CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockFighter
rabid cock
SMOTFS86
The Yancey
gocockswyn
bobbycock
Flameout12
ccured
kingoftheroost
Spurticus
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2621)
Bruce!!! (1504)
2014 Subway Classic: (1304)
aTm demolishes Kyle (402)
Cocky at the Duck Co (398)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (286)
movers, furniture do (220)
Deer Hunting 2014 (212)
Streaming nfl games (186)
Happy Winter Solstic (169)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Bruce!!!
So, why is next year goin
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC Ath Dept sets Record Revenue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Wow. SC had a revenue of $21 million more than Clemson. To put that in context, USC's revenue was 130% of Clemsons. If I was a clemson fan, i'd be a lot more nervous about that difference than anything else.
That gap is about to get much, much bigger in the next 2 years.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #22
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2178
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
Under expenses..."Equipment, uniforms and supplies", it identifies a line item for "animal bedding and food" in the amount of $70,000.

Anyone have any idea what this is about? Sir Big Spur is the 1st thing that comes to mind, but as far as I know those folks don't get money from the university (unless that's changed).
I know for a fact that horses are damned expensive. The equestrian team is probably associated with that one.

I would be interested in Clemson's expense line there. It must be huge!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #23
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

we be like
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #24
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

This is with our Basketball team being as bad as they have been too. If we can get them in the Top 25, we could climb that easily.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

"They see me rollin'. They hatin'..."

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #26
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Isn't this going to be part of Phase 2? I thought we were going to add more boxes when we did the Plaza.
That sounds about right. I believe Tanner is pushing in that direction because they are money makers. It will require taking out some of the current seats. I don't know how many UF has, but it is an ungodly number. They are glassed in & every single time I've attempted to count them I've been distracted by something. Once you take your eyes off them it is difficult to pick up where you left off & I wasn't interested enough to keep trying.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
Cocked & Locked
4-Star

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I know for a fact that horses are damned expensive. The equestrian team is probably associated with that one.

I would be interested in Clemson's expense line there. It must be huge!
If not I'm not mistaken I was under the impression that the horses were the property of the student and they were responsible for paying for their boarding. However at Cow U it might be different.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #28
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

It's got to be the horses. Nothing else makes any sense. About the only thing I do know is that when the teams travel, they ride the host team's horses. They are not routinely trailering horses to events.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I didn't even think about the horses. Honestly, if it's the horses...that $70,000 seems very low for boarding and feed.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I didn't even think about the horses. Honestly, if it's the horses...that $70,000 seems very low for boarding and feed.
70 grand may seem low or the horses, but our Equestrian team seems to be doing pretty well.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #31
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:01 AM   #32
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Under expenses..."Equipment, uniforms and supplies", it identifies a line item for "animal bedding and food" in the amount of $70,000.

Anyone have any idea what this is about? Sir Big Spur is the 1st thing that comes to mind, but as far as I know those folks don't get money from the university (unless that's changed).
Takes a lot to make sure Sir Big Spur is in good health. Would guess that LSU/UGA's budgets are higher as caring for a tiger can't be cheap and neither can breaking in a new bulldog every month.

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #33
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Takes a lot to make sure Sir Big Spur is in good health. Would guess that LSU/UGA's budgets are higher as caring for a tiger can't be cheap and neither can breaking in a new bulldog every month.
Sir Big Spur is privately owned

http://archive.wltx.com/news/local/s...storyid=110565

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #34
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
UGA doesn't own those dogs. They are owned by the same family that has breed & supplied them for use as mascots for decades. They are cared for & live with the family. I think they do use the UGA Vet School for their medical needs.

No idea about Big Mike.

Sir Big Spur isn't owned or cared for by the University of South Carolina & he dang sure doesn't eat $5800.00 worth of feed a month.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #35
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I am looking forward that SEC Network money.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #36
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
10th in the SEC? Geez.

You can't tell?
Old 06-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #37
TerryP
4-Star

Male

TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
UGA doesn't own those dogs. They are owned by the same family that has breed & supplied them for use as mascots for decades. They are cared for & live with the family. I think they do use the UGA Vet School for their medical needs.

No idea about Big Mike.

Sir Big Spur isn't owned or cared for by the University of South Carolina & he dang sure doesn't eat $5800.00 worth of feed a month.
Mike the Tiger is cared for in a few different ways.

His habitat comes from private donations from the TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation.) LSU very well may claim these donations in their contributions.

His food is paid for by the athletic department. It's around 20K a year. That number also includes medicine, etc.

His primary vet is part of the faculty at LSU but his income is supplemented. It seems like that was 8K a year.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #38
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
The gulf between us and Clemson will continue to grow. Those of you that are complaining about our place in the SEC won't like the answer of how to close that gap.
Exactly; remember how many people complained when the YES fees were instituted?
Old 06-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #39
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Wow. SC had a revenue of $21 million more than Clemson. To put that in context, USC's revenue was 130% of Clemsons. If I was a clemson fan, i'd be a lot more nervous about that difference than anything else.
Clemson's revenue will never come close to ours. Once the SEC network gets up and running well in several years and we re-work our TV deals, I expect that gap to widen considerably and continue to widen.

Also, don't be worried about the net income figure....it's just that we are making significant upgrades to all our athletic facilities, that's what you want to do with all the revenue we are producing. It'a making a big difference with our recruiting.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #40
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Isn't this going to be part of Phase 2? I thought we were going to add more boxes when we did the Plaza.
this is going to happen in the next 2-4 years.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote