CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Gamecock football Long Te
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base

Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Long-term accommodations in Beaufort?

Hey everyone. I have done a few searches, but I haven't really found much, so I thought I would turn to my CT folks.

I have applied for a position that is located in Beaufort, SC. If I get the position, I don't plan on relocating, because my wife's career is in the upstate, and she definitely makes a larger salary. In the event I do get the job, I'm going to need a place to stay during the week (traditional M-F), but the only things I have found are a minimum of $500/month, and I know we wouldn't be able to afford that with what we already have to pay out each month. Does anyone have any ideas of somewhere in or relatively near Beaufort I could check into? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default Re: Long-term accommodations in Beaufort?

You probably won't find anything under $500 per month anywhere in Beaufort. Your best bet might be to look in the surrounding counties and plan on commuting 30-45 minutes.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
You probably won't find anything under $500 per month anywhere in Beaufort. Your best bet might be to look in the surrounding counties and plan on commuting 30-45 minutes.
That's what I'm thinking, too. I'm not really familiar with the area, though, so I'm not sure which areas are within that commute time.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Look in Ridgeland or maybe even Walterboro depending on where in Beaufort you would be.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

$500 per month? Damn that is cheap! I am surprised you found that.

Look at Yemassee and maybe even some of the inland places and you might get lucky...St. Helena, Land's End, Frogmore, etc.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
$500 per month? Damn that is cheap! I am surprised you found that.

Look at Yemassee and maybe even some of the inland places and you might get lucky...St. Helena, Land's End, Frogmore, etc.
Thanks. The $500/month was only one thing I found, and it was an old, single-wide trailer that didn't look to be in the best condition.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Look in Ridgeland or maybe even Walterboro depending on where in Beaufort you would be.
Thank you. The job is at the Technical College of the Lowcountry which is almost right beside Beaufort Memorial hospital, if that tells you anything. But it's nice to have some other areas to check.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Another option would be to scour craigslist for roommate ads. You might luck up and find something that way.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

I can tell you the motels there are very high priced, due to the Marine base. When they have graduation, you can't even find a room. It's worth the drive to I-95 to get a cheap room.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

You could always shack up with a hot co-ed down at USC Beaufort.

Another option would be to spring for a camper and stay at one of the campgrounds.

Seriously, the best bet is to commute from a surrounding area. Figure out how far you are willing to drive and look at all those surrounding areas. As one would imagine, the more inland the cheaper the rent. The access to 95 should make the commute decent.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #11
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I live in Ridgeland and my girlfriend lives in Beaufort (her mother actually is a professor at TCL) and I've lived here my entire life, so feel free to PM me if you have any specifics to ask or anything.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Can't afford $500+ a month but you want a job in Beaufort? I don't follow the logic of applying for something clear across the state but not being able to afford housing when you get there. Don't take the job. Find something closer to home since your wife is the primary bread winner.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Thank you. The job is at the Technical College of the Lowcountry which is almost right beside Beaufort Memorial hospital, if that tells you anything. But it's nice to have some other areas to check.
Isn't that closer to Bluffton than Beaufort? Maybe try Hardeeville or like someone else said Yemassee or Varnville.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Try local hotels, should be able to get weekly rates less than that and you don't have to clean up.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #15
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Isn't that closer to Bluffton than Beaufort? Maybe try Hardeeville or like someone else said Yemassee or Varnville.
TCL has a campus in Bluffton/Hardeeville and in Beaufort (which is the main campus)
Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #16
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Can't afford $500+ a month but you want a job in Beaufort? I don't follow the logic of applying for something clear across the state but not being able to afford housing when you get there. Don't take the job. Find something closer to home since your wife is the primary bread winner.
My thoughts.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote