CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
MountainCock
CoverTwo
CockyLifer
2000grad
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
Morris to SMU (4700)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1689)
Clemson fans (1202)
Carolina on a Walmar (1046)
Game simulation (779)
End of the aTm / LSU (438)
Have we been favored (353)
Origin Sale Too (236)
Women's Soccer Elite (182)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Name a Gamecock
Clemson fans
Carolina on a Walmart com
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Constant Updates on Watso
End of the aTm / LSU game
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Bailey's life hack for Ol
Morris to SMU
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 06-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default UNC player confirms paper classes

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...k-sham-classes

Must be just another rogue.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material
Default Re: UNC player confirms paper classes

Justification for the 'McCants Read' nickname.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I believe McCants and am proud for him coming out and admitting the "paper classes" went on. He was one of my favorite players on the 2005 championship team, and I am glad he is doing the right thing by testifying that cheating went on.
Unfortunately, nothing will come of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they on probation and if they were to get in trouble again that would mean the death penalty? Also, the NCAA doesn't want to do anything because admitting that this happened would also mean a black mark for them, since cheating at such a large scale without them knowing about it would be embarrassing and raise a lot of questions as to how they were not aware.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I believe McCants and am proud for him coming out and admitting the "paper classes" went on. He was one of my favorite players on the 2005 championship team, and I am glad he is doing the right thing by testifying that cheating went on.
Unfortunately, nothing will come of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they on probation and if they were to get in trouble again that would mean the death penalty? Also, the NCAA doesn't want to do anything because admitting that this happened would also mean a black mark for them, since cheating at such a large scale without them knowing about it would be embarrassing and raise a lot of questions as to how they were not aware.
There are too many people in high positions of the media and in the NCAA to put the hammer on UNC.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

This is sad. Tarholes are dirty of academic fraud and not a thing will be done to them. The NCAA is a joke. Miami should have been hammered as well.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
This is sad. Tarholes are dirty of academic fraud and not a thing will be done to them. The NCAA is a joke. Miami should have been hammered as well.

The NCAA is a

Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

The local media seems on the fence as to calling McCants disgruntled and having a hard time not believing him with the statement of tudors and evidence that led to football coach Davis being fired. I've heard several ask how a president or AD does not come down on the football team and coach but let the basketball team and coach pass...The OTL could be interesting and put a ton of pressure on the University to take action, all of the allegations are almost proven to have taken place at the school for the football team during that investigation. The most substantial and game changing claim is that Roy Williams had knowledge and pushed players towards these improprieties.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

This could be big in recruiting the next couple years...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
All too true!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I've said since day one that the reason the NCAA didn't go harder after UNC is because they knew the scandal would eventually lead them to the basketball team, and that they had no intention of going down that road. It's obvious that UNC perpetuated system-wide academic fraud, and that everyone from the president down to the coaches knew about it. If this were almost any other school, they'd face the death penalty for what went on, but because it's UNC nothing will happen.

If I were UConn I'd sue. They've been on probation 4 out of the last 10 years for offenses much more minor than these.

The biggest irony of this is that the head of the NCAA fled his previous two jobs, at LSU and UConn, ahead of academic and financial scandals.

The system is rotten, why play by its rules?
Old 06-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #11
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I hope they get the death penalty and those titles taken away
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Would Slive's proposed Div IV fix this issues? I know it would deal with the stupid NCAA rules but how much would a new division make sure these kids are going to classes?

I'm not sure what's more corrupt - the NCAA or FIFA.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #13
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

A few thoughts:

-McCants is not very reliable, as he has waited until his playing career is pretty much done to do this, and even mentions wanting to get a book deal out of this. Also, I'm pretty sure he didn't like Roy.

-This is a blatant case of class rigging for sure, but it is pretty naive to think this isn't pretty darn common. I would guess USC has provided "help" to many a athlete over the years, as does most every competitive school. Maybe it hasn't gone as far as it did at UNC, or maybe it did. There is definitely a gray area that has to be tempting given the money involved here.

-UNC sucks.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #14
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
A few thoughts:

-McCants is not very reliable, as he has waited until his playing career is pretty much done to do this, and even mentions wanting to get a book deal out of this. Also, I'm pretty sure he didn't like Roy.

-This is a blatant case of class rigging for sure, but it is pretty naive to think this isn't pretty darn common. I would guess USC has provided "help" to many a athlete over the years, as does most every competitive school. Maybe it hasn't gone as far as it did at UNC, or maybe it did. There is definitely a gray area that has to be tempting given the money involved here.

-UNC sucks.
Im not stupid enough to believe to that this kinda stuff doesn't happen at every big time school, bout i kinda feel like it happens more at schools like UNC simply because of the "academic prestige" the put out there.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #15
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Yeah, as Headcockfan said, McCants' whole family has it out for Roy* (and he called UNC a prison while he was there), so he isn't the best witness. That said, I hate UNC fans more than any other and will enjoy watching them panic and react. This implicates the 2005 championship and current coach, so I expect all-out warfare. JR Reid and some other former heels are already firing missiles. It'll be interesting to watch.

Pack Pride, of course, will feature prominently in this war. We Duke fans prefer to just watch with glee.

* McCanys was recruited by Doh before he was fired at UNC and Roy was hired, and McCants' father has accused Roy of telling NBA teams to stay away from McCants.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
This could be big in recruiting the next couple years...
You would think so. Every time I bring it up people jump all over me that it won't affect recruiting at all. How UNC can still be considered a better academic school by certain recruits absolutely BOGGLES my mind. If I were hiring someone right now and they were a UNC athlete I would throw their resume in the garbage. There is such a thing as guilt by association, I can't be sure you did ANYTHING to actually earn that degree.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Eh, UNC will still get tons of top recruits.
Most those kids they get care about the NBA not school.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #18
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

He sometimes takes a while to show his face, but, Mikey G, there's a God after all.
Just hate like hell you were one of the lambs sacrificed to keep a twisted dream alive.
Diamond, don't care where you go, girl; just glad you got away. Maybe others will follow.
Joe Pa, Jim Weaver, Eddie C, Chuck Erickson, move over; you have company coming...
NCAA, you're no more than teats on a boar hog; just go away & we'll do it for you.

Last edited by OldPat; 06-06-2014 at 08:56 PM.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
A few thoughts:

-UNC sucks.
The thing about UNC and their apologists is that for decades they have sold
"The Carolina Way" as their way of winning on the court and graduating their players with a world class education. It is and has been nothing more than a sham and a fraud. UNC fans simply cannot have it both ways. They cannot be allowed to say "It happens everywhere" when they have lived by looking down at everyone else with their "Carolina Way."
Even now, they are trying to say that they should be the ones to lead for reform. Really?? Shall crooks lead on reforms for now on? Shall Madoff lead on financial reforms? I think not.

Live by it...and die by it UNC.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #20
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

http://chapelboro.com/news/unc/release-transcripts/

#releasethetranscripts