CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
MountainCock
CoverTwo
CockyLifer
2000grad
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
Morris to SMU (5110)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1741)
Clemson fans (1378)
Carolina on a Walmar (1110)
Game simulation (809)
End of the aTm / LSU (497)
Have we been favored (380)
Origin Sale Too (251)
Women's Soccer Elite (204)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (167)
Venables to TAMU?
Venablew to TAMU?
Constant Updates on Watso
Morris to SMU
Rivalry Weekend Predictio
Texans getting frustrated
Clemson fans
Name a Gamecock
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Carolina on a Walmart com

Old 06-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Worst Interstate Drivers

I spend a lot of time commuting on the interstate and it is a substantial source of annoyance for me. I've decided to write down some of the worst types of interstate drivers that I experience regularly. Please feel free to contribute, comment, add the types you hate, etc. These are in no particular order.

1. "The Pointless Passer"- This is probably the most volatile and dangerous of interstate drivers. It does not appear that they have any concept of the speed limit, or how fast they are even travelling... All they know is that they have to be going faster than you... and everyone else. This individual is known for flying up out of nowhere and passing you in any lane available, regardless of the fact that they are probably risking their life, your life, and the lives of the handful of drivers in your immediate vicinity. This is the person who will, on an interstate packed with backed up traffic during rush hour, pass you in the right lane and then violently shove their vehicle into the 1/2 car length space between you and the vehicle in front of you. They are also known for their antics in areas where the interstate is merging from 3 lanes to 2- yes we all know that guy... the one who floors it and passes everyone in the lane that is soon to end and then sandwiches himself in that 1/2 car length again at a speed of 95 mph. Usually you end up seeing this vehicle later when you inevitably catch up with them, because they are too stupid to realize that they aren't getting anywhere any faster than the people who are driving safely and in accordance to generally accepted interstate etiquette. This person possesses the following traits: Poor critical thinking/mathematical skills, lack of common courtesy, and a small penis. This person clearly does not understand that driving a massive chunk of metal at excessive speeds has potentially serious dangers associated with it. This person should be euthanized.

2. The constant speed driver- This is the individual whom I will never understand. They do not adjust their speed for changes in speed limit. This is the guy who is going 75 in the left lane in a 70 mph zone... Not terrible, but come on, guy... you need to be going about 10 mph over the speed limit in that lane and you need to get out of the way when someone is behind you trying to go faster than you. Obviously, you pass this person so you can go 80 in a 70 like a normal person should. Here's the problem. Once the interstate widens to 3 lanes and the speed limit drops to 60 mph.... This is the guy who comes up behind you, riding your ass at 75 mph still. WTF, bro? Are you a slow driver or a fast one? Neither. You're oblivious to speed limits. You just kind of exist.

3. The slow guy in the left lane- Similar to the last driver... this driver is oblivious to those around them. This driver rivals the pointless passer in lack of common courtesy or concern for others... just in a less immediately life-threatening way. This is the person who drives exactly the speedlimit in the left lane and manages to keep pace with the 18 wheeler in the right lane for the better part of 20 miles. I assume this person is completely oblivious to the fact that there are literally 127 cars directly behind them screaming, flipping them off, honking their horn, and wishing them an immediate death that forces them to veer off the road and hit a tree. Atleast I hope they are oblivious, or else they are the possibly the biggest assholes in the history of Earth.

Feel free to add more... I know they exist... I just don't feel like typing anymore.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Worst Interstate Drivers

Texting / talking on a cell phone at the stop sign / light.

People getting into a conversation and completely forgetting about the
light, sign or the line of people behind them they're pissing off when the
way is clear to go, or the light turns green.... Usually someone blows
a horn at them, gets their attention, and they flip you the finger like YOU
are the problem, or like you should be more understanding of their
conversation time.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Texting / talking on a cell phone at the stop sign / light.

People getting into a conversation and completely forgetting about the
light, sign or the line of people behind them they're pissing off when the
way is clear to go, or the light turns green.... Usually someone blows
a horn at them, gets their attention, and they flip you the finger like YOU
are the problem, or like you should be more understanding of their
conversation time.
I have never seen a stoplight on an interstate...
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I spend a lot of time commuting on the interstate and it is a substantial source of annoyance for me. I've decided to write down some of the worst types of interstate drivers that I experience regularly. Please feel free to contribute, comment, add the types you hate, etc. These are in no particular order.

1. "The Pointless Passer"- This is probably the most volatile and dangerous of interstate drivers. It does not appear that they have any concept of the speed limit, or how fast they are even travelling... All they know is that they have to be going faster than you... and everyone else. This individual is known for flying up out of nowhere and passing you in any lane available, regardless of the fact that they are probably risking their life, your life, and the lives of the handful of drivers in your immediate vicinity. This is the person who will, on an interstate packed with backed up traffic during rush hour, pass you in the right lane and then violently shove their vehicle into the 1/2 car length space between you and the vehicle in front of you. They are also known for their antics in areas where the interstate is merging from 3 lanes to 2- yes we all know that guy... the one who floors it and passes everyone in the lane that is soon to end and then sandwiches himself in that 1/2 car length again at a speed of 95 mph. Usually you end up seeing this vehicle later when you inevitably catch up with them, because they are too stupid to realize that they aren't getting anywhere any faster than the people who are driving safely and in accordance to generally accepted interstate etiquette. This person possesses the following traits: Poor critical thinking/mathematical skills, lack of common courtesy, and a small penis. This person clearly does not understand that driving a massive chunk of metal at excessive speeds has potentially serious dangers associated with it. This person should be euthanized.

2. The constant speed driver- This is the individual whom I will never understand. They do not adjust their speed for changes in speed limit. This is the guy who is going 75 in the left lane in a 70 mph zone... Not terrible, but come on, guy... you need to be going about 10 mph over the speed limit in that lane and you need to get out of the way when someone is behind you trying to go faster than you. Obviously, you pass this person so you can go 80 in a 70 like a normal person should. Here's the problem. Once the interstate widens to 3 lanes and the speed limit drops to 60 mph.... This is the guy who comes up behind you, riding your ass at 75 mph still. WTF, bro? Are you a slow driver or a fast one? Neither. You're oblivious to speed limits. You just kind of exist.

3. The slow guy in the left lane- Similar to the last driver... this driver is oblivious to those around them. This driver rivals the pointless passer in lack of common courtesy or concern for others... just in a less immediately life-threatening way. This is the person who drives exactly the speedlimit in the left lane and manages to keep pace with the 18 wheeler in the right lane for the better part of 20 miles. I assume this person is completely oblivious to the fact that there are literally 127 cars directly behind them screaming, flipping them off, honking their horn, and wishing them an immediate death that forces them to veer off the road and hit a tree. Atleast I hope they are oblivious, or else they are the possibly the biggest assholes in the history of Earth.

Feel free to add more... I know they exist... I just don't feel like typing anymore.
2 & 3 piss me off the most, but only when I'm in short time, and need to
get somewhere at a certain time. Otherwise, I just wait for an opening
and get by them ASAP. .. when I'm on a schedule, or need to be somewhere
at a specific time, these people make me want to drive my vehicle up their
tailpipe !!!!

I'll say this as well. EVERYWHERE in the state of SC that I've driven is
like a summer afternoon pleasure drive compared to Columbia SC ?!?!?!

I've lived here for 12 years, and I HATE driving the major interstates
around the city. I think it's because local people have gotten so used
to driving in some of the most SCREWED UP Road systems in the nation,
that they have become "hogs" on the roadways. Some of the stupidest,
most irresponsible asses I've ever seen behind a wheel drive the roads
of the Columbia area.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

The tailgaiter - Interstate is packed all lanes bumper to bumper, steady but slower speed. This guy will tailgate your ass to try to intimdate you to get out of the way. He doesn't realize that even if you do get out of the way, there are 127 more cars in front of you going the exact same speed.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Yeah, my bad.... I'm just venting about the local roads here in Columbia
again. Been my major source of stress since I've moved here. Didn't pay
attention to the "interstate" part of the OP
Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #7
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I would consider myself a VERY good driver. I've never been in an accident of my fault, and I've avoided quite a few accidents that would have been disastrous, if I had not seen them happening before they did.
With that being said, I'm not sure where I fit on the interstate driving list. If the speed limit is 60, I'm probably doing 69/70, and if there is very little traffic, I have my cruise on. If the limit is 70, my cruise is set to 80. I get in the left lane to pass, and I get in the right lane when it opens, and I ride until I need to pass.
The one thing that irks me is the speed up/slow down driver. I can't stand the person who just needs to pass everyone and then slow down. Then when my cruising speed catches me back up to him/her, they have to accelerate again so I won't pass them. I don't mind the left lane rider, because I usually have the HP to pass em in the right lane without any problems, but typically, when they say me coming in my Tundra, they just get over.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #8
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
The tailgaiter - Interstate is packed all lanes bumper to bumper, steady but slower speed. This guy will tailgate your ass to try to intimdate you to get out of the way. He doesn't realize that even if you do get out of the way, there are 127 more cars in front of you going the exact same speed.
1 down, 127 to go

My beef, interstate and in general, is those for whom the turn signal stalk is that strange thing to the left of the steering wheel that should never be touched. Glad you know when you're going to turn; thanks for giving me the challenge of trying to figure it out

The New Jersey Police State, I mean State Police, are the absolute worst in this regard. I can only surmise that the stalk is removed altogether as part of the conversion package
Old 06-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

about three weeks ago, my wife and I were coming back home from
Greenwood, and had no issues at all, until we got "home" and into the
traffic at Malfunction Junction of I-26. We had just made the big turn
at exit 108, and when we got near the Hospital, I got behind a line
of slow moving cars in the right lane, and wanted to drive faster than
50 mph. I looked back and there were a couple of cars coming up on
my left, so I waited until they pass. Took a look back and started to
pull out and get into the middle lane, and all of a sudden, a guy on a
Harley (bald head, and leather vest) pulls out from behind an 18 wheeler
who was in the far right lane and sped up to get in front of me (coming
out of the far right lane). He missed the front of my car by about 3 feet
and as soon as he got into the lane in front of me, threw up his middle
finger and sped up..... I laughed and shook my head, when my wife asked
me what was his problem..... the worse part of this ?

A guy pulls up beside me on the left about a mile further up the road,
and the lady in the passenger seat gives me this long "GO TO HELL"
stare as they went by, The driver was leaned over towards the middle
yelling something at me, and there was a kid (7-8 years old sitting in
the middle of the seat as well). They were all dressed in denim vests
and biker gear, so I'm assuming they were with the dude on the bike.

They get in front of me and hit the brakes, and dare me to either hit
them or try to pass them, but I just matched their speed and waited
for the next couple of exits, since I was close to where I got off to go
home. The bike and the truck get off the highway at the Airport exit,
The truck load of troglodytes moves over from the middle lane (in front
of me) and almost hits a car in the right lane who had started to exit
there as well. As I pass them, the driver rolls down his window to give
me a parting shot with his middle finger, and when he looked back, the
car runs off the exit ramp into the dirt and grass and he ALMOST rolled
the truck with his "woman" and kid in the vehicle with him.

Unbelievable !!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

The person who tailgates you in the left lane not realizing that you can only go as fast as the slowest guy ahead of you.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #11
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

sounds like driving on Dorchestor Rd from Summerville to North Charleston every morning!!

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #12
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Texters

I was driving home on I-26 a couple weeks ago at around 5:30 around the Harbison exit. The traffic had cleared enough that full speeds could be achieved. There is this girl in the left lane going slow and her head was buried in her phone texting.

Unbelievably dangerous.

Rubberneckers

Yes, there are flashly lights on the side of the interstate. No, you do not have to slow down to watch what is happening, causing a 1 mile backup. It is one thing if it is just this horrific accident (I guess), but 99.9% of the time it is a fender bender or a traffic stop. The worst I've experienced is people rubbernecking to see something on the other side of the interstate or even worse, on the frontage road. Ahhhh. Just drive, please!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #13
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Also, I'd like to go on record and say that Malfunction Junction (I-20/I-26 interchange) in Columbia is probably the worst highway design in history.

The traffic jams there would probably be non-existent if it had a better design.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

It is called cruise control.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #15
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #16
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

The slow left lane driver who won't get over is the single worst person on the face of the earth.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #17
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
The slow left lane driver who won't get over is the single worst person on the face of the earth.
Yep, those people should get 6 point $2000 tickets.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #18
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Some people just don't have any clue about highway etiquette and it pisses me off to no end. I go out of my way to be a great highway driver. I always check my rearview for anyone who is in a bigger hurry than me to get over into the right lane (keep in mind I do go about 80-85 in the left lane too, these people are going faster), then I promptly get back in the left lane and do this until I'm coasting in the left lane alone. If I want to check a text real quick I get over to the right lane (or adjust Spotify station, etc). Don't even know why I bother.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

How about the guy who speeds up just because you're passing them. They race you just enough to keep you beside them. You can slow down and move back over behind them then they slow down. Try to pass them and the dance starts all over again.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I was amused and slightly scared when I was riding with a friend back from Savannah. He had two people cut him off on the interstate. For the 1st one, he decided to "chase" this person .. at one point both cars were going 90. The 2nd person, he pretty much rode the horn until the person got back in their original lane and then coordinated with our friends in the other cars through walkie talkies to box them in for a while.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote