CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SCohioBoy
Coulwoodwarlord
cockybusiness2
LeeSC
beak2
WeStillOwnUSC
taylorssc
bigdog2003
lilhornet
Legalman72
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
Upstate Football Games Re
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Kentucky prediction
4th & 1 Play
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2

Old 06-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #21
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: New TV Advice

First and foremost at that size.

1080P
Full array LED Price has gone down on these TV, I have my eyes on a 42 inch vizio that is Full array LED that cost under 500 bucks. I don't think it's as detailed as some of the other Full array LED, but it's the next best thing than edge lit LED.

You really didn't gives a price range, so it's tough to work on what you want.

This seems like a nice budget tv.

568 bucks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E500...-HDTV/34684526

Retailers stupid rules about not showing prices, but here is a good Samsung.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...0002&cp=1&lp=1
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #22
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Retailers stupid rules about not showing prices, but here is a good Samsung.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...0002&cp=1&lp=1
$897 at Newegg.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #23
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Have Vizios, Samsungs and a Sharp. Each is in some ways better than the other, if that makes sense. Samsung smart tv almost does too much. Vizio is user friendly and the Sharp probably has the best picture although it's though to compare it to my Samsung 3d. By the way, don't buy a 3d. Not worth it for a gimmick that you'll rarely use. Regardless, get something that serves your needs and plan on a sound bar minimum.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #24
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

You can't go wrong with a Samsung. Very happy with my new Vizio as well. LG is also solid...kids have one of those in the playroom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #25
hank scorpio
Walk On

Male

hank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Have Vizios, Samsungs and a Sharp. Each is in some ways better than the other, if that makes sense. Samsung smart tv almost does too much. Vizio is user friendly and the Sharp probably has the best picture although it's though to compare it to my Samsung 3d. By the way, don't buy a 3d. Not worth it for a gimmick that you'll rarely use. Regardless, get something that serves your needs and plan on a sound bar minimum.
3d tv's produce the clearest, cleanest picture, even when not using 3d. It comes across as a gimmick, but the best tv's are the best not because they're 3d, but because they have the best components. It's those components that allow it to do 3d. so giving up 3d gives up superior 2d. It's like saying don't buy the car with the v6 because it comes with an upgraded 6-disc CD, but you have an ipod and don't need a CD changer. However, to avoid the CD changer, you step down to a 4 cylinder.
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #26
hank scorpio
Walk On

Male

hank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
$897 at Newegg.
That's a good price for a good tv.
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #27
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

I love my Panasonic Plasma. I know, not the most current, probably not the best picture but it has been flawless.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:30 AM   #28
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

gotta agree on the 3d...if you can get it, go for it.

and IMO, it's worth it for the 3d functionality anyway...my 55" sammy LED LCD is 3d and i use it quite a bit (for 3d).....not to mention the picture, both 2 & 3d, is awesome.

also...that 42" vizio i just bought for a bedroom tv is passive 3d (had to get the 2013 model), but worth it IMO. picture is fantastic and the kids and i can watch 3d movies on it without having the expensive active-3d glasses of my sammy. lot of 3d kids movies out there, if that's important to you.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #29
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

We have 2 sonys and 1 Vizio. 45 in Sony, 32 Sony, and 32 Vizio. No complaints. Good picture. Easy to work.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote