CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Absfract
Storm Of Spurs
MWard
SwampFox
TKE226
COCKYWOOD
easymoney
Wilds & Carson B (2215)
Marquavius Lewis (1966)
So, why is next year (1819)
How Long Will The Re (1219)
Restaurant musts in (906)
Why do so many of yo (729)
Shot in the arm for (635)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (611)
Custom Jersey (254)
5 Gourmet Foods That (167)
Previewing Clemson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Vent and Coaching cha
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Dante S
Wilds & Carson Back f
Bo Pelini headed to Young
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
The U ends apparel deal w

Old 06-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #81
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

no, Timmy Chandler is awful.

our defense is terrible. Germany AND portugal will pound that dline.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #82
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Bradley served some great balls today.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #83
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Altidore FURTHER proves, we need Johansson up top.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #84
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Bradley served some great balls today.
He loves doing that.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #85
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Let's get some predictions going for the final and winner.

I'll say Germany over Brazil.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #86
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Looking like Ronaldo might not be 100% for our game against the Ronaldo and company Portugal game. That is fine with me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #87
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

The ONLY way Gemany and Brazil would face off in the Final IS if EITHER of them finish 2nd in their group. I have the USA escaping in 2nd out of our group, beating Belgium then USA losing to Argentina.

I don't see that happening.

I'm saying Germany over Argentina
Old 06-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #88
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Looking like Ronaldo might not be 100% for our game against the Ronaldo and company Portugal game. That is fine with me!!

Hell yeah, could be shaping up for a repeat of 2002. That was one of my favorite US games of all time. 3 first half goals and then we hang on to win 3-2. I almost had a heart attack by the end of that game.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #89
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Sounds like Ronaldo's left leg has both a Hamstring injury (if I remember this has been nagging this past season) AND patellar tendonitis.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...s-2354203.html

Hopefully if this princess goes down in a heap his acting isn't what causes him to writhe in pain. Best player in the world or not, I hope ALL divers tear every ligament in their knees. They deserve it for diluting the game.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #90
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

More good news for Team USA...even if it is slightly weird

http://http://www.nydailynews.com/bl...ntry-1.1817124

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #91
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Brazil over Spain

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #92
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I can't wait [for the World Cup, not to see the USA's asses get kicked].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Altidore FURTHER proves, we need Johansson up top.
Altidore can do a lot right.... but damn is his confidence shot right now. Not a good time at all for that.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #93
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
no, Timmy Chandler is awful.

our defense is terrible. Germany AND portugal will pound that dline.
Chandler is not that bad, but I do not know what the hell he was thinking when he tried to play that ball against Turkey instead of just back passing it to Guzan. He's the reason we didn't shut Turkey out. Though better to get your mistakes out in these friendlies than in the WC games that matter.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #94
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CHandler is not personally invested in success, he doesn't give 100% at all.

Fabian Johnson is FAR better BUT we need him at left mid when he's on the field. I dont trust Beasley.

Our Defensive back WILL perform well in one game but the next will be terrible.

also:

Old 06-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #95
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Nice piece on Julian Green on Yahoo front page.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #96
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/julia...cup-slideshow/

I haven't seen enough of Green on the Intnl stage to make a decision BUT, what I have seen is he's a child among men. He simply is not ready IF we're playing to win for now.
I'm not mad about the Donovan thing, I woul dhave left him off as well. He bailed on the team during critical stages of qualifying. That doesn't sit well with me at all.

So, what would YOU consider a successful World Cup 14?

In all honesty, and maybe I'm selling them short, I would consider it a success to escape the group stage. This is one hell of a draw. Germany, ball d'or '13 and the most talented team in Africa.

If we finish 2nd in our group, color me PLEASED.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if we a dismissed with less than 4 points. I watch too many matches to think we are likely to win it all, capable? Maybe. Probable? No.

I want to see Johansson and Alitdore get into a rhythm. I want to see Beckerman and Bradley dominate the midfield again...and for the love of God...let a defender step up into a leadership role, I miss Gooch Boca!!!

Also, as a shout out...One of my favorite U.S. player of all time:

Frankie Hejduk, no he wasn't the most talented or the fastest or even a really good player. But he played with reckless abandon 110% every single second he was on the pitch. Imagine if Dempsey and Altidore played this way. We're starting to see Bradley play this way.

Give me one guy who lays every ounce of his being on the pitch over a talented whiner anyday!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #97
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/julia...cup-slideshow/

I haven't seen enough of Green on the Intnl stage to make a decision BUT, what I have seen is he's a child among men. He simply is not ready IF we're playing to win for now.
I'm not mad about the Donovan thing, I woul dhave left him off as well. He bailed on the team during critical stages of qualifying. That doesn't sit well with me at all.

So, what would YOU consider a successful World Cup 14?

In all honesty, and maybe I'm selling them short, I would consider it a success to escape the group stage. This is one hell of a draw. Germany, ball d'or '13 and the most talented team in Africa.

If we finish 2nd in our group, color me PLEASED.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if we a dismissed with less than 4 points. I watch too many matches to think we are likely to win it all, capable? Maybe. Probable? No.

I want to see Johansson and Alitdore get into a rhythm. I want to see Beckerman and Bradley dominate the midfield again...and for the love of God...let a defender step up into a leadership role, I miss Gooch Boca!!!

Also, as a shout out...One of my favorite U.S. player of all time:

Frankie Hejduk, no he wasn't the most talented or the fastest or even a really good player. But he played with reckless abandon 110% every single second he was on the pitch. Imagine if Dempsey and Altidore played this way. We're starting to see Bradley play this way.

Give me one guy who lays every ounce of his being on the pitch over a talented whiner anyday!

If we beat Ghana out of the gate I think we could have a case to come out second in our group. With Ronaldo not being 100% I fancy us even more in that match to pull out a win. They have big defensive problems like us if that joker pepe is out as well. On to our defense I miss Boca, but gooch was crap IMO and not just because he went to Clemsux. I agree with your point on Frankie he gave everything he had every game for his country and I loved him for that. I feel as though JJ does that now for us but he has more of a temperament problem. I would personally rather see beckerman and Bradley in the midfield. My preferred lineup come match day would be

Howard
Fabian. Cameron. Besler. Beasley

Beckerman
Zusi. Davis
Bradley

Captain America. Wondo

Not really set on left mid though but I agree Green is just to small and fragile for the world stage at the moment I think.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #98
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Ehh, idk...Gooch wasn't that bad pre-injury. He was a BIG strong body who struggled at first and had really come along, the only thing he really lacked was pace. he won the middle almost everytime....but when he was injured, he was finished. I trusted him more than I do Beasley.

Howard
Gonzo. Besler. Cameron. Beasley

Beckerman
Jones (60th sub - Mix) Zusi (extra sub--Fabian)
Bradley

Dempsey Johansson (70th sub Jozy)

I'd rather have Gonzo and Besler shift over a little than waste Fabian there. Fabian like to push forward too much and that could REALLY leave us in dire straights, so at best he's a sub for me in the midfield.

Also, if Yedlin AND Green are going to Brazil, I don't see how Brek Shea isn't going. He's has FAR more upside than Brad Evans, imho, plus as I stated earlier, his size could be crucial late in the game vs a less than 100% Lahm.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #99
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Aron and Dempsey are the same type of player for me so idk how both of them would do up top together. I just wish jozy didn't peak last summer instead of this summer starting now.......sigh

Old 06-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #100
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

I think Aron and Dempsey would play very well off of each other. Something changed in Dempsey when he was named Captain. He doesnt take on 2-3 defenders at once, he'll pass the ball now....freaking finally!

I think that one-two punch would help. I'm not convinced Wondo is a starter yet, sub sure bc of his high energy vs tired defenders.