CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
markymark550
M.C.
bigoleCOCK3521
ccured
MikeTrainNC8
FilchCock
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
jch81
Shaq Roland (2955)
clemson game time: N (2105)
**USC Women vs. San (1498)
The Defense (1249)
Women's soccer Sweet (1236)
Mason Rudolph starti (761)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (734)
2014 Charleston Clas (542)
injury report? (508)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
Texans getting frustrated
2014 Charleston Classic:
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tiger Burn
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Shaq Roland
For Discussing The Clemso
USC/clemson spread
The Defense
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,000

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #21
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

Quote:
Florida State and Georgia are the latest to offer Irmo native WR Auden Tate of Tampa. Tate played his freshman year at Dutch Fork before relocating to the Sunshine State. He already has offers from USC and Clemson and is showing interest in both. This summer he will visit the Tigers.
As for his new offers, Tate was expecting one and surprised by the other.
“I’ve been talking to Florida State for a while and I was just waiting on this offer,” he said. “Georgia offered me yesterday (Tuesday) and if came out of nowhere. I am very, very excited about both offers.”
Tate has no favorites but anticipates narrowing his list shortly. He would like to narrow it to ten by early-summer and then down to five.
“I would like to commit before the summer is over,” Tate said. “I just need to get in some of these visits first.”
Those visits are to Clemson, Maryland, Michigan and Georgia. The Maryland trip is the only one scheduled thus far and will be June 25th.
He said he is familiar with USC and does not plan to visit Columbia.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...essive-offers/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #22
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Released his Top Ten (no order)

USC Clemson Michigan Georgia Florida State Florida Ohio State Miami Missouri Maryland
Old 07-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
WR Auden Tate of Tampa was not able to visit Clemson this summer but that does not mean he will not in the future. The former Dutch Fork product just returned home from The Opening in Oregon and will visit Florida State next. That trip is scheduled for next Thursday and Friday.
I was hearing a lot more from Clemson during the spring but I havent talked to them as much this summer, Tate said. I still want to see if I can get up there for a visit.
Tate said that could be an official visit. He remains interested in the Tigers and plans to take all five of his official visits.
Even if I commit, I still want to take all five visits, he said. I wanted to commit before the season but I dont think Ive visited enough schools so I think Im going to wait.
He did attend a camp at Maryland thoroughly enjoying the trip.
I didnt think I would love it but I loved it up there, Tate said. I just liked the feel of it. The campus is beautiful and it reminded me of USC. Everything is close together and stuff like that.
He did not name any leaders and does not have a commitment date.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...fficial-visit/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #24
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

Looks like he will be at the showcase today per TBS.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #25
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Yes, he tweeted earlier today that he was already in Columbia....
Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #26
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Any news about his visit? I'm guessing we're still on the outside looking in but it'd be nice to grab a big WR to round out the class.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #27
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Any news about his visit? I'm guessing we're still on the outside looking in but it'd be nice to grab a big WR to round out the class.
he brought some family members but didn't stay till the end......
Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #28
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tate had the Gamecocks in his top ten but he said hes no longer considering them. I wasnt really comfortable while I was there, he said. I didnt get that positive feeling.
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ntent=FaceBook
Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #29
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

That's cool, sounds like a lot of other guys had a blast though
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

My strong guess is you have to read between the lines here. USC offered early but appears to have never firmed up the offer. Might have been provisional offer based on a in-person workout & evaluation. Don't know the facts. In any event USC never appeared to push for a commitment & one site reported he was NOT a take for USC. That was weeks before these latest commitments when the numbers were far more flexible than they are now.

USC apparently has guys they need & want a lot more than Tate. No sour grapes either as we've clearly lost guys we wanted badly, Rivers, Spain, etc. in the past. I'm just fairly confident this was not one of those cases.

Good luck to the guy, I just don't think it's likely you come from Tampa on your own dime & leave early if you have a committable offer. Something upset the apple cart. Most guys, even if they have little interest in the school, are at least grateful for the offer. His comments sounded more bitter than thankful.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #31
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Well they wanted a big receiver but wanted a guy that could move. It sounds like Tate is a little too stiff for their likening. Probably a product of the smaller receivers doing so well.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #32
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Exactly C2. He is too stiff and slow.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Hard to blame the kid, really. He came out, gave it a look, and it just wasn't the right atmosphere for him. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to Florida State.

Closed Thread