CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
Master Bedroom
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
Tennessee - South Carolin
We're going to the NCAA T
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Chances we win out now?
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
This season and recruitin
Halo: Master Chief Collec
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Little know stat (Week 10

Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #81
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cross-Fit's new...draw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I don't hate Crossfit at all. I'm happy for people who find something they love.

Do I get annoyed with the constant social media posts? Yes. But I also get annoyed with constant baby posts from new moms. That's just me. People probably get annoyed with stuff I post.
this for sure ... the only thing i would say is it seems to be extremely controversial ... and the cross fit crowd seems very sensitive to people who may disagree with them .. i have just seen many fb post in the last few days supporting and defending cross fit... ill be honest i donít know enough about it either way .. i hate when people brag or rub it in other faces about their workout and such... to me its a personal thing ... also i would say make sure the people teaching any type of exercise regimen are certified/or credentialed by the appropriate groups .. people can go online and get a certificate and call themseleves a "personal trainer"
Old 05-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #82
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

CockyCash: 200
stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
this for sure ... the only thing i would say is it seems to be extremely controversial ... and the cross fit crowd seems very sensitive to people who may disagree with them .. i have just seen many fb post in the last few days supporting and defending cross fit... ill be honest i donít know enough about it either way .. i hate when people brag or rub it in other faces about their workout and such... to me its a personal thing ... also i would say make sure the people teaching any type of exercise regimen are certified/or credentialed by the appropriate groups .. people can go online and get a certificate and call themseleves a "personal trainer"
your phrase "and the cross fit crowd seems very sensitive to people who may disagree with them" is a little soft. it is not disagreement i think they have a problem with as much as the dipshit way that disagreement is put into words. i do agree, it should be personal. yes there are d-bags on both sides, and they need to be ridiculed for sport if nothing else, if only to show them how not to have a conversation about personal fitness as well as an opinion on anything in life.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #83
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
All I know is "the murph" (In memory of LT Michael Murphy SEAL) is a butt kicker... for time:
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
One hell of a workout. My best time: 45 min 26 sec
Old 06-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #84
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky_Maniac View Post
One hell of a workout. My best time: 45 min 26 sec
Damn...that's impressive.

Did you perform it Rx (meaning, w/ a 20lb vest or body armor?)

Even if you didn't, that's a good performance for a civilian, IMO.
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #85
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Damn...that's impressive.

Did you perform it Rx (meaning, w/ a 20lb vest or body armor?)

Even if you didn't, that's a good performance for a civilian, IMO.
No vest. The hardest part for me was the squats. Straight jello legs.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #86
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
interesting- I've always found that the pull-ups are the toughest part.

once you hit that pull-up wall...you're f'ed.

I've only done it Rx w/ vest twice. Memorial Day this year was one of the toughest experiences of my life, with the humidity we had in SC.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #87
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Ok, I feel a tad bit special I didn't read the workout I just saw murph and jumped to it. We changed it up a little bit. ours was:
1 mile run
100 push ups
200 situps
300 squats
1 mile run

After I saw you say pull ups I got confused.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #88
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Ok, I feel a tad bit special I didn't read the workout I just saw murph and jumped to it. We changed it up a little bit. ours was:

1 mile run

100 push ups

200 situps

300 squats

1 mile run

After I saw you say pull ups I got confused.

No shame in that workout! Sounds like a real butt kicking in its own right!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #89
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Key is to get as many squats out of the way as possible after the first mile to keep fresh (sorta) legs for the final mile. I've done 38 and some change with no vest - gotta do the vest soon.

On another note, I did Push-Ups for Charity with a local PD's CF gym this past saturday - max push-ups in 90 seconds and the sum of all the push-ups done by everybody there equaled $1 toward charity....over 10K raised - pretty awesome.

Then, Sunday I judged for The Agoge Challenge. It's a CrossFit comp for "adaptive athletes" with prosthetics, wheelchair bound, etc. It was awesome - such great attitudes. I was judging deadlifts and one of the guys missing an arm walks up for his turn (we were supposed to ask them individually how they'd like to modify the movement). I asked and he said, I'll just do them regularly - not like its going to rip off my arm! Then he laughed and did one-arm deadlifts like a bawse. It was like that all day.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #90
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Key is to get as many squats out of the way as possible after the first mile to keep fresh (sorta) legs for the final mile. I've done 38 and some change with no vest - gotta do the vest soon.

On another note, I did Push-Ups for Charity with a local PD's CF gym this past saturday - max push-ups in 90 seconds and the sum of all the push-ups done by everybody there equaled $1 toward charity....over 10K raised - pretty awesome.

Then, Sunday I judged for The Agoge Challenge. It's a CrossFit comp for "adaptive athletes" with prosthetics, wheelchair bound, etc. It was awesome - such great attitudes. I was judging deadlifts and one of the guys missing an arm walks up for his turn (we were supposed to ask them individually how they'd like to modify the movement). I asked and he said, I'll just do them regularly - not like its going to rip off my arm! Then he laughed and did one-arm deadlifts like a bawse. It was like that all day.

Holy cow on the push ups. How many people did it? And the Agoge Challenge sounds like a awesome thing to be apart of. I need to look into something like that.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #91
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Holy cow on the push ups. How many people did it? And the Agoge Challenge sounds like a awesome thing to be apart of. I need to look into something like that.
Sometimes its tough to discern whose opinion to trust and who is just talking out of their ass on the interwebz

FYI- Gaichon is definitely the former. Dude knows fitness.
He and his wife have put me through the ringer quite a number of times.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #92
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Sometimes its tough to discern whose opinion to trust and who is just talking out of their ass on the interwebz

FYI- Gaichon is definitely the former. Dude knows fitness.
He and his wife have put me through the ringer quite a number of times.
I wasn't doubting anything he said. Unless, you were thinking about me talking out of my ass. I would seriously enjoy doing something like that. I don't believe, however, that I have the accolades to put it together.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #93
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I wasn't doubting anything he said. Unless, you were thinking about me talking out of my ass. I would seriously enjoy doing something like that. I don't believe, however, that I have the accolades to put it together.

No to either from your first 2 sentences, I was merely trying to emphasize Gaichon's expertise, is all.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #94
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Quote:
No to either from your first 2 sentences, I was merely trying to emphasize Gaichon's expertise, is all.
No harm no foul stupid interwebz. Is that agoge challenge just in texas?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #95
Tater Tom
Blue Chip

Male

Tater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
I'm with this guy...and the other guy who he quoted. Go do your Crossfit and be happy, and shut up about it. Every single Xfitter I know never shuts up about it. You don't wanna here me talking about going to the gym or taking my dog for a run and I don't wanna hear about your burpees and ball slams.

Oh, and stop calling it a "box." It's a damn gym.
Tater Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #96
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
I'm with this guy...and the other guy who he quoted. Go do your Crossfit and be happy, and shut up about it. Every single Xfitter I know never shuts up about it. You don't wanna here me talking about going to the gym or taking my dog for a run and I don't wanna hear about your burpees and ball slams.

Oh, and stop calling it a "box." It's a damn gym.

someone has a case of vaginitis
Old 06-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #97
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
someone has a case of vaginitis
I think its pronounced boxitis.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote