CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Lonnie
Spurticus
garnet_black215
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
MWard
TAFC 5 1981
Another A&M aggi (2599)
Green and Lammons (2289)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (672)
Dawg DL man arrested (616)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (589)
Nashville (427)
Georgia DE Jonathan (378)
Texags (373)
Green and Lammons
Jake Coker
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gamecocks taken in the 20
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
The Believer
2015 - Mon Denson
Texags
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off

Old 06-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
jesse james
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs
Default 2014 Super Regionals

Wow. Only seven of the sixteen #1 seeds in Regional play made it through to the Super Regional round, and only three of the top eight National Seeds.

Of the 16 teams in the Supers, only four were ranked in the top 10 in the final regular season poll, and six were not even ranked in the top 25.

And only one (Texas) of the twelve top baseball programs in terms of total wins since 2000 made it to the Super Regional round (even though all of them but Wichita made the post-season tournament).

Top 12 teams (with wins since 2000):

FSU - 737
SC - 713
Rice - 703
UNC - 688
Texas - 676+
LSU - 667
Fullerton - 650
Wichita - 641
Arizona St - 641
Ga Tech - 638
Clemson - 635
Miami - 626

Last edited by jesse james; 06-03-2014 at 02:03 PM.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Super Regionals

The tourney is watered down IMO with all these flukey programs and upsets. No South Cack? No LSU? No FSU? No Florida? No Oregon St? Boo.

The cinderellas will fall in the Supers (except where there two Cindies, lol) and the CWS will be uninteresting.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Wow. Seven of the sixteen #1 seeds in Regional play didnt make it through to the Super Regional Round
I counted only 7 of the 16 #1's making it in
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Rooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming in

CofC at least gives me a reason to watch. Would love to see them make it through, not just because I'm an alum, but you gotta pull for Monty Lee.
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
I counted only 7 of the 16 #1's making it in
Haha. You're right - I had my numbers reversed. Fixed it. Thanks.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I really think Virginia has been the most (only?) consistent team all year. They're my pick to win it all.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Here's my Final 8.

OK St.
UT
UL
Vandy
COC
TCU
Ole Miss
UM

Last edited by rioninusc; 06-03-2014 at 03:31 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Haha. You're right - I had my numbers reversed. Fixed it. Thanks.
No problem - just making sure myself.

Either way, pretty impressive how many upsets there were, which you figure takes a very slight amount of sting off of our loss. Would have sucked if 15 of 16 #1's advanced and we were the only ones who didn't
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
No problem - just making sure myself.

Either way, pretty impressive how many upsets there were, which you figure takes a very slight amount of sting off of our loss. Would have sucked if 15 of 16 #1's advanced and we were the only ones who didn't
Misery sure does love company.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

I'll take all the company I can get at this point
Old 06-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #11
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

People watch this after we get eliminated?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I really think Virginia has been the most (only?) consistent team all year. They're my pick to win it all.
Absolutely not. The ACC is crap. The ACC has been crap for 50 years. They are the biggest joke in the history of college baseball. The top 3 teams in appearances without a title are all ACC teams. There is no way an ACC will win.

If this did happen, the irony would be that the ACC would win a title in the most diluted CWS field in history.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Absolutely not. The ACC is crap. The ACC has been crap for 50 years. They are the biggest joke in the history of college baseball. The top 3 teams in appearances without a title are all ACC teams. There is no way an ACC will win.

If this did happen, the irony would be that the ACC would win a title in the most diluted CWS field in history.
I'm like a swallow returning to Capistrano. It's June so I watch college baseball. It has become part of my DNA.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

A swallow who quoted the wrong post?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I guess I'll watch out of habit. And I'll probably pull for C of C and Kennesaw State since they are probably the biggest underdogs.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #16
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
The tourney is watered down IMO with all these flukey programs and upsets. No South Cack? No LSU? No FSU? No Florida? No Oregon St? Boo.

The cinderellas will fall in the Supers (except where there two Cindies, lol) and the CWS will be uninteresting.
You can say the same thing about the Mercers and FGCUs in the NCAA basketball tourney that they are fluking upsets but that is why you play the game. No doubt there is a lot to be desired for the field but it happens.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
People watch this after we get eliminated?
Yes because some of us love college baseball, even if we aren't playing.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #18
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Yes because some of us love college baseball, even if we aren't playing.
Yep, I usually keep watching, but sometimes it gets a little too painful. Gotta give some respect to the LSU fans, lots of them go to the World Series every year whether LSU is there or not.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #19
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Shoot yeah, I will watch... There are a few teams I am interested in watching..... La-La, CofC, and anyone that plays Texas( Houston)
Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Shoot yeah, I will watch... There are a few teams I am interested in watching..... La-La, CofC, and anyone that plays Texas( Houston)
The ONLY thing I am interested in ULL doing is LOSING! I still hate them. Their fans were obnoxious!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote