CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2086)
Have you ever been s (1313)
Tennessee Offense Br (830)
Key for 2015 defense (802)
Women's Team Ranked (534)
Skai Moore out for U (488)
This season and recr (449)
Lebron makes Clevela (355)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (244)
For all the uniform (205)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 05-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #401
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Sandifer visiting Wednesday. He was here for JR day. It's us and Alabama. Decision this fall during season.

Garrett Thomas OT from Louisiana visiting this summer.....has over 20 offers. Top 5 in no order Michigan, Old Miss, Okla, Texas and Carolina. No offer from either LSU or Alabama. Decision this summer.
Thanks. I figured after I posted that the OL from GA was Sandifer.

First I've heard about Garrett Thomas though. Can't help but wonder what that means in regards to our other OT prospects, and why no offer from LSU or Alabama?

Last edited by garnet_black215; 05-23-2014 at 09:45 AM.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #402
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

This is shaping up to be our year for the beefy guys.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #403
greatwhitecock
I'm Ya Huckleberry

Male

CockyCash: 600
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

The next recruit with a set commitment date we are in it with is Key right? So far I'm excited about this class's potential. I do need to see some offensive tackles and rb's come our way. Makes me sick seeing elite tackles commit to that team from the upstate and not us. Overall though our class is gonna be nasty!
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #404
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Anything on Tim Irvin or nyheim Hines?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #405
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitecock View Post
The next recruit with a set commitment date we are in it with is Key right? So far I'm excited about this class's potential. I do need to see some offensive tackles and rb's come our way. Makes me sick seeing elite tackles commit to that team from the upstate and not us. Overall though our class is gonna be nasty!
Key should be the next, but don't pop the bottles until he enrolls.

The taters haven't recruited well on OL or DL for years, they put a big focus on OL this year and got some great players. However, they have a history of poorly developing those guys, so I wouldn't think much on it. We'll beat them b/c our coaches are better.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #406
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Me too. I wish we could get guys like that, particularly at OT.

Hopefully we get one in Clark.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #407
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

We could get any 1 star player and win it all!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #408
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Isn't Key announcing tomorrow?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #409
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Anything on Tim Irvin or nyheim Hines?
It's Irvin Charles...we are in it with him.
Hines is probably a tater.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #410
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
He is announcing on the 10th, unless things have changed in the past 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #411
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
no June 10....
Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #412
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

GCC says we lead with AJ Turner RB Clifton, Va.

Other RB we have a shot with Jordan Scarlett, Johnny Fraiser and Bradrick Shaw.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #413
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sometimes good prospects commit to a thin cupboard. Clemson brought in 4 OL in the last 2 years. How many good HS linemen does it take to get one good SEC lineman? We should get several this year based on our OL likely sending a few on despite having 14 scholarship OL on board. Elliot was almost giddy this spring at the prospect of having 10 guys he considers likely ready to play.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #414
greatwhitecock
I'm Ya Huckleberry

Male

CockyCash: 600
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

You're right. I can't remember the last time if ever our o line had a legit two deep. I think a lot of the reason we can take a lower rated player and that player perform better than a higher rated player that goes to clem5on has more to do with the competition game in and game out. Probably more so than the difference in the coaches. That said I do believe for the most part our coaching staff is better than theirs. Feels good too.
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 AM   #415
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
You're right. I can't remember the last time if ever our o line had a legit two deep. I think a lot of the reason we can take a lower rated player and that player perform better than a higher rated player that goes to clem5on has more to do with the competition game in and game out. Probably more so than the difference in the coaches. That said I do believe for the most part our coaching staff is better than theirs. Feels good too.
When you compete with top notch talent every day in practice, it makes you a better player. Plus our coaches to a very good job at evaluating talent.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #416
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
He is announcing on the 10th, unless things have changed in the past 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx... I for some reason thought it was later in the month... I don't really know what I was thinking lol.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #417
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

Clemson is putting some effort into the OL this year but it will take at least two years until you see an upgrade, probably when the new recruits are RS Sophs. Based on their track record, they will start ignoring the OL again after this year, which is crazy. You need to bring in talent every year because you need ten experienced guys all of the time, plus more in development, Also, a high percentage of OL do not pan out. A lot of Clemson people blame their poor line play in recent years on J. K. Jay not being able to play, like one more OL would have made that big of a difference.

Don't forget that we already have an OT committed in the Juco kid - he will need to learn the system but should be physically ready when he steps on campus, which is a big plus.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #418
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
In hindsight. Epic post.

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #419
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
And to think we all gave you crap
Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #420
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
And to think we all gave you crap
I didn't!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote