CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ConwayGamecock
jrussjr
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
CaptainCock91
MisterClowney
Cockypantherfan
CockyandProud
Captain9Dragons
Musburger/Palmer to (1338)
Shaq R. (1193)
Dustin Johnson takin (1144)
I'm in the Atlanta a (785)
Kewl video (753)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (679)
Film Room: Can Victo (437)
weather in columbia (403)
Overrated and Underr (316)
1st practice tonight (312)
Donell Stanley injured?
Backup QB competition
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Kewl video
1st practice tonight
Re-Airing South Carolina
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
We don't have a practice
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 06-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb
Default Just met Frank Martin at my local convenience store.

I just met Frank Martin at the Shell station on St. Andrews Rd. I was star struck. I told him I was an Alumni and thought he would turn the Basketball program around. I told him I was proud to have him as a coach. I also asked what it like to work for Ray Tanner. He said "He is the man!"

He was in line behind me buying some Gatorade for maybe his Grandson. Does he have any grandchildren?
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: Just met Frank Martin at my local convenience store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojaba71 View Post
I just met Frank Martin at the Shell station on St. Andrews Rd. I was star struck. I told him I was an Alumni and thought he would turn the Basketball program around. I told him I was proud to have him as a coach. I also asked what it like to work for Ray Tanner. He said "He is the man!"

He was in line behind me buying some Gatorade for maybe his Grandson. Does he have any grandchildren?
I doubt it, I think his kids are pretty young... middle school, maybe.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
I doubt it, I think his kids are pretty young... middle school, maybe.
I know he is 48 and had 3 children. Did not know how old they were. I am 50 and have a 13 yo. I guess he got a late start like me.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am 50 and have a 13 yo. I guess he got a late start like me.
Pssst. I'm 45 have have a 3 y/o.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
surprise! lol

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
You got your cut out for you old man! LOL
Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

According to this article from January 2013, he has 3 kids- aged 5,7 & 13 at the time.

http://columbiametro.com/Columbia-Me...-Frank-Martin/
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

I like how this thread went off topic on the 2nd post

Pretty cool you got to meet him and good thing he didn't start screaming at you for not having exact change or something like that
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post

Pretty cool you got to meet him and good thing he didn't start screaming at you for not having exact change or something like that
I'd prolly forget my pin number if he was behind me in line and started giving one of his death stares.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post

He is a big dude. It was nice to meet him though. Seemed like a nice but serious guy.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFanForLife View Post
According to this article from January 2013, he has 3 kids- aged 5,7 & 13 at the time.

http://columbiametro.com/Columbia-Me...-Frank-Martin/
Must have been his youngest son.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

That's pretty cool, OP. Glad you were able to experience that and say some kind words to the guy after such a tough season
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I'd prolly forget my pin number if he was behind me in line and started giving one of his death stares.

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He is a big dude. It was nice to meet him though. Seemed like a nice but serious guy.
I was behind coach Martin in line at the state fair in October last year, and yes, he's a tall fellow! I'm 6'1" and was looking up at him. He was buying tix for his family so I didn't speak to him or anything though I did text my buddy as a giddy 12 year old school girl would! Lol
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

I'm 35 and drink gatorade.

Why is it assumed the gatorade was for his grandson?
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

You shouldn't drink Gatorade
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #17
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Not only is it bad for you
Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

But it was developed for Florida Gators who reap all the benefits
Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Pretty sure our boys drink Gatorade on the sideline.

Also, lime Gatorade (as if there is any other flavor) is delicious. I've been known to mix with red bull and vodka.....delish.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
I'm 35 and drink gatorade.

Why is it assumed the gatorade was for his grandson?
I have come to learn it was his youngest son. The reason I know it was for him is he was standing there with the Gatorade and looked like some Sour Straws. My son loves those.