CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
A. Pilgrim
Regalcock
thekob
NineInchSpurs
jrussjr
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
B-G
CCC
Davis dinged up agai (2453)
ECU fan here (1791)
Freaky Coincidence o (1542)
New Photos by Travis (1322)
Defensive stand-arou (1187)
For the love of God! (1086)
Quarles is a Colt! (941)
Hatin' Ass Spurrier (652)
Wake Forest recruiti (576)
Winston (571)
Making the Trip to Kentuc
2014-15 Premier League se
New Photos by Travis Bell
Brad Guzan
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Winston
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
SOS: No QB controversy

Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #21
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Vic "The Bandit" Hampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.

Still I ain't seen mine. No, I ain't seen mine. I've been giving just ain't been getting.

granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #22
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.
I don't disagree with this, but it's painted with broad strokes. You don't always get what you put in, and we don't always get what we deserve. How about lets all hope for the best for our fellow man. And make sure we don't live in glass houses.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #23
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws

Still I ain't seen mine. No, I ain't seen mine. I've been giving just ain't been getting.

I've been walking that there line. So, I think I'll keep a walking with my head held high!
granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #24
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I don't disagree with this, but it's painted with broad strokes. You don't always get what you put in, and we don't always get what we deserve. How about lets all hope for the best for our fellow man. And make sure we don't live in glass houses.
Take too many pills, to help ease the pain. Made a couple dollar bills, still I fell the same.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #25
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeEM View Post
He should have been kicked off the team. Pretty sure he had multiple suspensions.

Then Spurrier gives the kid a second chance, and he plays football, but abandons the classroom effectively killing any chance at coming back for a senior year.

Then he gets arressted for fighting with his sister a few weeks before the draft.

THEN he is involved in an altercattion in a NY club just days before the draft.

I'm not so sure he deserves anything.

Seems like he has been given chance after chance after chance.
Ding, ding, ding!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #26
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

The dude is a doofus, but I really hope it works out for him. Though let me reiterate that he is a doofus.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #27
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Wrong.

Wrong again. If he quit going to class he would have been suspended and would not have practiced much less played.

This actually happened AFTER the next incident you mention below and really was nothing more than a minor altercation that was blown out of proportion by overly reactive cops.

Again, happened before the previous incident and he was not INVOLVED in anything...he witnessed something.

Because you're obviously an idiot troll.

And wrong one final time...are you going for a board record or something?
Wow, this dude joined to squash this idiot.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #28
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Ding, ding, ding!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #29
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
players who dont go to class dont play. They dont even practice. so your information is either wrong or he just went to class and did nothing.
Vic was in my Sport Psych class a couple of semesters ago and I can attest to him being at that class (and even participating regularly) practically every single class. He actually seemed like a bright guy who was interested in learning.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #30
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Victor had tons of issues before he got to USC but he did a decent job of keeping his nose clean while here. He had an issue with his sister and the non-issue in NY. I genuinely feel bad for the kid. You have people in your ear telling you that you're going to be drafted at this spot in this round and there is no guarantee. I knew halfway through the season that he was going to declare this year. It really made sense. He was almost in the same category as Bruce and Ace in that he wasn't going to get any taller or much faster in another year.
It's unfortunate that he had the two incidences leading up to the draft. From a football standpoint I think he made the right decision. It just didn't work out.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #31
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

What's with all the bashing of Vic? How about support the guy and wish him luck.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #32
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

I do support him and wish him luck. However, he has to sleep in the bed he's made. And if he doesn't make the NFL, that's all on him and his actions.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #33
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

How about talking about the good things he has done around here the last 2 years? He was given bad info and this other stuff piled up on him at the worst time.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
Victor had tons of issues before he got to USC but he did a decent job of keeping his nose clean while here. He had an issue with his sister and the non-issue in NY. I genuinely feel bad for the kid. You have people in your ear telling you that you're going to be drafted at this spot in this round and there is no guarantee. I knew halfway through the season that he was going to declare this year. It really made sense. He was almost in the same category as Bruce and Ace in that he wasn't going to get any taller or much faster in another year.
It's unfortunate that he had the two incidences leading up to the draft. From a football standpoint I think he made the right decision. It just didn't work out.
This was my whole "problem" with him leaving early this year.

1). Yes, he had reached his max as a football player.

2). The "issues" that could keep him from getting drafted were not related to football. He could have improved that status with another year of keeping his nose clean.

Good luck Vic.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #35
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

I wish him the best. I hope he makes the Giants squad. I am sure he was heartbroken not being drafted. Some in his situation might have gone off the deep end...but not Vic...he is a fighter. He knows, more than anyone, that he has made some mistakes. Vic, if you are watching, my prayer for you is that He be the Lord of your life. He has given you a talent that so few have so take advantage of it and give Him the glory.
bobbycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #36
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeEM View Post
He should have been kicked off the team. Pretty sure he had multiple suspensions.

Then Spurrier gives the kid a second chance, and he plays football, but abandons the classroom effectively killing any chance at coming back for a senior year.

Then he gets arressted for fighting with his sister a few weeks before the draft.

THEN he is involved in an altercattion in a NY club just days before the draft.

I'm not so sure he deserves anything.

Seems like he has been given chance after chance after chance.
Clearly you are talking about Stephen Garcia. Vic got suspended his freshman year for several games but otherwise has had a smooth career. No criminal issues at all, just normal late to class/meeting/function kinda things and only once or twice, max. Vic did a fine job in changing his behavior and poor decision making to meet the standards set by the HBC.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #37
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wrong.
Wrong again. If he quit going to class he would have been suspended and would not have practiced much less played.
This actually happened AFTER the next incident you mention below and really was nothing more than a minor altercation that was blown out of proportion by overly reactive cops.
Again, happened before the previous incident and he was not INVOLVED in anything...he witnessed something.
Because you're obviously an idiot troll.
And wrong one final time...are you going for a board record or something?
My boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
Ind if he doesn't make the NFL, that's all on him and his actions.JD
Disagree...if he don't make it, it's because he just isn't good enough. His combine & game film hurt him way more than a few off field issues.

I like Vic and hope he somehow can make it in the NFL. I also think USC did a good job of trying to help him in spite of some of his past issues.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #38
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Need more posters like him, maybe the idiots will leave or change, if they keep getting owned for posting idiotic post.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #39
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
My boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Need more posters like him, maybe the idiots will leave or change, if they keep getting owned for posting idiotic post.
Thanks guys.

I just feel it necessary to call folks out for their BS whenever possible. IMO, trolls should in no way get off easy with no one calling them out after posting unfounded BS.

StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #40
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
What's with all the bashing of Vic? How about support the guy and wish him luck.
Clemson fans in disguise ... most of them. They suck so bad.

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I just feel it necessary to call folks out for their BS whenever possible. IMO, trolls should in no way get off easy with no one calling them out after posting unfounded BS.

But, but, but, that makes you a sunshine pumper and not a realist. You shouldn't be allowed to express such an opinion about the "realists". Only the "realists" are allowed to opine.

PS: I really like to just block their posts from view. If I scroll up this page, half the comments are blocked. I suspect almost all are the Vic bashing idiots.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote