CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
gamecockgal
usc1
robgusc76
75CarolinaFan
Master Bedroom
El Cid Ranger
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (802)
Kansas to invest $75 (705)
Spurrier vs Saban (699)
When does fall pract (692)
An Air Algerie Fligh (249)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (240)
Anyone Switching to (224)
Darth Vader 'Vette (154)
iPhone repair (85)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
iPhone repair
2015 - Christian Pellage
college football match up
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Expect A Healthy Dose of
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
2015 - Davante Davis

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Baseball Reflection & Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Well, if I'm going to pick one thing to be unhappy about, it's the offense, and this isn't the first time. I guess we put up decent numbers every year as far as runs per game, but most people could watch this team over the course of a full season and see the offense struggles, and it has for several years now.

I don't pretend to know what the players are coached to do or how each one approaches various at bats, but I do know something needs to change. Maybe the guys aren't actually trying to play gorilla ball, but it definitely seems like lots of other teams can get hits at critical times almost at will, and we can't. What could the reason be? Your guess is as (probably better) than mine. And yes, I realize there were a number of times during the year when we got "clutch" hits late in games, but if the offense were better/more consistent, then maybe we wouldn't have needed to be the "cardiac cocks" much of the year.
So by "several" are you referring to the last 5-6 years?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #22
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

We need some guys who can mash especially with the seam change next season. Power numbers should be trending upward around the league.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #23
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

This was dissappointing.
It isn't necessarily that they lost, but how they lost to an average Maryland team.

But overall, this season did have its positives..the pitching staff was lights out to me, and this is one of the best bullpens we have had in a while, and I feel good about pitching next year.

Fielding will be a question.
First, Greiner will be gone, and Koch has looked good in spot relief, we need someone to replace his batting.
First base I think will still be Martin, with Schrock, Mooney and Arendas manning the infield (I will be happy to see no more Pankake errors next year, because I can see him going pro).

Outfield I think will be good...Caldwell could be back, English I think will be back (hitting isn't near good enough to get drafted high) and Bright...

Depth I think will be good with Cone, Gore, Widener, Maxwell, Pike, Williams and some of the guys we have coming in.

Hitting I think is still the question mark...we need to get a lot more aggressive on offense and score runs when we can...I'd like to see us do a lot more bunting, such as when we have runners on first and second and no out, bunt those two over.

Very sick how this year ended, very dissappointed, because this team had the pitching staff to go to Omaha.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
So by "several" are you referring to the last 5-6 years?
I didn't have a number in mind, but I was trying to convey the idea of the offense struggling well before Holbrook became the head coach. Who is the hitting coach? I honestly don't remember. Also, how many hitting coaches have we had in the last decade or so?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #25
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Can't say I've felt this disappointed in a Gamecock baseball team in a while. My expectation before this year was to get to Omaha. We had nearly everyone come back from a team that almost did it last year so the bar was set high. We had arguably the most experienced team in the SEC this year. Didn't mean a damn thing in the end.

Injuries hit us throughout the year and Holbrook did a good job all things considered keeping the team together and getting to 40+ wins yet again.

However, injuries can't be an excuse for how we performed in the SECT and NCAAs. Schrock and Bright, when in the lineup were both swinging it well. Schrock had the most hits in the regional and Bright seemed to hit it on the screws every time albeit right at someone.

Unless we bring in a phenomenal group of hitters we may struggle a little more at the plate next year. Expect to lose English, Pankake, Greiner, and probably Martin as well to go along with Seddon, Beal, and potentially Montgomery from the pitching staff.

I imagine the lineup will look something like this:

1. Mooney SS
2. Bright RF
3. Schrock 2B
4. Widener DH/Steagall 1B
5. Arendas 3B
6. Caldwell/Harrington LF
7. Gene Cone CF
8. Logan Koch C
9. Scolamiero/Pike/Maxwell/Gore-who knows

Pitching (if no Monty):

Fri-Crowe
Sat-Wynkoop
Sun-Widener

Pitching will be stout again with most of our guys coming back. Meyers continues to do an outstanding job.

Coach of the Year- Jerry Meyers

Player of the Year- Grayson Greiner

Most Improved- Joel Seddon

Freshman of the Year- Wil Crowe

Sorry about the long post, decided to put down all my thoughts in to one post. Hope MD takes care of UVA so we don't look quite as bad. They were an impressive group and the better team over the weekend. Never buckled under pressure, but instead we did. Really makes you appreciate what our guys did in 2010-2012. Here's to a better season in 2015.
That's going to be close, real close. Nice job. Mooney looks like the leader in the clubhouse for the leadoff spot. Another possibility would be Cone if he gets the S/O's down but he works the count very well & had a 1:1 S/O to walk ratio. His OBP was very close to Mooney's.

Interestingly, looking at the final stats Joey Pankake had the best leadoff type numbers. Very high S/O to BB ratio & good OBP. But he is a prototypical middle of the order guy & one of the 3 true RBI guys (with Shrock hurt) we had so he had to stay in the middle of the order. No brainer there.

Martin had a terrific year but I knew this team had some real issues (other than injuries) when Holbrook moved him into the 2 spot even temporarily. That my friends is a sign of desperation because Martin is a power/rbi guy all the way.

Just a lot of holes on this team & they reared their head at the wrong time. All is not lost, we have some proven pitchers returning along with Shrock & some other freshmen who got some valuable time this year. Probably will be picked in the upper middle of the league pre-season depending on the draft & what other teams lose. My breakout player for next year is DC Arendas, look for him to have a big year. A tough out, hits a lot of balls hard, works the count & showed a little power.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #26
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I didn't have a number in mind, but I was trying to convey the idea of the offense struggling well before Holbrook became the head coach. Who is the hitting coach? I honestly don't remember. Also, how many hitting coaches have we had in the last decade or so?
Holbrook was the hitting coach for Tanner. I think we may need to examine that area. I think Buscher is doing it now. However, I don't think it is a "several years" problem. You realize that in those several years we won 2 titles and played for a 3rd. I think we hit well when Holbrook was the hitting coach. We weren't as flashy as some past teams but hit the ball timely.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #27
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcausc View Post
Forrest Koumas was redshirted this year.. i see him in the weekend rotation
He is still on the team?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #28
Ph/JDCock
Recruit

Male

Ph/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudly

I have consistently read that Montgomery is likely gone. Based purely on performance, an 8-5 record with an ERA near 3.50 (with pedestrian velocity) doesn't seem like it would get him into the top 10 or 15 rounds of the draft. Is this a mind-made-up-time-to-move-on situation or is he expected to consider where he's drafted before finalizing his plans?

His stuff is similar to Michael Roth's, but Roth had much gaudier numbers his junior and senior years (14-3/1.06 ERA and 9-1/2.45 ERA, not including the legendary CWS performances), and he was ultimately only drafted in the ninth round.

Of course, teams are always looking for LHP, so there's no question he'll be drafted, but it seems like Monty might be someone who could improve his stock if he returned and dropped the ERA and loss totals.
Ph/JDCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #29
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph/JDCock View Post
I have consistently read that Montgomery is likely gone. Based purely on performance, an 8-5 record with an ERA near 3.50 (with pedestrian velocity) doesn't seem like it would get him into the top 10 or 15 rounds of the draft. Is this a mind-made-up-time-to-move-on situation or is he expected to consider where he's drafted before finalizing his plans?

His stuff is similar to Michael Roth's, but Roth had much gaudier numbers his junior and senior years (14-3/1.06 ERA and 9-1/2.45 ERA, not including the legendary CWS performances), and he was ultimately only drafted in the ninth round.

Of course, teams are always looking for LHP, so there's no question he'll be drafted, but it seems like Monty might be someone who could improve his stock if he returned and dropped the ERA and loss totals.
You hit it on the head there.
LHP are at a higher premium that RHP.
I'm not sure Monty is a certain jump, but I will be surprised if he is in the garnet and black next year....I hope he is, but we will see.
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #30
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
He is still on the team?
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...-season-138337
Old 06-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #31
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

The guys I see contributing a lot more next year on the pitching staff side is John Parke and Matt Vogel. Either as a starter or as big inning guys in the pen. Really good arms.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
That's going to be close, real close. Nice job. Mooney looks like the leader in the clubhouse for the leadoff spot. Another possibility would be Cone if he gets the S/O's down but he works the count very well & had a 1:1 S/O to walk ratio. His OBP was very close to Mooney's.

Interestingly, looking at the final stats Joey Pankake had the best leadoff type numbers. Very high S/O to BB ratio & good OBP. But he is a prototypical middle of the order guy & one of the 3 true RBI guys (with Shrock hurt) we had so he had to stay in the middle of the order. No brainer there.

Martin had a terrific year but I knew this team had some real issues (other than injuries) when Holbrook moved him into the 2 spot even temporarily. That my friends is a sign of desperation because Martin is a power/rbi guy all the way.

Just a lot of holes on this team & they reared their head at the wrong time. All is not lost, we have some proven pitchers returning along with Shrock & some other freshmen who got some valuable time this year. Probably will be picked in the upper middle of the league pre-season depending on the draft & what other teams lose. My breakout player for next year is DC Arendas, look for him to have a big year. A tough out, hits a lot of balls hard, works the count & showed a little power.
You are right about the holes, but I do think help is on the way.

I'm real excited to see how Widener, Cone and Gore mature in a year of conditioning (I think those three will all be good players for us).

Also, I think Brock Maxwell will be good next year for us.

Incoming guys, I'm looking at Colin Steagall and Jared Martin to hopefully give us some power in the lineup, and I'd keep a close eye on the AC Flora trio (Madison Stokes, Banks Cromer, Everett Eynon).

Two pitchers I'm looking at with Cromer are Destino (if we can hold on to him) and Junior Harding.

I know we have some draft eligible juniors, and I think Greiner is gone, possibly Monty and Pankake. I'm not sure English will leave with his lack of power at the plate, but his speed and defense may be enough to get him drafted high enough.

As far as the rest of the team, I'd keep Arendas, Mooney and Schrock third to second, Bright in right...but I'm not sure Caldwell is a lock in left...didn't really see enough out of him since he was injured, and I'm not sold on his defense, to warrant him as a lock in the spot (Cone I think will be in CF and Maxwell I think will end up in LF)

WE have plenty of talent coming back, but we have got to improve the offensive consistency. Holbrook hasn't forgotten how to teach hitting, his World Series teams are proof of that...but the ability to get clutch hits was a glaring hole this year. Also consitency...can't score 9 runs one game and 1 the next...there has to be a middle ground.
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #33
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
The guys I see contributing a lot more next year on the pitching staff side is John Parke and Matt Vogel. Either as a starter or as big inning guys in the pen. Really good arms.
I"m with you there.
I could see Parke competing for a weekend spot if Monty leaves, or at least be the midweek starter.

Vogel I think could be a power arm out of pen.
Another guy is Canan Cropper, and you have the wildcard in Koumas.

A question i have is if Evan Beal will be back
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #34
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I"m with you there.
I could see Parke competing for a weekend spot if Monty leaves, or at least be the midweek starter.

Vogel I think could be a power arm out of pen.
Another guy is Canan Cropper, and you have the wildcard in Koumas.

A question i have is if Evan Beal will be back
Beal and Monty are as good as gone

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #35
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

Hitting really needs to improve, I was very impressed with the big plays on defense, someone said MD was an average team, that may very well be, but they are a hot team getting hot at the right time which is what it takes to be successful in Omaha. If I recall correctly, Micheal Roth referred to the 2010 team as a bunch of "Average Joes" playing really well as a team; loose, carefree. S'what it takes this time of year, best of luck to them.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #36
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....bacCWmP5.dpbs

Interesting take.

Believes Pankake, Greiner, Monty, English, Bright, Martin, Seddon and Mincy are all gone.

If that happens, I see Arendas, Mooney, Schrock and Stegall/Widener in the infield, Koch and Jared Martin splitting time at catcher, with Caldwell/Madden in left, Cone in center and Maxwell in RF.

Pitching wise, I think move Crowe to Friday, Wynkoop to Saturday and ? for Sunday.
Pen should still be good with Fiori, Reagan, Scott, and guys like Vogel and Cropper and Parke looking to contriute...and we have the three wildcards in Beal, Britt and Koumas, plus guys like Destino committed.
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #37
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....bacCWmP5.dpbs

Interesting take.

Believes Pankake, Greiner, Monty, English, Bright, Martin, Seddon and Mincy are all gone.

If that happens, I see Arendas, Mooney, Schrock and Stegall/Widener in the infield, Koch and Jared Martin splitting time at catcher, with Caldwell/Madden in left, Cone in center and Maxwell in RF.

Pitching wise, I think move Crowe to Friday, Wynkoop to Saturday and ? for Sunday.
Pen should still be good with Fiori, Reagan, Scott, and guys like Vogel and Cropper and Parke looking to contriute...and we have the three wildcards in Beal, Britt and Koumas, plus guys like Destino committed.
I'm surprised he thinks Beal will stay and Bright/Mincey will go. I think those will be reversed.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #38
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

From what I saw................Taylor Widener is gonna be in the weekend rotation.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #39
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I am disappointed due to our fast start and high ranking early in the year, it set expectations too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #40
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think Widener showed us Saturday that he has the talent to break into the line-up. And I really hope his hitting picks up. My biggest fear next year is catcher. We've had good ones for several years and to be honest I can't see Koch in that spot.
Looking back at the three consecutive Omaha years, the one factor that I saw that made the difference was the emergence of Matt Price. He wasn't just a dominating closer, he was an intimidating one. It seems like after he closed the door on Coastal the whole team's attitude changed. They knew as long as he was out there they didn't have to be perfect and that if we got the lead late we were probably gonig to win. And opposing team knew it too. Webb and Seddon had good numbers, but they were just not intimidating. To be honest, I really think without Matt Price, there would not be two Championship trophies in the case.The one guy on the team that I felt had the attitude to go along with intimidating stuff when he was on was Beal. But I guess thats not going to work out.
As far as pitching I thought our guys pitched well enough for the first three games. Wynkoop got gave up some runs but two of them were on an error. And Widener picked him up with an outstanding game. Once again just as it has the past three years, consistent clutch hitting killed us. Maryland wanted the game more than our guys and it showed.
Next year the balls are changing and maybe the style of play that we are playing will be the one that wins. We have some good new guys coming in and I think we have a bunch that are going to be leaving. This team has pretty much been the Pankake/Greiner/English show the past two years and although it was pretty good, it wasn't good enough. I guess its time to put some new future stars out there.
Are we spoiled? Sure we are, but if you don't aim high you often settle for less. Enough rambling and crying over spilled milk. Football is right around the corner.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote