CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
ReadR00ster
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
ZenUSC
gamecock88
HeadCockFan
M.C.
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
Not a talent issue
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
3-4 "D" Keep it
Defensive Backfield
Nick Chubb
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Rankings
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd
2015 - Amonte Caban
Cack's Toast of the Game:

Old 06-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default Lonnie Chisenhall has historic night at the plate

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-...044524147.html

This may not be the place for this, due to the circumstances of his departure from the program, but he was a Gamecock for a year.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lonnie Chisenhall has historic night at the plate

Lets play the what could have been game.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I saw that...what happened to his highly regarded partner in crime...I can't recall the pitcher's name
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

That's odd. He didn't have any steals.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I saw that...what happened to his highly regarded partner in crime...I can't recall the pitcher's name
Nick Fuller. I believe he's still the highest drafted player we've ever had come here (3rd round). Not sure what happened to him, all I know is he was drafted again a couple years later out of whatever school he transferred to in the 25th round.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Lets play the what could have been game.

Yeah, maybe we would have won back to back national championships.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Even without him, that squad had the best lineup of infielders I think we have ever had. Darnell, Havens, Jones, Smoak, and Disher behind the plate. They were filthy, just no leaders on that team.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

I couldn't care less about Lonnie Chisenhall. He is not a Gamecock. I highly doubt Florida fans care one bit about Cam Newton, and Chisenhall was even less of a Gamecock than Newton was a Gator.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #9
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
I couldn't care less about Lonnie Chisenhall. He is not a Gamecock. I highly doubt Florida fans care one bit about Cam Newton, and Chisenhall was even less of a Gamecock than Newton was a Gator.
Obviously you could, or you would not have taken the time to open the thread, which was clearly labeled, and post your comment in here. Or, maybe that's just me. I don't normally read and post in threads I don't care about.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Nick Fuller. I believe he's still the highest drafted player we've ever had come here (3rd round). Not sure what happened to him, all I know is he was drafted again a couple years later out of whatever school he transferred to in the 25th round.
He must not have done much, I can't find any stats from his minor league career on any of the baseball history sites and they keep stats on everybody that plays.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhusc2002 View Post
Obviously you could, or you would not have taken the time to open the thread, which was clearly labeled, and post your comment in here. Or, maybe that's just me. I don't normally read and post in threads I don't care about.
He does care, it's in his post of "I couldn't care less" So he could not care less... so he cares more.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Here's the thing for those harboring continued ill will toward Lonnie...Ray gave an interview in the past few years where Lonnie's name came up. Ray sounded as if he's forgiven him, and wishes him well in his endeavors now. Perhaps y'all should to?

Also, the main difference between what Lonnie and Nick did, vs what our football players did at the end of the season, is that Lonnie and Nick were immediately kicked off the team, and not given the option to come back, as our football players were given. Both stole from their school, teammates, classmates. Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #13
RHHS8068
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 51477
RHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?
Which football players are you referring to?
Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHHS8068 View Post
When there was the break-in after the 2004 season, there was a player that sat out a year as punishment but came back to play. The name is escaping me right now. A RB maybe? Or am I confusing this with another transgression of a similar nature? Then again, I could be having a complete blonde moment.

I just find it sad that we can welcome some back after transgressions but can't extend the same to others.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #15
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHHS8068 View Post
http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/...77_grid21.html

here is an article during Spurrier's tenure but I think the thefts occurred before he arrived (I could be wrong there)...
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Here's the thing for those harboring continued ill will toward Lonnie...Ray gave an interview in the past few years where Lonnie's name came up. Ray sounded as if he's forgiven him, and wishes him well in his endeavors now. Perhaps y'all should to?

Also, the main difference between what Lonnie and Nick did, vs what our football players did at the end of the season, is that Lonnie and Nick were immediately kicked off the team, and not given the option to come back, as our football players were given. Both stole from their school, teammates, classmates. Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?
Fuller and Chisenhall stole DIRECTLY from the coaches that recruited them, that gave them a scholarship... $3100 out of Toman's locker(perdium money for a road trip)...

I don't agree with the football players being allowed back, but it is different to me