CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Handsome_Dabo
Acockolypse Now
Aggie96
spareparts
SuperCockMaster
thekob
The Yancey
johnnyb
SEC East QB's Ranked (1340)
The bane of our seas (1322)
Ward wants us to pla (1047)
OBC banner being add (939)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (921)
Who scores the first (610)
Davis Playing in A&a (552)
Come and get your Jo (444)
All garnet for Thurs (420)
CFB Playoff Bracket (409)
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Who scores the first touc
Davis Playing in A&M
As things currently stand
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
The bane of our season
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
CFB Playoff Bracket predi
Come and get your Johnny

Old 06-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: HTC One 2 (M8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
I have a serious question. How the heck do people afford phones and a data plan these days? I mean seriously. For my wife and I to have a data plan and two smart phones, it's close to 200/mth. We pay less than 70/mth now for our two phones and unlimited calling and texting. I just cannot reason within myself to spend nearly 200 dollars a month to be able to access the internet on my stinking phone.....I had to freaking cut my DirecTV off just to have the 35/mth to join a gym! I want to "get with the times" as much as anyone, and I'd love to able to get a smart phone....but dang, I just can't bring myself to do it. Most will probably consider me old, I'm not, I'm 30.
For me, it's determined by income and how much I'm willing to spend. If having a smartphone w/ data plan, tv package, etc. would be very burdensome on my family's finances I would just do without. As my wife and I have progressed in our careers, we're fortunate in that the amount we can afford to spend on luxuries has increased and with that our willingness to spend for those has also increased. I don't have a problem with spending on the luxuries as long as we can afford what we truly need and be able to save some each month as well. If, God forbid, one of us lost our job or we have some unforeseen expense arise, I would have no qualms about scaling back and/or eliminating some of those luxuries.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #22
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Right now, we spend about 70/mth on phone. Looking at our budget, we can't go over 100/mth for two lines of service. So I think the 90/mth plan with cricket/wal-mart family is our best bet if we want smart phones. My wife couldn't care less about having a smart phone, but I would like to have one. We have a 2 year old and I would like to be able to take some better pics/video than the ones I can take right now. And, having internet access, maps, pandora are things that could certainly be utilized at times. I guess what really holds us back from having some "luxuries", other than driving two nice vehicles- is the 500/mth in student loans!

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #23
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
I guess what really holds us back from having some "luxuries", other than driving two nice vehicles- is the 500/mth in student loans!
The real luxury a several years from now will be having no car payment and having those loans gone. I say focus on that, and enjoy your kid while they still wanna be around you.

Side note: taking pictures of your kids is important, but in reality, you won't look at the pics that often. Be in the moment.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #24
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I got a burner and two season tickets
Old 06-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #25
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
The real luxury a several years from now will be having no car payment and having those loans gone. I say focus on that, and enjoy your kid while they still wanna be around you.

Side note: taking pictures of your kids is important, but in reality, you won't look at the pics that often. Be in the moment.

You will have an awesome slideshow for when they are adults and get married or have baby showers and what not.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #26
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

One of the vehicles, my wife's Corrolla, is paid off. It's an 09 so we feel good about that. I have a 13 Tundra, that we stole from the dealership, and only have 2 more years to pay on that. The student loans however, will take a little while, but I'm happy to say I just finished my masters of education from USC and did NOT add any more student loan debt, because we paid cash for it this time!

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote