CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
snruter amabon
seamus
SCrules
ChickenButt
NAGamecockFan
trapper82
cockybreeyan
Cockypantherfan
Spurrier Press confe (1897)
why we're in this po (1848)
Predict the Season ( (1650)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1556)
Dylan Thompson picke (1317)
Waldrop & Willia (1149)
Acock's Wrap Up: Van (1099)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Vols dismiss RB for (673)
Dillon Day suspended (647)
The defense will signific
SEC on CBS Coming to an E
open discussion of this t
Defense not an issue....
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Dylan Thompson picked as
Spurrier Press conference
Kendrick salley
Waldrop & Williams
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #21
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

He has room to grow. We may need him at RB with a need there
Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC remains in the top four for RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL. He has yet to reveal that list but said the Gamecocks are strong with him.
Ive maintained a really good relationship with coach (Grady) Brown and Im going to visit this summer, he said.
Samuel has visited Columbia twice before but has yet to attend a game. He could take an official visit to USC during the season.
Samuel would like to commit sometime in December and is planning to graduate early.
USC has a good program and good coaches, he said. I like the way they said they would use me.
Florida State and California are two others he plans to visit over the summer. Ive got a good relationship with one of the coaches at Cal, Samuel said. He just wants to get me on campus to see what is it like. I hear its beautiful out there so I want to check it out.
His offers include USC, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Cal, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville and Duke. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-his-top-four/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #23
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/rec...n-in-rb-top-3/
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post

Says we are in his top 3 with Auburn - but doesn't say who is no. 3.

Odd that 247 profile doesn't show on offer by Auburn or us.

puzzling - but not too much.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Attending Showcase with teammate 2016 recruit John Broussard.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #26
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

We are recruiting him as a WR, according to a PK article.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #27
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC hosts its Showcase Camp Saturday and one of the uncommitted targets planning to attend is WR Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL. The speedy Samuel plays running back in high school but the Gamecocks like him as a slot receiver along the lines of Ace Sanders.
Samuel has a top three of USC, Auburn and Florida State in no order from a list of 40 offers. He talked Sunday with his Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown.
“We were just talking and he said he wanted me to come in again, so I’ll be up there again Friday,” said Samuel who will be there to observe the camp, not work out. He did camp at USC last summer.
Samuel said he likes the Gamecock program and coaches and could see himself in their offense.
“It’s my style of offense,” he said. “They said I can come in and make an immediate impact. They spread the ball around getting the ball in peoples hands.”
Right now Samuel doesn’t plan to make a commitment until December, but he did say a commitment this weekend is possible. He will be joined on the trip by a few teammates including highly touted 2016 DB John Broussard.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...showcase-camp/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #28
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

C2, do you think Samuel is a take with the tight numbers? I love his highlight reel and think he could be a good one. He has really good initial burst and despite his smaller stature he's pretty tough to bring down.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I'd be surprised if he was a take. Good looking player though

Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #30
sgacock
4-Star

Male

So, our coaches have invited him to the Showcase even though they have decided that they aren't gonna' take him?
So, he's gonna' drive to Columbia from Alabama even though our coaches have never told him they would take him?

Mind you, I'm not saying that he is a definite take. Only the coaches know that. What I AM saying is that I don't think any of us can know whether a kid is a "take" or not.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #31
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

We can speculate within the boundaries of our limited knowledge however.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #32
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'd be surprised if he was a take. Good looking player though
doesn't make sense that we would take another small receiver.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
So, our coaches have invited him to the Showcase even though they have decided that they aren't gonna' take him?
So, he's gonna' drive to Columbia from Alabama even though our coaches have never told him they would take him?

Mind you, I'm not saying that he is a definite take. Only the coaches know that. What I AM saying is that I don't think any of us can know whether a kid is a "take" or not.
Chris Clark says he isn't.....
Old 07-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #34
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Could it be that him coming to the showcase will be an opportunity for him to showcase his talent and sell himself to the coaches? Maybe they needed to do an eye-ball eval of him one more time? Who knows....
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #35
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

That would be a good theory but he isn't working out

Old 07-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #36
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

I heard hes coming for lunch at docs bbq.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #37
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

He seems to have the kind of slashing, fearless running style that Ace Sanders had. At his height and weight, he looks thick enough to take a hit or throw a block. Players without the desired size are usually a more risky bet, but sometimes play with extra grit.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #38
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I'm watching the Texas A&M/Auburn game from last year, and Trey Williams had a few big runs in this game. I bring this up because he and Samuel are about the same size and seem like very similar players, both in size and skill set. Obviously neither one are primary or every down backs, but it seems like they can be used in the same way at times.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #39
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Sounds like we are still in play here.

Quote:
WR Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL continues to show strong interest in USC, and vice versa, and because he will graduate in December and enroll in January, he said USC would have room for him if he decides to go there.

"Coach Brown said they have another guy coming in, a slot receiver, but if I can come in December, they will take me," Samuel said. 'I'm almost done. I have only two classes."
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...666/-1/PSPORTS
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #40
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Attending Showcase with teammate 2016 recruit John Broussard.
we're not taking Samuel, but the coaches really liked John Broussard.
Closed Thread