CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
smoovecock
usc1
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (841)
Spurrier vs Saban (770)
Kansas to invest $75 (745)
When does fall pract (721)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (265)
An Air Algerie Fligh (264)
Anyone Switching to (253)
Expect A Healthy Dos (229)
Darth Vader 'Vette (182)
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off
Coach's media golf press
Gamecock Showcase Attende
college football match up

Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #21
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jody Fuller to transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I have a favor to ask: please stop posting this on every transfer thread. I normally enjoy reading your stuff but every transfer thread you put this exact phrase and to me, it comes off as patronizing. I think we all understand the numbers work out in the end because they have to.

And to be fair, its not JUST you, but you have done it over and over again. And of course its your right to post what you want and you can tell me to go pound sand, I am just saying that when I see this so many times it comes across as being something other than what you intend.

I hope no hard feelings.
Eh. It's just met humor/sarcasm/meme at this point. There's nothing more or less to it that that. It's simply the new "mark richt has lost control". There's not real meaning in it. It's the "Ralph Wiggum response", the response of someone who really doesn't have anything to add to the discussion, but still wants to be part of the discussion.

But if it bothers you that much, I'll knock it off....

Oh, and pound sand...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #22
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Eh. It's just met humor/sarcasm/meme at this point. There's nothing more or less to it that that. It's simply the new "mark richt has lost control". There's not real meaning in it. It's the "Ralph Wiggum response", the response of someone who really doesn't have anything to add to the discussion, but still wants to be part of the discussion.

But if it bothers you that much, I'll knock it off....

Oh, and pound sand...
Well I think I'm being a little emo about it to be honest with you. I think seeing it so much in the recruiting threads just made me dislike the phrase. I see what you were doing now.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Best of luck to him.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #24
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I had high hopes for him, but it doesn't always work out. At least it's at a position where we have loads of talent.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #25
ICEHOCEY77
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Well I think I'm being a little emo about it to be honest with you. I think seeing it so much in the recruiting threads just made me dislike the phrase. I see what you were doing now.
Hey trapper you got change for a nickel?
ICEHOCEY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #26
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Best of luck.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #27
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I'm surprised no one has typed, "Win anyway." Other than Mark Richt posts, the "win anyway" posts do nothing but deteriorate brain cells.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #28
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
I'm surprised no one has typed, "Win anyway." Other than Mark Richt posts, the "win anyway" posts do nothing but deteriorate brain cells.
Similar to the "really hope we get this guy" or "we need this guy" posts that account for about 1/2 of all posts in the recruiting threads.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #29
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I wish Jody the best and all that jazz. Hope he does well where ever he lands up (unless it's at Clemson).

But let's stop and think for a second. Our program is the the point where we have former 3* players transferring out because of lack of playing time. Just let that one sink in...
He was a 4*, but I think that's what you meant
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #30
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Did people have high hopes for him because he was a 4* recruit?

In which case, the star gazers are probably more than disappointed.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #31
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Isn't Kwinton Smith also transferring? If so, I thought most people believed he and Fuller had enough natural talent to become solid contributors at least. In fact, I remember most people who weighed in on that receiver class saying Fuller was the most polished and could very likely be the one to make the biggest splash early on. So, what happened?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #32
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Couldn't catch the football.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #33
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Did he seem to have that problem before he got into college? If so, then shouldn't it have been a red flag? If not, then what could have caused it to become a problem?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #34
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
Hey trapper you got change for a nickel?
I do, ya gaper.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #35
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I thought most people believed he and Fuller had enough natural talent to become solid contributors at least. In fact, I remember most people who weighed in on that receiver class saying Fuller was the most polished and could very likely be the one to make the biggest splash early on. So, what happened?
Goes to show that people really don't know with recruiting till they get on campus.

Lots of projects out there.....even those lofty 4* guys.

I could say that Googer will be a bust, just like Fuller and get bashed for it right now. But we won't really know till they play real SEC ball.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #36
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpyloser View Post
... but the coaches should have never ever let QD out of state
QD didn't want to be here. The rest is history...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #37
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Did people have high hopes for him because he was a 4* recruit?

In which case, the star gazers are probably more than disappointed.
I have heard a few people on numerous occasions say Fuller had the perfect body for slot receiver, it just never translated to production. I guess that is why some had high hopes, when someone has all the tools (which you can't get via practice, some are just genetic) you hope it clicks somewhere on the field.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #38
boness
Recruit

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

IN responce to " couldn't catch the football"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Did he seem to have that problem before he got into college? If so, then shouldn't it have been a red flag? If not, then what could have caused it to become a problem?
Seems a reasonable ? Either he couldn't catch in HS and given his being a reciever seems "couldn't catch" should raise some, all the red flags! or he could catch in HS and somehow we taught him how not to catch anymore, thats not a good thing :). Which is it??

Would like to hear perspective from those better in the know than I.

does it not disturb anyone how may of these transfers were here two yrs or less before either we gave up on them and or they on us. How does B King, an OL completing his RS, leave after the first yr???
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
IN responce to " couldn't catch the football"

Seems a reasonable ? Either he couldn't catch in HS and given his being a reciever seems "couldn't catch" should raise some, all the red flags! or he could catch in HS and somehow we taught him how not to catch anymore, thats not a good thing :). Which is it??

Would like to hear perspective from those better in the know than I.

does it not disturb anyone how may of these transfers were here two yrs or less before either we gave up on them and or they on us. How does B King, an OL completing his RS, leave after the first yr???
Given the recent history of our wr drafts, I wouldn't blame coaching.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #40
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Wish him the best.
Sorry it couldn't work out.
I guess the coaches feel real good about Samuel, Davidson and Googer, and I'm sure the emergence of Pharoh had something to do with Jody's decison.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote