CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ccured
doubledribble
GregoryHouse
sporkgod50
Master Bedroom
Clowneygotcha
nicstockman
SwampFox
RightCoast
Carolina Hype Video (1627)
Mens basketball 2016 (565)
Guy Pretends to Get (322)
What is the best gra (316)
Today Show (224)
FIFA Womens World Cu (56)
Bulldog Love Budweis (0)
Mens basketball 2016
Guy Pretends to Get Draft
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
Carolina Hype Video 2015
Cocks Underdogs in 5 Game
TeMarcus Blanton
FIFA Womens World Cup - G
Favorite Place To Eat Tha
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Kash Daniel

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #6841
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Clelin Ferrell

How many times do we have to beAt Clemson. I mean damn how do they get in so good with all these guys
Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #6842
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Arden Key

Made my night. Welcome back home.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #6843
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

That's fantastic news. Our D line is reloading...
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #6844
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

So glad to have him back
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #6845
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
that was a great show.....
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #6846
warriorcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervouswarriorcock is making other chickens nervous

Great news!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #6847
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

ok that's most of the good ones! So glad to have Arden on board and be a Gamecock again!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #6848
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
How many times do we have to beAt Clemson. I mean damn how do they get in so good with all these guys
I would LOVE to know the same thing.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #6849
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

We are so close to a championship!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #6850
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Torrance Gibson

Interesting article via 247 (not Gamecock related but still good).

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #6851
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Nyheim Hines

Article via 247

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #6852
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Rivals

Article via 247

Quote:
Former USC commitment Arden Key (6-6 217) of Atlanta announced on Twitter Tuesday night a new pledge to the Gamecocks.
“I will spend the next 3-4 years at the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA with my boys @WGreen_20 @B_Quatro4 @D1MANOS etc ” is how Key put it on Twitter.
He made his announcement a week earlier than he had said he would and he picked the Gamecocks over Oregon, Miami, LSU and Ole Miss.
“I just couldn’t wait any longer,” Key said. “I knew it was South Carolina and I just wanted to put it out there. The coaches already knew I was committed. I told them a long time ago. I would tell you if I could remember when. I just knew it has to be South Carolina.”
Key originally committed to USC nearly a year ago and he decommitted in September the same day his close friend and former teammate Wesley Green decommitted from USC. Green later signed with the Gamecocks in February and now Key plans to follow his lead again.’
“I chose USC because of the love I got from the fans,” he said. “Also, I have a great relationship with coach Ward. I feel like I can go to him with anything, not just football.”
Key said he’s 100% committed to USC but might take one or two other official visits besides his one with the Gamecocks.
Key had over 100 tackles and eight sacks last season. He had a dozen sacks as a sophomore.
He’s the 12th commitment for USC’s 2015 class and the second defensive end.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-for-2nd-time/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #6853
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Quote:
Clemson fans were justifiably excited last week when talented receiver Deon Cain of Tampa committed to the Tigers. Not only was Clemson getting one of Florida’s best, they were perhaps enhancing their position with another of that’s state’s top prospects in RB RayRay McCloud of Tampa.
The immediate reaction was Cain’s commitment would have a direct impact on McCloud’s thinking. However, McCloud says that’s not the case.
“We are best friends and we grew up together but it doesn’t,” said McCloud who attends a rival high school. “If I end up going there, then I end up going there. It’s not because of him. It would be great if we could play together but it is what it is. I wasn’t surprised (about the commitment). I actually knew before a lot of people. When he told me I told him that it was a good fit for him.”
McCloud has not narrowed his own list which includes offers from Clemson, USC, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Miami, Ohio State, Southern Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Oregon, Alabama and Missouri. He plans to trim it down this summer.
McCloud talked with his USC recruiter GA Mangus last week. “We were just catching up on things and talked about when I’m coming up there,” McCloud said. He talked with his Clemson recruiter Jeff Scott last weekend as well. He said between those two schools with him he’s not leaning either way.
McCloud does have schools of primary interest and he will visit them over the summer. Those include Clemson, USC, Florida, Miami, UCLA, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Michigan. Florida State also is a possibility.
McCloud said he has no timetable on a decision. “Whenever it feels right,” he said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-not-a-factor/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #6854
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Roquan Smith

Quote:
LB Roquan Smith of Montezuma, GA is sitting on more than 30 offers and would like to narrow his list “pretty soon.” Smith would like to get that list down to five or six at the most, and he gave Clemson and USC each a good chance to make that list. He visited Clemson in April and had planned to visit USC as well though he did not make that trip.
“I didn’t get to go but I know I’ll visit this summer,” Smith said. “I’m talking to coach (Kirk) Botkin just about every day and he’s a really good guy.”
Whether or not he will return to Clemson this summer is still up in the air.
“I know I’ll take some more visits but I really haven’t thought about where I’ll go that much, to be honest” he said.
His offers span most of the SEC and ACC. Some of his other offers are Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Georgia.
He did not name a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ebacker-smith/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #6855
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Emanuel McGirt

Quote:
OL Emanuel McGirt (6-6 272) of Durham picked up an offer from Georgia last week and is interested in finding out more about the Bulldogs. He has added the Dogs to his favorites list replacing Virginia Tech. The others on the list are USC, North Carolina, NC State, Duke, Florida, Vanderbilt and LSU.
The Gamecocks have recruited McGirt very hard for one of their offensive tackle spots and right now he considers them to be one of his front runners.
“I definitely like coach (Shawn) Elliott, he’s a good guy,” McGirt said. “I like coach (Joe) Robinson. They’ve been recruiting me for a while. I really like the coaching staff. They’re all good guys. They need tackles in this class and they feel like I can be that guy to mold the offensive line around a couple of years from now. They came down twice (this spring) and sent me hand written letters from the whole staff.”
McGirt has not yet visited USC but plans to visit within the next two weeks. He also plans to visit Georgia while on that trip.
“I don’t have an official top four choices but if I did they (USC) would be in there,” McGirt said adding the rest of his imaginary top four is North Carolina, Duke and NC State so there’s the obvious argument being made for him to stay close to home. “Of course, they always throw that pitch line, don’t you want to be the hometown hero. But I have a chance to play in the best conference in college football and as a competitor you want to better yourself and have that opportunity.”
McGirt is an excellent student who wants to major in pediatric psychiatry or veterinary medicine, so the academic side of things will weigh heavily in his decision making process.
“I come from a very strong family with academics,” he said. “Academics is very important in my family. Athletics, I just want a chance to play and I feel like at those eight schools I’m needed. I’m not going to go somewhere where I’m not needed or go somewhere and be just another guy on the depth chart. I want to go somewhere where I can have an impact. At every school I listed I can make an impact early or after my redshirt year. The social life is pretty big. I don’t want to go to a school where I’m not going to have a lot of friends.”
As an aside, McGirt said his favorite football player is Jadeveon Clowney and includes Clowney’s number 7 from his USC days as part of his Twitter address.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-draws-closer/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #6856
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Quote:
OL Austin Clark of Lexington, VA made his final unofficial visit Saturday before making his announcement on June 12th. Clark made a second trip to USC, one of his final seven schools along with Clemson, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Penn State and Ohio State.
Clark made the visit with his father and spent the day with Gamecock offensive line coach Shawn Elliott.
“That was really important to me as far as getting to know him better as a coach,” Clark said. “It was definitely a good day. I got to see a little bit more of Columbia than I did on my last visit. The visit pretty much answered all the questions I had left. His main message to me was I was a top priority for them and they want me to come and man one of the tackle spots for them.”
Clark did not meet with Steve Spurrier who was out of town after attending the SEC meetings in Florida earlier in the week.
Clark plans to narrow his list to four next weekend and the visit to USC appears to have boosted their chances of making the final four.
“They have a really good chance of making it,” Clark said. “I pretty much answered any questions I had left.” He plans to major in business management and he was given plenty of information about the USC business school.
Clark said he remains in touch with his recruiters from the other schools as well. He will announce his decision during the 6:00 PM newscast on June 12th on the local TV station.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...isit-saturday/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #6857
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - LaSamuel Davis

Committed to Clemson.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #6858
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
USC remains in the top four for RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL. He has yet to reveal that list but said the Gamecocks are strong with him.
Ive maintained a really good relationship with coach (Grady) Brown and Im going to visit this summer, he said.
Samuel has visited Columbia twice before but has yet to attend a game. He could take an official visit to USC during the season.
Samuel would like to commit sometime in December and is planning to graduate early.
USC has a good program and good coaches, he said. I like the way they said they would use me.
Florida State and California are two others he plans to visit over the summer. Ive got a good relationship with one of the coaches at Cal, Samuel said. He just wants to get me on campus to see what is it like. I hear its beautiful out there so I want to check it out.
His offers include USC, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Cal, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville and Duke. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-his-top-four/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #6859
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

Quote:
Florida State and Georgia are the latest to offer Irmo native WR Auden Tate of Tampa. Tate played his freshman year at Dutch Fork before relocating to the Sunshine State. He already has offers from USC and Clemson and is showing interest in both. This summer he will visit the Tigers.
As for his new offers, Tate was expecting one and surprised by the other.
“I’ve been talking to Florida State for a while and I was just waiting on this offer,” he said. “Georgia offered me yesterday (Tuesday) and if came out of nowhere. I am very, very excited about both offers.”
Tate has no favorites but anticipates narrowing his list shortly. He would like to narrow it to ten by early-summer and then down to five.
“I would like to commit before the summer is over,” Tate said. “I just need to get in some of these visits first.”
Those visits are to Clemson, Maryland, Michigan and Georgia. The Maryland trip is the only one scheduled thus far and will be June 25th.
He said he is familiar with USC and does not plan to visit Columbia.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...essive-offers/

Old 06-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #6860
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Another CB for USC today.

Closed Thread