CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
Master Bedroom
Aggie96
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
Devonte Holloman Ret (2502)
JD & DJ Getting (1093)
Aggie looking forwar (1069)
Article on Shaw & (1037)
I have not bought in (979)
Cockaboose Owners (978)
and the #1 2014 acc (841)
I'm thinking we're g (743)
SEC East QB's Ranked (581)
Clemson OT to transf (489)
SEC East QB's Ranked
wbb - Ibiam & Welch p
First "Carolina Call
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
I have not bought into ou
Really excited to visit t
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant

Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default HTC One 2 (M8)

I just ordered two of these through Verizon. They have an awesome buy one get one free deal with $100 account credit to boot.

I had to use my free upgrade, but that means I get 2 of these beauties for about 160 bucks total.

Anyone else getting one (or two)?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: HTC One 2 (M8)

It is a really nice looking phone.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Had these phones for a few days now. I'm really impressed with their speed and features. The camera is great for low light, even if only 4 ultra pixels. The foreground focus option is insanely cool.

Not worth 700 bucks, but the 80 I paid is a steal. It's an iPhone with a 5 inch screen and way sexier.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Just got one myself. Finally got the bootloader cracked, root and custom recovery. Goodbye Verizon bloat woo!

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

So why do you need 2 or 3 phones?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
So why do you need 2 or 3 phones?
For my wifey. After a month with these babies, I can say the only competition for it is the new Samsung. The iPhone is garbage next to these. Postage stamp screen. The new iPhone is 3+ months away and will still have a smaller screen. Apple needs a new innovation to stay in the game.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

My contract comes up next month and this is one of the phones I've been thinking about getting. It's between this and the Samsung Galaxy S5. I've gone to the store to test both of them out and just can't decide. I have an older model HTC that I've been really happy with, so that might be the deciding factor.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
For my wifey. After a month with these babies, I can say the only competition for it is the new Samsung. The iPhone is garbage next to these. Postage stamp screen. The new iPhone is 3+ months away and will still have a smaller screen. Apple needs a new innovation to stay in the game.

#ModForMod
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #9
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

I got the HTC one m8 on March 28th, after testing out an iPhone 5 for 2 weeks.. The m8 is amazing and head and tails better than the iPhone. Only gripe is the camera isn't as great when zooming in, but for everyday pictures and low light it is incredible. Swiping thru screens is much smooter than even a galaxy s5. I enjoy the screen gestures to turn the phone on, and the screen itself is beautiful.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I got the HTC one m8 on March 28th, after testing out an iPhone 5 for 2 weeks.. The m8 is amazing and head and tails better than the iPhone. Only gripe is the camera isn't as great when zooming in, but for everyday pictures and low light it is incredible. Swiping thru screens is much smooter than even a galaxy s5. I enjoy the screen gestures to turn the phone on, and the screen itself is beautiful.
Agree with all that. I'm surprised there wasn't more fanfare for the rollout.

I got the otter box case which makes it uglier but really protects.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material

The s5 throttles itself under moderate/heavy use because of the waterproofing and plastic casing. The One's metal case dissipates heat much better and lets it run at high speed under load. The speakers on the One are soo much better too. I flashed the Skyfall rom on mine last night, it's beyond fast.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I was thinking of choosing between the S5 and the HTC this fall. Now there is this: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...e-news/#!FzwkH

#ModForMod
Old 04-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I was thinking of choosing between the S5 and the HTC this fall. Now there is this: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...e-news/#!FzwkH
Ya I looked at that one too. The screen is a little large for my tastes and will probably negate most of the extra battery size. The speakers on the One are amazing and its the same 801 snapdragon in both. The extra gig of ram will probably help but I've yet to run anything that eats up my 2GB. I do really like the fact that its running CM Mod out of the box and seems really modder friendly. Hard to beat the price if you don't want a contact.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #14
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Just upgraded to this phone today. Got everything set up and I'm really liking it so far.

Wife got the Galaxy S5 so it will be interesting to compare the two as we use them.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

I have a serious question. How the heck do people afford phones and a data plan these days? I mean seriously. For my wife and I to have a data plan and two smart phones, it's close to 200/mth. We pay less than 70/mth now for our two phones and unlimited calling and texting. I just cannot reason within myself to spend nearly 200 dollars a month to be able to access the internet on my stinking phone.....I had to freaking cut my DirecTV off just to have the 35/mth to join a gym! I want to "get with the times" as much as anyone, and I'd love to able to get a smart phone....but dang, I just can't bring myself to do it. Most will probably consider me old, I'm not, I'm 30.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #16
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
I have a serious question. How the heck do people afford phones and a data plan these days? I mean seriously. For my wife and I to have a data plan and two smart phones, it's close to 200/mth. We pay less than 70/mth now for our two phones and unlimited calling and texting. I just cannot reason within myself to spend nearly 200 dollars a month to be able to access the internet on my stinking phone.....I had to freaking cut my DirecTV off just to have the 35/mth to join a gym! I want to "get with the times" as much as anyone, and I'd love to able to get a smart phone....but dang, I just can't bring myself to do it. Most will probably consider me old, I'm not, I'm 30.
go with AIO get the phones and the sim cards and you monthly unlimited all data 2.5 gb at 4glte sped before a throttle back and unlimited call, text as well 50 per line per month and right now save an additional 10 off ... one thing to note with AIO all Taxes and fees are included in the monthly so for $90 tax and all you could have the smartphone and unlimited everything for just$90.. a pretty good deal if you have a third line you would be at $120 for three lines or $40 per line..
Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #17
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

a quick google search shows me that they are now merged with Cricket? Is that right? I looked at cricket and it looks like you gotta buy the phones outright....

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

Quote:
You sound like a reasonable man. More people should be getting rid of their overpriced garbage cable plans and joining gyms, or at least jogging outside in the mornings.

I have survived just fine the last 6 years, using only netflix streaming (8 bucks), pirated streaming for sports, and a free over the air HD antenna for the network channels. For big games I head to a friends house for ESPN.

As for my smartphones, it took me a while to break down and get a real one, as I enjoyed being disconnected. Now that I have kids, and travel in the car a decent amount, I find them more useful (maps and Yelp etc.). I only pay 113 a month for two HTC ones on Verizon. This includes a 15% discount on main line for being state employee, and a data ceiling of only 2GB combined. This seems restrictive, but if you just remember to not stream video to your phone except when you're using wireless, it's easy. I even listen to a decent amount of Pandora at work, and it doesn't use that much. My comcast highspeed internet bill is only 40/month.

So for about 161 dollars, my TV, phone and internet are covered. I feel pretty good about that. A family gym membership with childcare included is easy to afford with those savings. #lifehack
Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
a quick google search shows me that they are now merged with Cricket? Is that right? I looked at cricket and it looks like you gotta buy the phones outright....
yeah but they are pretty cheap.. less than 50 bucks unless you go with something super new..you buy your own phone ebay or otherwise and then get a sim card from them..
Old 06-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #20
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
They don't use Verizon or any of the major sellers. You can get unlimited talk text and 5GB high speed data (rest low speed but unlimited) without a contract for two lines at less that $90/month. You do have to provide the phone, but they are all over the place. I bought two Galaxy s3's right when the s4's came out for $150 each and put them on Wal-Mart Family mobile. Service is just fine. I do have a few coverage spots that aren't as god as Verizon, but for Less than half the price, I can deal with that.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote