CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
b381l
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
400 pasing yards
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #661
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He needs to get Chauncey Rivers on the horn and get his ass back to Columbia.

I was gonna say the same thing. He seems to be pretty high on the Dawgs though and I wonder if Rivers potentially playing the same position as Key scares either one of them from going to the same school.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #662
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to TBS, he tweeted to Roseboro, Lewis, Durant, Caban, Annette, Davis, Clark, Charles, Hines, McGirt, and Bailey.

Hopefully he works on a few others.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #663
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think the Rivers boat has sailed, and I'm good for it. We already have 2 WDE's committed and a 3rd in Sawyer likely. I hope Key can help us with Roundtree and R Smith from GA.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #664
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Quote:
He needs to get Chauncey Rivers on the horn and get his ass back to Columbia.
I noticed that you -- and some others -- noted that we didn't really push for Ferrell because we have Blackshear and Key committed, with Sawyer, Wideman and Lewis all likely 2015 guys as well. Is there a reason you think we'd cool on Ferrel but really want Rivers? Is there some possibility Rivers can play SDE or DT?

Not trying to argue, just genuinely curious why we weren't pushing all that hard for Ferrell but should for Rivers?
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #665
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I think the Rivers boat has sailed, and I'm good for it. We already have 2 WDE's committed and a 3rd in Sawyer likely. I hope Key can help us with Roundtree and R Smith from GA.
DE is a big position of need for 2015. I'll take as many as we can get there.

Maybe he can get us in the game for the other two you mentioned, but we haven't been mentioned among those two in quite some time.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #666
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
I noticed that you -- and some others -- noted that we didn't really push for Ferrell because we have Blackshear and Key committed, with Sawyer, Wideman and Lewis all likely 2015 guys as well. Is there a reason you think we'd cool on Ferrel but really want Rivers? Is there some possibility Rivers can play SDE or DT?

Not trying to argue, just genuinely curious why we weren't pushing all that hard for Ferrell but should for Rivers?

I don't know what the big hoot about Rivers is personally. He was someone we thought we could grab for a while there, similar to Key. We honestly don't need him. Could he come in and potentially beat out one of our DEs? That's possible, but I don't think he could fill a role any better than the players we will field. That's just little old me talkin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #667
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Roquan Smith would be a MONSTER get, however, I think he is UGA bound.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #668
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post

At one point USC had Blackshear, Rivers, and Key all on board. Its more of me being greedy and seeing the connection that Rivers and Key have. I'm not sure if Coach Ward would re-open communication with Rivers but when he switched to UGA the pay site guys mentioned that this one might not be over if he chose to visit Columbia again.

I do think Blackshear/Key/Sawyer/Wideman/Lewis will be the group we settle on unless there is a big timer like Josh Sweat, Darian Roseboro, or Darrell Taylor that want to come. All of those guys are apparently trying to visit.

Its also been reported that USC might re-sign Devante Covington from GMC.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #669
JGCarolina
Scrummer

Male

JGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudly

Quote:
At one point USC had Blackshear, Rivers, and Key all on board. Its more of me being greedy and seeing the connection that Rivers and Key have. I'm not sure if Coach Ward would re-open communication with Rivers but when he switched to UGA the pay site guys mentioned that this one might not be over if he chose to visit Columbia again.

I do think Blackshear/Key/Sawyer/Wideman/Lewis will be the group we settle on unless there is a big timer like Josh Sweat, Darian Roseboro, or Darrell Taylor that want to come. All of those guys are apparently trying to visit.

Talk about DE talent. That list has me worried very little about the future of the D-Line.
JGCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #670
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I don't know what the big hoot about Rivers is personally. He was someone we thought we could grab for a while there, similar to Key. We honestly don't need him. Could he come in and potentially beat out one of our DEs? That's possible, but I don't think he could fill a role any better than the players we will field. That's just little old me talkin

Because he is a very talented player and has a high ceiling and you want to recruit as many talented players as possible. Doesn't matter if we already have a few commits at DE. It's a pass rush and stop the run league in the SEC and you need 10-12 linemen to rotate if you want to compete for championships in this league. You don't just let them slide to an East rival if you have a shot.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #671
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:

Impressive list of players. Hopefully one or two of them visit. Won't get my hopes up though.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #672
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default 2015 Commitment - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Because he is a very talented player and has a high ceiling and you want to recruit as many talented players as possible. Doesn't matter if we already have a few commits at DE. It's a pass rush and stop the run league in the SEC and you need 10-12 linemen to rotate if you want to compete for championships in this league. You don't just let them slide to an East rival if you have a shot.

Trust me, I hear you, and I wanted to see him here just as much as anyone back around February. I agree that he is talented and if we could "keep him from UGA" that would be fantastic. Just don't think it'll happen. Truthfully we are just fine without him and we are pretty deep there. If we need to pull anything away from UGA, it's all these damn 5 star RBs lol

Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #673
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Key is on twitter saying he has "a couple players ready to commit" to us before the season starts. TIFWIW.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #674
Carolina Cocks
Recruit

Male

Carolina Cocks is learning to peckCarolina Cocks is learning to peck

I'd love for him to get roseboro to consider us
Carolina Cocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #675
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Key is on twitter saying he has "a couple players ready to commit" to us before the season starts. TIFWIW.
My guess would be players like Lewis, Jones, Durant and maybe Sawyer.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #676
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Says on Twitter that a commitment is coming soon.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #677
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs

Quote:

Seems strange that when we lack LBs, we haul in a bunch of LBs, and the same is true for DEs. Why is there always an emergency at one position group? Wouldn't it make more sense to recruit at least 2 people from every position group every year??
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #678
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
Seems strange that when we lack LBs, we haul in a bunch of LBs, and the same is true for DEs. Why is there always an emergency at one position group? Wouldn't it make more sense to recruit at least 2 people from every position group every year??
I think some of it might have to do with the scholarship restrictions recently. Haven't been able to take a full class in what, 3 years?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #679
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Oh and Arden is off to a blazing start recruiting wise.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #680
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 46222
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Oh and Arden is off to a blazing start recruiting wise.
I feel that Arden will be Key to our success both on and off the field for the next 5 years or so! Again, thank you , Arden for becoming an intregral part of Gamecock football!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote