CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
18IsTheMan
spareparts
soccerguy79
Yearofthegamecock
Cockypantherfan
markp_vip
A&M vent thread (19148)
SOS is pissed (9700)
Jimmies and Joes (3472)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
So, Dylan Thompson? (2923)
Man of my word (no t (2415)
I'm not looking forw (2032)
Worst Beating since? (1769)
Just a friendly PSA (1749)
Good effort Cocks (1581)
Is anybody still optimist
Full game video - aTm
2010 Auburn/FSU beatdowns
So, Dylan Thompson?
Good Game Cocks!
Ward's D has a pattern no
Play for next year
Jimmies and Joes
Confused fan here. Why i
Which is a worse loss to

Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #101
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
I think we had them at WB the last time. We lost, they were awful, but Garcia couldn't hit a dump truck that day.

X10. Absolutely the worst game I ever saw Garcia play. Worse than vs Iowa in the bowl game. His last game & he missed every guy by what seemed like 10'.
Always liked Garcia, still do, hate that it ended like that for him because he played some great ones too.

Defense turned their FB loose for an easy TD pass late on what looked like the exact play with the same player they ran for a TD at Auburn the year before.

Then Coach Spurrier gets a brain cramp & time manages us out of any chance of winning late.

Just a bad, bad night when nothing went right. It happens to the best of them.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #102
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I think we're looking at about 6-6 or 7-5 at best for the regular season. Thompson's play last year didn't inspire a lot of confidence for this year, and we just lost a lot of solid/experienced players on defense. The hook is there, so now I'll wait to see if any take the bait!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #103
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I think we're looking at about 6-6 or 7-5 at best for the regular season. Thompson's play last year didn't inspire a lot of confidence for this year, and we just lost a lot of solid/experienced players on defense. The hook is there, so now I'll wait to see if any take the bait!

Lol I was going to. Snake in the grass
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #104
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
Lol I was going to. Snake in the grass
I'm just glad to know someone was willing to defend the team, because we all know there are people who call themselves fans who believe this kind of stuff. Points to you!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #105
dan.man.44
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
dan.man.44 is learning to peckdan.man.44 is learning to peck

Our season will depend on how we protect the ball, and force the other team to turn it over. Injuries will come into play, thats what held Georgia back last year. We have lost a bunch of great players, and the new guys will have to grow up quickly.Dylan doesnt have to be Conner, just protect the ball, and let the Oline make holes for our running backs. I see at best 10-2 and 8-4 as the worse. Auburn on the road will be very tough, Florida also will be a tough road game. We must win in Columbia ! Move the chains, control the clock, minimal penalties, do not settle for field goals in the red zone, JUST WIN!!!
dan.man.44 is offline   Reply With Quote