CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
garnet_black215
Spurrier_Superior_On
Welcome to Moe's (574)
Jay Paterno Attempts (507)
help with army insig (224)
Hercules - review (218)
I'm a grand godfathe (126)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (45)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
2015 - Mon Denson
Help Give Cocky a Home
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
Coach's media golf press

Old 06-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Aikenitous
5* blue chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aikenitous has hatched from the shell
Default Missing 2014 football season

Haven't missed a home game since I was 4, always go to Athens and Clemson as well as another away game or two, and always go to Atlanta (ok-the one time).

Seeing the team running out to 2001 from the tunnel gives me chills the first game every year.

Turns out my job is sending me to Japan for 4 months and I will miss all games this year besides bowl, and/or hopefully playoffs.

Devastated.

Does anybody know if I will be able to atleast watch the games live on the internet or anything? I can't imagine going a whole season without even being able to watch the games at all.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Missing 2014 football season

The irony in your sig... fantastic.

So you're saying you're tough then? haha jk.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Aikenitous
5* blue chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
The irony in your sig... fantastic.

So you're saying you're tough then? haha jk.

I knew my sig was going to come up sometime in this thread, just not so quick. Good call JH
Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikenitous View Post
Haven't missed a home game since I was 4, always go to Athens and Clemson as well as another away game or two, and always go to Atlanta (ok-the one time).

Seeing the team running out to 2001 from the tunnel gives me chills the first game every year.

Turns out my job is sending me to Japan for 4 months and I will miss all games this year besides bowl, and/or hopefully playoffs.

Devastated.

Does anybody know if I will be able to atleast watch the games live on the internet or anything? I can't imagine going a whole season without even being able to watch the games at all.
The only thing I can think of is possibly keeping your TV service, and log into ESPN 3 if they provide that. The SEC network might have something you can do as well, but it's just starting this year. If you have Satellite, I don't know how this works in other countries, but you might be able to change the location of your satellite dish to SC if you have one in Japan. My bro in law would change his satellite's location to Atlanta Georgia sometimes to get extra channels.

Traveling is my#1 hobby so I would switch with you in a heartbeat if I could.

Edit
Forgot about this it's the Hopper from Dish.

This part is called Dish anywhere.
http://www.dish.com/technology/dish-...T.svl=features

Worse case scenario you can watch it after it records, best case is you could get it live. The funny thing is the games will most likely be live at 1 am for noon games, and 8 am for 7 pm games on a Sunday morning.

Last edited by rioninusc; 06-04-2014 at 04:21 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Aikenitous
5* blue chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
The only thing I can think of is possibly keeping your TV service, and log into ESPN 3 if they provide that. The SEC network might have something you can do as well, but it's just starting this year. If you have Satellite, I don't know how this works in other countries, but you might be able to change the location of your satellite dish to SC if you have one in Japan. My bro in law would change his satellite's location to Atlanta Georgia sometimes to get extra channels.

Traveling is my#1 hobby so I would switch with you in a heartbeat if I could.

Edit
Forgot about this it's the Hopper from Dish.

This part is called Dish anywhere.
http://www.dish.com/technology/dish-...T.svl=features

Worse case scenario you can watch it after it records, best case is you could get it live. The funny thing is the games will most likely be live at 1 am for noon games, and 8 am for 7 pm games on a Sunday morning.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I do not have satellite or a cable provider that provides ESPN3. I am going to look into Dish now though because if they can hook me up where I can watch the games, that would be enough to persuade me to switch providers.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Buy a Slingbox and install it at a friend's house.

http://www.slingbox.com/go/products
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

ESPN3/WatchESPN is probably your best option I would think.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quit.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #9
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Quit.
And miss a chance to live in Japan???
Old 06-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
And miss a chance to live in Japan???
Pretty sure he is joking. No one would want to pass up that opportunity.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

OP, are you going to buy a pair of dirty Japanese girl's panties?

Jk..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #12
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
OP, are you going to buy a pair of dirty Japanese girl's panties?

Jk..
I'm not
Old 06-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikenitous View Post

Devastated.

you think that's bad? I was living in London in 2010! blah! Only got to see the Arkansas State game in person. Shouldn't have a problem watching the games though, plenty of websites to watch them on.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I read this post and for about ten minutes I questioned what I would do if i was in your situation. I came to the conclusion that it would crush my spirit as a human being to not be able to hear 2001 and see 80,000 of my closest friends on Saturdays at Willy B. I honestly just couldn't do it. I wish you the best of luck in Japan my friend and hope you have safe travels.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

I don't think espn3 works in japan. But I've never been outside the US so what do I know
Old 06-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #16
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material

Get dish and you can watch anywhere
Old 06-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #17
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

geez, there is life outside of football...some times (and I know its hard to believe) but there are more important things than SC vs the Citadel, like family, job. Dude needs to earn a living.

Anyway, since its only 4 months, like others said, I am guessing you are going to keep your tv subscription at home so you should be able to watch online somehow. Its possible that japan has ESPN as well. Not sure what they show because I have never been there, but you can hope right?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #18
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
ESPN3/WatchESPN is probably your best option I would think.
^ Do this.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I've lived in California for 13 years now. I've seen 2 games in person the last 13 years - both Clemson games. While California isn't Japan (although it can feel like a foreign country at times), I know what it's like to miss out on seeing the games in person.

Not sure what the situation is in Japan but with the technology these days, you should be able to watch the games somewhere online (just be thankful you are doing this in 2014 and not 2001 - when I moved out here). You may miss 13 or 14 games this year but don't let that take away from the awesome opportunity you will have the next year. Enjoy Japan!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
Rooster'srule
4-Star

Male

Rooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his combRooster'srule is developing his comb

I can not believe someone has not ask you this already but Can I have your tickets? I asked first!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote