CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (856)
Call of Duty: Advanc (533)
Good Riddance to bad (468)
Keeping tailgate foo (321)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (292)
Bashing Players, coa (225)
The Comeback & T (217)
An A to Z of Noah We (212)
Wallpaper & Back (106)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (99)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 06-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material
Default Re: Just met Frank Martin at my local convenience store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Pretty sure our boys drink Gatorade on the sideline.
I know.

They shouldn't.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #22
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I was behind coach Martin in line at the state fair in October last year, and yes, he's a tall fellow! I'm 6'1" and was looking up at him. He was buying tix for his family so I didn't speak to him or anything though I did text my buddy as a giddy 12 year old school girl would! Lol
I agree! I was totally awestruck that I would meet him at the convenience store less than a mile from house. Just a normal guy like me although much taller and richer. LOL
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
I know.

They shouldn't.
I like Powerade better. Plus it is normally cheaper.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #24
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Did you tell Frank Martin who Cockytalk thinks he should recruit? Otherwise, you failed.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #25
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I know.

They shouldn't.
Gatorade is fine for you if you are an athlete and have or will be sweating a lot. It does actually prevent cramping very well. I find the powder mix is nice, because you can dilute it a little. It isn't great for your teeth ever, but that's why you swig some water afterwards or brush. I wish they made a dye free version too.

If you are a fat turd on your way to a desk job, then you shouldn't be sipping gatorade probably, as it's too sugary.

End rant.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Did you tell Frank Martin who Cockytalk thinks he should recruit? Otherwise, you failed.
It was not the time or the place. He was living his life with his Son. I see no failure in what I did. If you would have given advice in that situation that would have been rude. I just introduced myself to him and thanked him for what he had to say about Ray Tanner. Told him I thought he was going to turn the program around. Which I believe he will. I wasn't trying to start any controversy.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #27
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You shouldn't drink Gatorade
Thank you
Quote:
Not only is it bad for you
for your
Quote:
But it was developed for Florida Gators who reap all the benefits
input.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #28
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojaba71 View Post
It was not the time or the place. He was living his life with his Son. I see no failure in what I did. If you would have given advice in that situation that would have been rude. I just introduced myself to him and thanked him for what he had to say about Ray Tanner. Told him I thought he was going to turn the program around. Which I believe he will. I wasn't trying to start any controversy.
He was just kidding, broseph...

...and I read somewhere that the dye used in sports drinks is actually illegal in some other countries because it's bad for you.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #29
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just met Frank Martin at the Shell station on St. Andrews Rd. I was star struck. I told him I was an Alumni and thought he would turn the Basketball program around. I told him I was proud to have him as a coach. I also asked what it like to work for Ray Tanner. He said "He is the man!"

He was in line behind me buying some Gatorade for maybe his Grandson. Does he have any grandchildren?
I've heard he is a really down to earth guy, nothing like is sideline persona. (of course who is actually how they act during competition)
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #30
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
He was just kidding, broseph...

...and I read somewhere that the dye used in sports drinks is actually illegal in some other countries because it's bad for you.
Hopefully so. I was just making a statement that I had met him in a unusual place. I was not prepared for that. By the way he has a beautiful Audi. It is like a cross-over.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #31
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

His young two boys are 9 and 7. He said so on 107.5 this morning
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #32
burr
Recruit

Male

burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

Quote:
If it was the time or place, I'd asked him if he was going to attend the NikeJam in North Augusta this year instead of recruiting in Europe (one hour drive, no room, board, tickets, ect in addition to some of the best talent in the nation and attended by some of the best staffs in the country).

Of course, it wasn't the time or place.
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #33
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hopefully so. I was just making a statement that I had met him in a unusual place. I was not prepared for that. By the way he has a beautiful Audi. It is like a cross-over.
Yea, lines at the gas station are unusual.

BTW, what kind of Gatorade was it?

Oh, and what color was his Audi?
Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #34
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
But it was developed for Florida Gators who reap all the benefits
Taking the off chance that you are actually serious, that is correct that it was originally developed in the 1960's at UF hence the name, but it's been bought & sold several times so that at this point not much is gained by the university now save an incidental name association
Old 06-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #35
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
It was sarcasm dude..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #36
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's always the time AND place to tell coaches how Cockytalkers think they should do their jobs.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #37
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Gatorade is fine for you if you are an athlete and have or will be sweating a lot. It does actually prevent cramping very well. I find the powder mix is nice, because you can dilute it a little. It isn't great for your teeth ever, but that's why you swig some water afterwards or brush. I wish they made a dye free version too.

If you are a fat turd on your way to a desk job, then you shouldn't be sipping gatorade probably, as it's too sugary.

End rant.
Guess I'll just stick with Mt. Dew. That can't be bad for me.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #38
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Yea, lines at the gas station are unusual.

BTW, what kind of Gatorade was it?

Oh, and what color was his Audi?
Black.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #39
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Black.
First of all I was not in line to get gas. I was standing in line to buy something inside the store. He was with his son. I apologize for making this thread. I never meant to cause such ridiculous ridicule. This thread went way off my intention. This is the reason I very rarely post.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #40
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
First of all I was not in line to get gas. I was standing in line to buy something inside the store. He was with his son. I apologize for making this thread. I never meant to cause such ridiculous ridicule. This thread went way off my intention. This is the reason I very rarely post.
I think you did ok. At a local grocery store I go to, I've seen most of the current football coaches, and just a couple weeks ago, had AJ Cann and Dylan T behind me in line. I just gave 'em a little nod - don't believe in holding people up, and/or keeping them from their biz in public (I did wish good luck to Eric Wolford one time, and to Garcia (we ended up losing to UGA on the Thursday night following)).

Last edited by GoldenSpur7; 06-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote