CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
Aggie96
75CarolinaFan
gamecockgal
spareparts
Sidney Rice Retiring (1163)
A good friend of min (570)
Dan Patrick Show - P (532)
ESPN Insider (432)
Pictures of older Co (376)
Places to eat in Con (221)
Bonefish Grill (211)
SOS Dominating SEC M (168)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (164)
This Song is the F'i (148)
Another A&M aggie off
Texags
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
ESPN Insider
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 06-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #101
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
The ONLY way Gemany and Brazil would face off in the Final IS if EITHER of them finish 2nd in their group. I have the USA escaping in 2nd out of our group, beating Belgium then USA losing to Argentina.

I don't see that happening.

I'm saying Germany over Argentina
I love Belgium. That would be an awesome match up but I don't see any way that the US beats Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois, Company, and...well, company. Belgium has a fantastic team and I could see them doing really well.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #102
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
CHandler is not personally invested in success, he doesn't give 100% at all.

Fabian Johnson is FAR better BUT we need him at left mid when he's on the field. I dont trust Beasley.

Our Defensive back WILL perform well in one game but the next will be terrible.

also:

I know Chandler plays a position of need and is a solid back. However, it's interesting how Chandler kinda pulled a Donovan and has been in and out of the US national team and hasn't always been committed. I still see Fabian Johnson and Beasley starting as left and right backs with Cameron and Besler in the middle.

I know Beasley is a question mark but when you consider that he went from the offensive side of the ball to the defensive side, his transition hasn't been bad.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #103
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/julia...cup-slideshow/

I haven't seen enough of Green on the Intnl stage to make a decision BUT, what I have seen is he's a child among men. He simply is not ready IF we're playing to win for now.
I'm not mad about the Donovan thing, I woul dhave left him off as well. He bailed on the team during critical stages of qualifying. That doesn't sit well with me at all.

So, what would YOU consider a successful World Cup 14?

In all honesty, and maybe I'm selling them short, I would consider it a success to escape the group stage. This is one hell of a draw. Germany, ball d'or '13 and the most talented team in Africa.

If we finish 2nd in our group, color me PLEASED.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if we a dismissed with less than 4 points. I watch too many matches to think we are likely to win it all, capable? Maybe. Probable? No.

I want to see Johansson and Alitdore get into a rhythm. I want to see Beckerman and Bradley dominate the midfield again...and for the love of God...let a defender step up into a leadership role, I miss Gooch Boca!!!

Also, as a shout out...One of my favorite U.S. player of all time:

Frankie Hejduk, no he wasn't the most talented or the fastest or even a really good player. But he played with reckless abandon 110% every single second he was on the pitch. Imagine if Dempsey and Altidore played this way. We're starting to see Bradley play this way.

Give me one guy who lays every ounce of his being on the pitch over a talented whiner anyday!
I see us getting 4 points as well. A win over Ghana is a must. I think we draw with Portugal and lose to Germany.

However, I think Portugal is VERY overrated. Heck, they needed a playoff and 3 superb goals from Ronaldo to even qualify for the World Cup. Currently, they are ranked 4th in the world by FIFA?!?!?! Yes, Portugal has some talent besides Ronaldo but they will go as far as he takes them. Too many people are making too much of Portugal. I think they will disappoint, especially in this group. They may very well advance out of this group but I also think Portugal will be exposed. If you look at their results over the last year, they aren't that impressive. Yes, Ronaldo is good but as a team they can give up goals and aren't that great.

As for midfield, I wish Beckerman would start over Jones. I would take Beckerman over Bedoya even though their roles are different. I just feel more confident with Beckerman in the back helping out the back line. For the back line, I'm hopeful Cameron will step up and lead. He had a solid year at Stoke and hope he will emerge as a leader.

As for Gooch - only Clemson guy I ever cheered for and liked.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #104
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
More good news for Team USA...even if it is slightly weird

http://http://www.nydailynews.com/bl...ntry-1.1817124

Sportive23 @Sportive23_ Follow A Ghana witch doctor Nana Kwaku Bonsam claims he will rule Cristiano Ronaldo out of the 2014 WorldCup by inflicting him with a severe injury
8:14 PM - 13 Dec 2013

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...213054660.html
Attached Images

Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #105
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I love Belgium. That would be an awesome match up but I don't see any way that the US beats Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois, Company, and...well, company. Belgium has a fantastic team and I could see them doing really well.
Belgium is really good
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #106
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I see us getting 4 points as well. A win over Ghana is a must. I think we draw with Portugal and lose to Germany.

However, I think Portugal is VERY overrated. Heck, they needed a playoff and 3 superb goals from Ronaldo to even qualify for the World Cup. Currently, they are ranked 4th in the world by FIFA?!?!?! Yes, Portugal has some talent besides Ronaldo but they will go as far as he takes them. Too many people are making too much of Portugal. I think they will disappoint, especially in this group. They may very well advance out of this group but I also think Portugal will be exposed. If you look at their results over the last year, they aren't that impressive. Yes, Ronaldo is good but as a team they can give up goals and aren't that great.

As for midfield, I wish Beckerman would start over Jones. I would take Beckerman over Bedoya even though their roles are different. I just feel more confident with Beckerman in the back helping out the back line. For the back line, I'm hopeful Cameron will step up and lead. He had a solid year at Stoke and hope he will emerge as a leader.

As for Gooch - only Clemson guy I ever cheered for and liked.
Portugal is a one man team. If Ronaldo isn't a 100% or better yet can't play at all then we could very well take all 3 points from that match.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #107
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Belgium is really good

I think everyone likes Belgium to hopefully do good. They are an up an coming country in world soccer with the likes of Hazard, Courtois, and Lukaku. I can't stand janujaz or however you spell it. He dives way to much for my liking already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #108
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

http://www.espnfc.us/france/story/18...d=sportscenter

Ribery out for France. Like they had a chance anyways.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #109
tkousc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Headed down to Jacksonville to watch the last USA tuneup game. I'll try and post my thoughts on the team when I get back Sunday night. Should I bring my "Where's Donovan" sign?
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #110
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Why would you? We look fine without him, we qualified without him. He took a break from the team, now the team is taking a break from him.

#WinAnyway

I wish I was going to Jacksonville, but my desire to pay off debt first takes precedence!

I expect Nigeria to be a good test of our Defense, Mikel is a good midfield captain.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #111
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Time to settle on our back line for Ghana and see how they play. I think this is a great tune up for Ghana. Nigeria is a good team.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #112
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Welp another group foe might have just taken a big blow. Reus just went down and he looked very distraught like his WC was over before it started. They took him off on a stretcher couldn't put any pressure on his leg.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #113
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Welp another group foe might have just taken a big blow. Reus just went down and he looked very distraught like his WC was over before it started. They took him off on a stretcher couldn't put any pressure on his leg.

Too bad for Reus. However, Germany are so loaded he won't really be missed.

Germany finally woke up in the 2nd half!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #114
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

ugly ankle movement there. We would beat Armenia by 5 or more.

Germany IS loaded but they are also very dinged up.

So far here are the names that are out:

Strootman, Ribery, Gundogan,Falcao, Jesus Navas, Benteke, Montolivo, Grenier, Walcott, Van der Vaart, Lars Bender, Niko Kranjcar, Matias Fernandez.

Some are actually speculating about Cristiano Ronaldo
Old 06-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #115
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Sportive23 @Sportive23_ Follow A Ghana witch doctor Nana Kwaku Bonsam claims he will rule Cristiano Ronaldo out of the 2014 WorldCup by inflicting him with a severe injury
8:14 PM - 13 Dec 2013

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...213054660.html
And this is why Africa is Africa.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #116
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Strootman, Ribery, Gundogan,Falcao, Jesus Navas, Benteke, Montolivo, Grenier, Walcott, Van der Vaart, Lars Bender, Niko Kranjcar, Matias Fernandez.

While not official, I would throw Oxade-Chamberlain's name in there as well.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #117
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
While not official, I would throw Oxade-Chamberlain's name in there as well.

To be greedy I hope he doesn't play for England. I want him to be fully fit for the BPL season with Arsenal

Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #118
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Add Russian captain Roman Shirokov to this list as well.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #119
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Not looking good tonight. Altidore got his goal BUT...Our midfield is too bunched and our defense..besler is not ready for the WC
Old 06-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #120
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

I'm not up on soccer. Do we have a shot to make it out of our pool?
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote