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #648
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wow ! I hope you're right. Depends on how long they want to play in the minors. I guess if you love baseball, it doesn't matter.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #649
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Just got to get better... Would love to see more fire&leadership from next year's team. Team has plenty of talent to go further next year for sure.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #650
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Just got to get better... Would love to see more fire&leadership from next year's team. Team has plenty of talent to go further next year for sure.
I think if Max gets well, we will have our leader.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #651
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Greiner is like 95% gone. Pankake's power numbers were down this year so that could hurt his stock, I already told you guys what I know about his situation a few posts above.

English seriously needs another year to learn the base paths.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #652
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Greiner is like 95% gone. Pankake's power numbers were down this year so that could hurt his stock, I already told you guys what I know about his situation a few posts above.

English seriously needs another year to learn the base paths.
Honestly, I think Greyson and English and all the rest could benefit from staying. If I was a player, it'd take me starting in AA to get me to leave.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #653
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I think if Max gets well, we will have our leader.
He is BY FAR our best pure hitter.... He hit damn near .500 with a broken back in the regionals. If he gets healthy, and with the new balls next year, he probably will hit .360+ next year.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #654
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Honestly, I think Greyson and English and all the rest could benefit from staying. If I was a player, it'd take me starting in AA to get me to leave.
No doubt about Greiner, but he's the most MLB ready. Probably the most complete performer on the team this year next to Martin.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #655
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ill tell you what I've heard on Pankake from a mutual friend…Been told that said friend's personal feeling is that Joey will come back because he loves the "college life" (you figure it out). Of course things change based on circumstances, so we shall see. Got no reason to lie to me though.
Meh.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:38 AM   #656
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Money could definitely change circumstances real quick.

GG is the only one I see getting drafted high enough to be a no doubter. The others will have to weigh their options. From what I've seen it looks like we have a very good recruiting class (not 100% sure because they don't really rank baseball recruits).

What it all boils down to guys is scoring. 5.3 runs a game average this year. 108th in the country. 7th in the SEC. Now while 5.3 is not bad with our pitching staff, it's gotta be better than that.

I can't find the team BA with RISP anywhere but I would be willing to bet it's pretty low.

Very good season, but ultimately very disappointing losing at home in a regional to a team we should never lose 2 games to. It's baseball though, it happens. Gotta love college sports. Go Cocks!
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 AM   #657
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Well, it was an uneventful end to an interesting season. We all had a little higher expectations than how it ended, but so did uf and fsu. I really think the difference between the back to back teams and this one is just plain attitude and leadership. The two guys that were supposed to be the leaders this year pretty much stunk it up in the post season. I think if he can stay healthy Max will be the leader on the team next year and they might play with a fire they haven't had in recent years. It was still a good season, but it sux to go out like this when the opportunity was there to do better.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #658
No Curse
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Maybe our players/coaches were just as concerned about being a national seed and hosting a super as the fans...forgot they had to take care of business first
Totally agree. It starts with the mid week games against the citadel and others that you should win and carries forward to the SEC tourney. My thought is if you take those lightly it will carry thru to the regionals. I think this team was overrated by the media because of success from past seasons. There is no reason why a program like this should be swept by anybody whether home or away. Period. To me this season was a giant step backwards
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #659
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
If there is no fire then the coach has to motivate. Fire is something Holbrook lacks. Tanner had it in spades. Holbrook makes bad in game decisions and he better talk to Master Tanner to learn the little things about baseball, like strategy! He better recruit his tail off cause this regional performance is unacceptable.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #660
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

one last observation after "sleeping on it" and the baseball season over.

We need better strategy/execution during critical points in the game. That is both on coaches and players. The coaches need to make the right call PROACTIVELY during key points in the game. Then the players need to execute to that strategy.

And for god sake put a new coach on 3rd base who doesn't pinwheel his arm like Pete Townshend in a maniacal guitar solo when a guy is on second and a routine hit goes into left field.

that is all.