CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
Captain9Dragons
ColaCock
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Fight, win, kick a-- (1076)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (916)
CFN prediction for a (853)
Why I'm hopeful abou (782)
The Gator Bowl wants (766)
USC will upset Aubur (648)
A simple defensive l (630)
What happened to thi (599)
Ranking Top HC jobs (452)
In-state QB talent (405)
Why is everyone anticipat
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Thoughts on the basketbal
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina

Old 06-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #441
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
If anybody is worried about clemson getting such a good class.

Right now on 24/7, even though they have 20 commits, they have the 21st highest ranked average.

We're at 8 highest ranked average.

Let them brag all they want because we're still getting better players and developing them. AND we're still the better team.
They always land highly ranked classes, but it doesn't do them any good against us. However, our classes are very similar according to Rivals. They have 7 (4*) players and 1 (5*) player. We have 8 (4*) players. We're also in good standings for Lewis, Sawyer, Jones, Durant, and maybe Clark, and several others. I think when NSD comes, our class will be better.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #442
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Clemson is actually recruiting the trenches this year. They tend to ignore the LOS most of the time.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #443
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Clemson is actually recruiting the trenches this year. They tend to ignore the LOS most of the time.
They fill needs like any other teams. They didn't always get the most highly rated guys at the OL positions if thats what you mean.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #444
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
They fill needs like any other teams. They didn't always get the most highly rated guys at the OL positions if thats what you mean.
They seem to be this cycle, but in the past I would agree with what you are saying.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #445
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

For those wondering about rivals or 247's recruiting class rankings, they also take into account the players' position ranking and numerical grading, not just the stars.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #446
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm hoping we can get another BAW-style leader recruit in this class. Both he and his mother were real assets, and I tend to think his enthusiasm and personality may translate to a leadership role on the team.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #447
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Key may become that for us.

I'm wanting to see the RB and OL positions heat up some.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #448
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Key may become that for us.

I'm wanting to see the RB and OL positions heat up some.

Key said on twitter yesterday that he was going to recruit just like BAW but he was going to do it better!
Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #449
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
Key said on twitter yesterday that he was going to recruit just like BAW but he was going to do it better!

I sure do hope he can live up to that big billing!!! BAW was a beast recruiting wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #450
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Several weeks ago, there was discussion about the players that may not make it in....one of those was Joe Blue. However, word out of Dillion is that things are looking better and he may very well qualify. Of course, there is no certainty until he is on campus, but this is some good news.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #451
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
I sure do hope he can live up to that big billing!!! BAW was a beast recruiting wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious, who do we attribute coming to USC b/c BAW recruited them?
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #452
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
Just curious, who do we attribute coming to USC b/c BAW recruited them?
I doubt anyone came to USC solely because of BAW, but I'm pretty sure he had a lot to do with Green and Googer. Those are two we know of publicly, and I'm pretty sure he was in the ear of a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if one was DJ Smith. Both are from the Atlanta area.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #453
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I doubt anyone came to USC solely because of BAW, but I'm pretty sure he had a lot to do with Green and Googer. Those are two we know of publicly, and I'm pretty sure he was in the ear of a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if one was DJ Smith. Both are from the Atlanta area.
He probably had a hand in Sawyer too
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #454
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
He probably had a hand in Sawyer too
Absolutely. Forgot about Sawyer.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #455
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

poop
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #456
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
It's Irvin Charles...we are in it with him.
Hines is probably a tater.
Tim Irvin is a RB prospect out of fla. I'm not sure how our chances are with him but he's highly ranked and reminds me Of mike Davis. Hope we can get him as I am one of the guys on the board anxious about running back this year.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #457
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

We were so solid on several big JUCO players, but now it seems like many are opening up a little more. That sucks.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #458
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

I'm not a subscriber so I don't know the full extent of it, but over the weekend GCC mentioned something about us still being involved with Tyrek Cole and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Again, there may be nothing to it, just thought it was interesting. Their threads are locked so I couldn't post in there.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #459
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I'm not a subscriber so I don't know the full extent of it, but over the weekend GCC mentioned something about us still being involved with Tyrek Cole and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Again, there may be nothing to it, just thought it was interesting. Their threads are locked so I couldn't post in there.
good chance both will visit.....MF said he wanted to visit Carolina to make sure he made the right decision regarding Alabama....which means he still has some doubts.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #460
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Your comment makes me wonder:
1) How long have Dabs & you guys been reading CT & taking our advice?
2) How many days is it 'til USC pops your bubble once again?
3) Should I even bother to sharpen the needle this year?
4) Might it not take a hammer drill to penetrate those thick heads?
5) Hey, taters, buck up or stay in your trucks; #6 is gonna hurt.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote