CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
ReadR00ster
uscnoklahoma
QCB
Storm Of Spurs
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
ND vs FSU Ending (742)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Auburn/USC point spread
How do you want Auburn to
Nick Saban on frustration
Williams and Mitch
Cann tipping plays?
If the Head Ball Coach re
well I'll be damned...Tex
SDS grades the Furman gam

Old 06-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #61
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs
Default Re: Our Linebackers and Defense this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
What I posted wasn't from my mouth. It was from an analyst on ESPN, so take it up with him. I tend to believe experts when they say something.

My point was that the spread offenses today are dictating what personnel d-coordinators put on the field. You only want to cover a shifty slot receiver with a slow linebacker at most on 1st and maybe 2nd down.

There are way more nickel and dime coverage today than anything else.
Oh yeah, when they get different looks from the offense they substitute, but they still use packages that keep them with more LB than DL allowing for variety in their blitzes. Until you get into Dime packages. No offense meant, everything comes off as snarky in text.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #62
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

I'd put up some links, but apparently I bore people.

I do want to add, that there is research ongoing right now that seems to indicate that some people are more prone to get concussions in the first place.

Not only are you more likely to get a concussion after the first one, but some people are genetically predisposed to be vulnerable to getting them.

And you would think that if you do have this trait, then it is possible that it also interacts with the "more likely to experience another concussion after the first" in a very bad way.

If anyone is interested you can do a google and find some articles. This kind of thing is apparently even harder to study than regular concussions.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #63
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelli View Post
I think we should post all these negative posts in the players' locker room and for all the players you all degrade, judge, label, etc. that it provides motivation to them.
Forum rules...if people are breaking them...report them.
http://www.cockytalk.com/announcement.php?f=27
Quote:
Relax people.
From what?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #64
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter is learning to peckCockFighter is learning to peck

Quote:
I think we should post all these negative posts in the players' locker room and for all the players you all degrade, judge, label, etc. that it provides motivation to them. All of these boys are true athletes and blessed to be in the position they are in, otherwise they wouldn't be at USC. Whether you think they are undersized, unathletic, injury prone, SEC potential or whatever, remember this- YOU do not have the final say. My mom always told me that you can't please everyone and its so obvious that people will judge you when you dont live up to "their" expectations. Not all of them will make it to the NFL- so what, not all of them will play like Clowney or other great players- so what. The least you can do is provide them encouragement. You think they like hearing they need to gain weight, try to avoid getting hurt, etc each and every day? Believe me, they are trying to do all of that but understand its a GAME, its not the end of the world. I appreciate their hard work and dedication to this University each and every day. And if either of them chose not to or couldn't play football tomorrow, that's ok with me too. Relax people.
I agree generally with the statement you are making but I don't necessarily think it is relevant. Fans should be able to voice their opinions in sports. The young men are advised not to pay attention to websites or any media because their coaches provide their only informed criticism. It appears your feelings were hurt and I am sure no one intentionally wanted to hurt your feelings but some of your statements are not true. Sports at a high level are competitive and fans will always express their view points.

It is dangerous for us to assume all our players are trying to do all of that" or need "encouragement" or "all of these boys are true athletes". Those are false statements. Every football team consist of unique players with personalities that respond to various techniques. This is why the best coaches get to understand each individual athlete and what it takes to get the most out a player. We must not make general mother like statements because football is still a competitive sports and everyone can't get a happy face.

Last edited by CockFighter; 06-04-2014 at 03:54 PM.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote