CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
l^l^lBGCock
NinjaSven
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
snruter amabon
Regalcock
CoverTwo
Perspective on our g (1242)
Currently 2nd in att (879)
SEC referees? (763)
Alshon - Bose (696)
Brad Lawing (679)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (596)
How cool would it be (535)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (416)
Awesome time waster (290)
Carolina/Clemson gam (211)
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
Brad Lawing
Odell Becham Catch
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Good Omen for Saturday?
weekend conference Predic
How is Shaq Davidson's re

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #41
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Emanuel McGirt

Clowney holler at mcgirt tell him Carolina is the place to be
Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #42
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to 247 his top three are UGA, UNC, and NC State. Announces June 27th.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #43
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
According to 247 his top three are UGA, UNC, and NC State. Announces June 27th.
Where did you see that. I couldn't find anything current on him. CB still shows 6 out of 10 for Carolina.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #44
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I believe that USC is certainly in the mix. Maybe even near the top, but I believe the early confidence to USC was a bit premature. Best I can tell, it was based on a short interview after a camp.

This kid lives in NC so we're not talking about a long road trip. If USC is/was truly #1 with him, it would seem reasonable that he would have visited the campus at least once by now. Not saying USC doesn't sign him, they very well may, just that this is not the norm.

I'm far from convinced this was ever close to the certainty that the early projections & feedback indicated. I think it's very much up in the air & has been all along.
Just sayin. Now he is planning on announcing on June 27th. Still hasn't visited USC to my knowledge. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #45
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Where did you see that. I couldn't find anything current on him. CB still shows 6 out of 10 for Carolina.
Read it a while ago on one of the 247 team sites. UNC I believe. I would link the article but it's not a free one.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #46
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

garnet black 215 is correct. And this whole thing is not setting up well right now. It could absolutely change but right now I just don't see the reason for a lot of the optimism.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #47
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Optimism is not in some of the user's vocabulary on this board, even though there is 9 months to signing day.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #48
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Optimism is not in some of the user's vocabulary on this board, even though there is 9 months to signing day.
No idea what this means. garnet black 215 just reported information straight from the players mouth. You can choose to believe what he said or not.

Maybe in your world him naming a top 4-5 schools that does not include USC is a positive thing, in mine it's not. He's suppose to visit here for a camp sometime this month, or was at least scheduled to, maybe things change drastically at that point if he comes. But we're dealing with now & right now according to the prospect we are behind multiple teams. That is reality, and reality is very much in my vocabulary, how about yours? Also nobody on this board has written him off that I can recall.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #49
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Saw on Twitter McGirt was sent a photoshopped cover of an ESPN magazine with McGirt on the cover. Apparently we're doing this with all our recruiting targets:

Old 06-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #50
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

He seemed to be really impressed by it as well.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #51
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Read it a while ago on one of the 247 team sites. UNC I believe. I would link the article but it's not a free one.
OK thanks....I wouldn't have gone to the UNC site....I was thinking TBS.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Here is Korn's article dated June 4....after reading this, it sure seems like he changed his mind in a hurry. Also, just because he commits, I doubt very seriously if we stop recruiting him. He has always said academics is very important to him because most of his family graduated from UNC. Perhaps he hasn't heard about some of their "transgressions" lately.

McGirt thinking hard about USC as decision nears
By Phil Kornblut
OL Emanuel McGirt (6-6 272) of Durham picked up an offer from Georgia last week and is interested in finding out more about the Bulldogs. He has added the Dogs to his favorites list replacing Virginia Tech. The others on the list are USC, North Carolina, NC State, Duke, Florida, Vanderbilt and LSU.
The Gamecocks have recruited McGirt very hard for one of their offensive tackle spots and right now he considers them to be one of his front runners.
"I definitely like coach (Shawn) Elliott, he's a good guy," McGirt said. "I like coach (Joe) Robinson. They've been recruiting me for a while. I really like the coaching staff. They're all good guys. They need tackles in this class and they feel like I can be that guy to mold the offensive line around a couple of years from now. They came down twice (this spring) and sent me hand written letters from the whole staff."
McGirt has not yet visited USC but plans to visit within the next two weeks. He also plans to visit Georgia while on that trip.
"I don't have an official top four choices but if I did they (USC) would be in there," McGirt said adding the rest of his imaginary top four is North Carolina, Duke and NC State so there's the obvious argument being made for him to stay close to home. "Of course, they always throw that pitch line, don't you want to be the hometown hero. But I have a chance to play in the best conference in college football and as a competitor you want to better yourself and have that opportunity."
McGirt is an excellent student who wants to major in pediatric psychiatry or veterinary medicine, so the academic side of things will weigh heavily in his decision making process.
"I come from a very strong family with academics," he said. "Academics is very important in my family. Athletics, I just want a chance to play and I feel like at those eight schools I'm needed. I'm not going to go somewhere where I'm not needed or go somewhere and be just another guy on the depth chart. I want to go somewhere where I can have an impact. At every school I listed I can make an impact early or after my redshirt year. The social life is pretty big. I don't want to go to a school where I'm not going to have a lot of friends."
As an aside, McGirt said his favorite football player is Jadeveon Clowney and includes Clowney's number 7 from his USC days as part of his Twitter address.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #53
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Here is Korn's article dated June 4....after reading this, it sure seems like he changed his mind in a hurry. Also, just because he commits, I doubt very seriously if we stop recruiting him. He has always said academics is very important to him because most of his family graduated from UNC. Perhaps he hasn't heard about some of their "transgressions" lately.

McGirt thinking hard about USC as decision nears
By Phil Kornblut
OL Emanuel McGirt (6-6 272) of Durham picked up an offer from Georgia last week and is interested in finding out more about the Bulldogs. He has added the Dogs to his favorites list replacing Virginia Tech. The others on the list are USC, North Carolina, NC State, Duke, Florida, Vanderbilt and LSU.
The Gamecocks have recruited McGirt very hard for one of their offensive tackle spots and right now he considers them to be one of his front runners.
"I definitely like coach (Shawn) Elliott, he's a good guy," McGirt said. "I like coach (Joe) Robinson. They've been recruiting me for a while. I really like the coaching staff. They're all good guys. They need tackles in this class and they feel like I can be that guy to mold the offensive line around a couple of years from now. They came down twice (this spring) and sent me hand written letters from the whole staff."
McGirt has not yet visited USC but plans to visit within the next two weeks. He also plans to visit Georgia while on that trip.
"I don't have an official top four choices but if I did they (USC) would be in there," McGirt said adding the rest of his imaginary top four is North Carolina, Duke and NC State so there's the obvious argument being made for him to stay close to home. "Of course, they always throw that pitch line, don't you want to be the hometown hero. But I have a chance to play in the best conference in college football and as a competitor you want to better yourself and have that opportunity."
McGirt is an excellent student who wants to major in pediatric psychiatry or veterinary medicine, so the academic side of things will weigh heavily in his decision making process.
"I come from a very strong family with academics," he said. "Academics is very important in my family. Athletics, I just want a chance to play and I feel like at those eight schools I'm needed. I'm not going to go somewhere where I'm not needed or go somewhere and be just another guy on the depth chart. I want to go somewhere where I can have an impact. At every school I listed I can make an impact early or after my redshirt year. The social life is pretty big. I don't want to go to a school where I'm not going to have a lot of friends."
As an aside, McGirt said his favorite football player is Jadeveon Clowney and includes Clowney's number 7 from his USC days as part of his Twitter address.
The UGA offer has had a pretty big impact. We sure fell out of this one pretty fast.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #54
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Saw on Twitter McGirt was sent a photoshopped cover of an ESPN magazine with McGirt on the cover. Apparently we're doing this with all our recruiting targets:

Nice touch. Better than a Sharpie drawing if I must say
Old 06-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #55
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

tarhole insider says it'll come down to holes or NC State. He doesn't think the UGA offer will amount to much. Looks like we'll, hopefully, get one chance to make a big impression.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #56
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Nice touch. Better than a Sharpie drawing if I must say
Haha
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #57
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

JC on TBS changed his prediction from USC to UNC today based on new information. That's where all his family went to school.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #58
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Fedora is doing work this cycle. He has seemed to have made a lot of headway in closing down the borders. Chalk me up as someone that believes he should be on our short list if he keeps it going.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Fedora is doing work this cycle. He has seemed to have made a lot of headway in closing down the borders. Chalk me up as someone that believes he should be on our short list if he keeps it going.
agreed. He seems like a good coach

JD
Old 06-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #60
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'm far from sold on Fedora. I hope like hell we can do better than that when SOS hangs it up. There are several on the current staff I'd take any day before Larry Fedora. To each his own but that hire wouldn't excite me one bit.

He had decent talent this year & parlayed that into a 7-6 year with a loss to Duke, & giving up 55 to ECU.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 06-10-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correction
Closed Thread