CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
TAFC 5 1981
SwampFox
sanford
Master Bedroom
CockyCody
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
Spurrier: Davis May (6553)
Devonte Holloman Ret (2027)
First "Carolina (1475)
an apology (1229)
Article on Shaw & (895)
JD & DJ Getting (876)
Aggie looking forwar (862)
Cockaboose Owners (855)
I'm thinking we're g (618)
and the #1 2014 acc (558)
Connor Shaw Browns
First "Carolina Call
Your SEC Standings Predic
and the #1 2014 acc must
I have not bought into ou
New Sign at Williams Bric
Devonte Holloman Retiring
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
SEC East QB's Ranked
Spurrier: Davis May Not B

Old 05-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #101
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Davon Durant

Quote:
LB Da’von Durant of Butler Junior College, KS said last week he would commit to USC this week when he met with recruiter Kirk Botkin. That meeting took place on Tuesday. The commitment did not.
“It went well, it went real well,” Durant said of the meeting. “We talked about the defense they are running, school, academics, a little bit of everything. I didn’t commit. I’m going to wait and get out and visit and see what’s out there and make a decision then. Ain’t noting going to change as far as right now.”
Durant said academics is not the issue. “I’m just going to go visit some places and see what else is out there,” he said. “Me and coach Botkin have a great relationship. We talk almost every day. He didn’t say too much about going ahead and commit. I think he feels pretty strong with me. He said he’s ready to get me back home and get me on the field to make plays. I think I feel it in my heart but just trying not to cause too much commotion right now and go out and visit some places.”
Durant said Botkin is ready to take his commitment anytime but he’d like to visit USC first just to get a closer look. “I really just want to get out there and visit and really get a feeling and see some stuff on film of what defense they are running. I want to see how well I fit in that defense. If I fit perfect I’ll make the decision then.”
Durant said he would like visit Texas A&M, Florida State and Arizona State along with a trip to USC this summer. A recruiter from Texas A&M was out Tuesday and Florida State was in Thursday.
Durant added that while at Butler Botkin talked to his roommate DL Ulric Jones who is from Alabama and left him his card.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...tment-for-now/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #102
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

CB prediction for USC today.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #103
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

CT does he have a visit scheduled with us?
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #104
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

OV to ASU this weekend

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #105
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I haven't heard anything at all from or about Durant after the news that he was very near to committing to USC, and that he had set a date. IMO something substantial has happened, and I would now be surprised to see him ever wear Garnet & Black....
Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #106
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It is interesting that he was supposed to commit a while ago if everything was good to go with his grades, and he still hasn't pulled the trigger. With him and Lewis both visiting ASU this weekend, it does make you wonder if something is going on, because that's where Darius Caldwell ended up after his academic fiasco.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #107
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

With JUCO's it's typically when they can enroll (after grades, of course) Much more valuable to have a guy who can come in & go thru spring ball & summer workouts than guys who can't enroll until fall.

i.e. if a JUCO has say 2 to play 2, getting him in the fall generally doesn't add near the value.

Not saying that's what the case is here, but Durant is a player I'd love to get & I think he badly wants to be here. Hope it works out.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 AM   #108
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

TM of TBS said DD is not a take unless he can enroll in Jan 2015. I knew it was important for him to get in for spring practice, but I had never heard that before.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #109
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Any more news? Seems like I read in another thread that he was going to be an EE like he's already committed , but maybe it was meant that "IF he comes here he will be an EE"
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #110
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Any more news? Seems like I read in another thread that he was going to be an EE like he's already committed , but maybe it was meant that "IF he comes here he will be an EE"
It's just hat the guy above you wrote. If had can EE in January, than we will take him. Davon said he's going to take some visits and keep his options open. There's no question about SC wanting him at SC, but it's a matter of him being eligible.

IMO, if he can EE here in January, he's coming here, no matter how hard aTm, Arizona St or ole miss push.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #111
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Looks like he committed?

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #112
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Looks like he committed?
what....that's great....he must have the grades......great for us.....big time LB.

where did you see that....
Old 07-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #113
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
what....that's great....he must have the grades......great for us.....big time LB.

where did you see that....

https://twitter.com/DurantDavon
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #114
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

TBS reported earlier that he would be willing to redshirt for a year to separate him from the LBs who will be juniors. Solid pick up if true.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #115
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
TBS reported earlier that he would be willing to redshirt for a year to separate him from the LBs who will be juniors. Solid pick up if true.
has he only used 2 years in JUCO so far....so he's coming in Jan 2015 and RS the 2015 season and will have 2 seasons left.....is that correct.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #116
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
has he only used 2 years in JUCO so far....so he's coming in Jan 2015 and RS the 2015 season and will have 2 seasons left.....is that correct.
Yes. I believe so.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #117
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I would guess he has three to play two.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:14 AM   #118
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I would guess he has three to play two.
right now, but after RS the 2015 season, he would have 2 to play 2.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:07 AM   #119
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Wait...what? He committed? So are his grades in order, or is this a conditional commit?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #120
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Wait...what? He committed? So are his grades in order, or is this a conditional commit?
turns out it is not committable till his grades check out......he posted a picture on Instagram of Lewis and himself. Chris Clark said coaches are waiting till the end of the summer to make sure he can enroll early. Since that's the case, his grades must be pretty good if the coaches feel comfortable to give him the committable offer then and not in December.

Last edited by b381l; 07-27-2014 at 03:14 AM.