CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
henmania
ACPhilson
ReadR00ster
Polls (3803)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3766)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2142)
ST coach fired this (2092)
SEC East Race as of (1707)
Let's talk about Mat (1312)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1104)
Hardest Schedule (1101)
"Next week....& (674)
USC -6 vs. Mizzou
Gameday Sign Ideas
Dylan Thompson's passing
D line pressure
ST coach fired this week
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Upgraded/Premium Seating?
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Winston
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky

Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default George Rogers statue

Found this on twitter:

@BSenkiwAIM: While not final, some folks around USC say there's a good chance a statue of George Rogers could be on display at the stadium at some point.

I guess it will be part of the new plaza?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: George Rodgers statue

Thank you for fixing the title.

Last edited by Nureye; 06-05-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/06/0...ge-rogers.html
Old 06-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 22758950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Conner Shaw is pissed!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 375
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Will someone please fix the title of this thread? It is an embarrassment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Conner Shaw is pissed!
KNOW YOUR COCKS!!

Good catch!!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: George Rogers statue

Oh wow. I feel stupid now.... My bad.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Will someone please fix the title of this thread? It is an embarrassment.

Roger that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

We should get a George Rogers statue too..

Just kidding OP we've all been there.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Put him on a horse at full gallup with a saber in his hand extended above his head. Go for that classic style.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Oh wow. I feel stupid now.... My bad.

If any former Gamecock deserves a statue, it's Big George.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #11
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Anybody can buy a statue. George already is immortalized in a statue called the Heisman. The rest would just be a graven image.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #12
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Finally a statue thread that actually makes sense.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Finally a statue thread that actually makes sense.
Yeah, just took 34 years to make it happen.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #14
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

They should find an image of him trucking down the sideline like he used to do and use that as a model.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:52 AM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

This a statue most of cockytalk can agree on.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I'm OK with this, but I'm upset that it took this long for the university
to do something like this for one of our greatest players of all time. It's
long overdue, and I really hope it's the first of many tributes to our
nationally recognized stars. ... It took Steve Spurrier coming to SC to get
our admin off their asses, and post accomplishments in the Stadium for our
record holding football players. This should have been done years before
Spurrier was on the coaching radar here.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #17
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Amazing player!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #18
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

How should tyhe statue be posed? I very much like this one (Sorry the pic is so big):
Old 06-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
CockyVet
Walk On

Male

CockyVet has hatched from the shell

The university has been calling me and begging me for money non-stop for the past year. I keep telling them no (I only recently found a job). I would give money for this. When a recruit goes to a school and sees championship trophies, it has to make an impression. We don't have one of those, but we do have a Heisman winner and, to me, there's never been a good excuse as to why there hasn't been a statue of Big George yet. I think that can make as big an impression on a young kid as anything else. What star athlete wouldn't dream of seeing themselves immortalized in bronze next to a Heisman winner. It says to every running back and QB that comes for a visit that they could be next.
It also honors one of the brightest spots in our programs history. It is long overdue.
CockyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #20
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

I am all for this! I remember listening to the radio with my grandpa and hearing them talk about Big George!
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote