CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks321
QCB
l^l^lBGCock
So Disappointed With (2634)
Rank the QBs under S (1859)
Back like cooked cra (1478)
No Comments on the H (801)
Who start on the d l (714)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (231)
Gameday parking in A (163)
Call of Duty: Advanc (118)
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
So Disappointed With The
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Back like cooked crack

Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Smoothies

I've been making my own smoothies for years, but a few months ago I started including them in my daily diet.

I definitely feel better each day. I've lost the excess weight and just enjoy having them twice a day.

I try to stick with the basics, but always like to try something new that's nutritious.

Just curious if many of you make your own smoothies and which are your favorites.

I grow blueberries, Rasberries, Strawberries and blackberries, so naturally these are usually my fruits of choice with pineapple, kiwi, pear the ones I buy, chop up and freeze to use that week.

I normally use unflavored Greek Yogurt.

milk

a natural fruit juice

Cinnamon

Honey as sweetners. I also put in a teaspoon of Manuka Honey when I have it. Same with Maple Syrup(instead of honey)...

I keep them simple, but would like to hear how you guys make yours.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Smoothies

Sounds good. I make a killer protein smoothie.

Some ice, blueberries or raspberries, one banana, some natural cocoa powder, a little honey, one Tbsp of peanut butter, one or one and a half scoops of protein powder, some non fat Greek yogurt (plain), and some water.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

About the same... depending on what I've got at the house... I normally just throw in a mix of fruit (fresh or frozen), a few scoops of nonfat plain greek yogurt, some milk (preferably almond) and blend it. If I have Kale, I will put that in as well... not bad at all mixed with the fruit. If I don't have milk, or want something a little different, then I use whatever type of fruit juice I have. I've never felt that I needed to add anything for additional sweetness or protein... the nonfat greek yogurt seems have enough protein in it already.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

I don't make them as often these days, but I still go through spells where I make them daily. I'm in the pro-fat camp, so I tend to include whole-milk yogurt, coconut milk, or peanut butter. I like most eligible fruit but prefer berries most of the time. Mint can be an interesting touch, as can Thai basil.

I've never made any of the green smoothies, but I've enjoyed some of the ones I've tried.
Transmaniacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
About the same... depending on what I've got at the house... I normally just throw in a mix of fruit (fresh or frozen), a few scoops of nonfat plain greek yogurt, some milk (preferably almond) and blend it. If I have Kale, I will put that in as well... not bad at all mixed with the fruit. If I don't have milk, or want something a little different, then I use whatever type of fruit juice I have. I've never felt that I needed to add anything for additional sweetness or protein... the nonfat greek yogurt seems have enough protein in it already.
Of course it is a great source of protein, but dude it's that time again... BEACH MUSCLES!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Spinach, carrots, berries, and flax seed

It actually isn't very tasty, but it is good for you.

I think.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Of course it is a great source of protein, but dude it's that time again... BEACH MUSCLES!!!
Sun's out, guns out!

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I keep it simple.

Frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, milk. Usually add some honey to sweeten, maybe some spinach and or blueberries if I feel like being over the top healthy.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

greek yogurt, spinach, unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk, frozen strawberries and blueberries...make it every morning and my 2 year old can't get enough
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #10
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Same here but I add 2 raw eggs and either a little vanilla extract or vanilla yogurt.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

My breakfast 3 days a week = 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk,1 banana, flax seed meal, 1-2 tablespoons PB2 powder (peanut butter powder) and as much as you want depending on thickness. (sometimes some spinach as well)
uscfsu23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Sun's out, guns out!
Sky's out, thighs out!
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #13
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Good stuff. Try throwing in some goji berries and maca root powder.
If you have a Vitamix or Blendtec here's a killer one:
Coconut water
Coconut cream
Little bit of sweetener
Almonds
Vanilla
pinch of salt.
Not one that will be a staple, but it tastes like a milk shake. Might go make one right now.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Skim milk, full fat greek yogurt, chocolate whey powder, low fat peanut butter, frozen banana, strawberries and blueberries. 80 grams protein, 18 grams fat, 700 calories. This seems to be a good meal replacement for me.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I just knew there were a lot of smoothie lovers around here!

Just bought a ripe avocado tonight. Doing a simple Avo, Pear and Banana Smoothie in the morn. I'll throw in a few frozen blueberries for good measure, honey, yogurt and semi skimmed milk. Drink one and toss in a pinch of cinnamon with what's left in the blender.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #16
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I used to make them every night but got away from doing it. Certainly got some great ideas from this thread and I'll probably use a few when I get back to making them.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I just knew there were a lot of smoothie lovers around here!

Just bought a ripe avocado tonight. Doing a simple Avo, Pear and Banana Smoothie in the morn. I'll throw in a few frozen blueberries for good measure, honey, yogurt and semi skimmed milk. Drink one and toss in a pinch of cinnamon with what's left in the blender.

I just made some garbage guacamole in the blender because I had half an avocado I didn't want to spoil... Didn't even consider putting it in a smoothie.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Plain greek + unfrozen berry mix + packet or two of stevia sweetener.
Mixed with a fork and eaten with a spoon. No muss-no fuss.

The berries rock with anti-oxidants and the sugar spike is minimal.

I can add a scoop of whey if I want...just depends.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #19
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

i like to do pineapple and coconut tastes like a pina calada so I use it for an adult like beverage that isnt unhealthy. I always add spinach to every smoothie I make. I will sometimes put banana, greek yogurt, strawberries and put my protein powder in it.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #20
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Plain greek + unfrozen berry mix + packet or two of stevia sweetener.
Mixed with a fork and eaten with a spoon. No muss-no fuss.

The berries rock with anti-oxidants and the sugar spike is minimal.

I can add a scoop of whey if I want...just depends.
I like to mix protein powder with some Greek yogurt. The powder I have mixes very easily and it tastes great.