CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
RGHoskins
CoverTwo
smoovecock
markymark550
ZenUSC
Brad Lawing (1782)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (1435)
Constant Updates on (1323)
Currently 2nd in att (1130)
Alshon - Bose (976)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (901)
How cool would it be (811)
Garcia vs Clemson To (710)
Carolina/Clemson gam (536)
Palmetto Bowl (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Chattanooga upends No. 4
NEW Pics from South Alaba
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
Constant Updates on Watso
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Where to watch in Arlingt
Props to Volleyball!
Garcia vs Clemson Tom

Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian Destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Maybe they're mormon?
That's a distinct possibility. After some serious study , I have found the Utah is virtually owned by Mormons.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

He is focusing only on football according to gogamecocks and his twitter.

Sent from the Strut Zone
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #23
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
He is focusing only on football according to gogamecocks and his twitter.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Good luck to him. For anyone confused, he left here because he wanted to play baseball (and go home) and thought that's where his future was. He had a very average year in baseball JC this year and switched it back to football. Can't blame him for wanting to try baseball full time but he's probably kicking himself for giving away a starting spot on the football team here.

Last edited by usc1; 06-09-2014 at 11:02 PM.
usc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #24
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That's a distinct possibility. After some serious study , I have found the Utah is virtually owned by Mormons.
As a Christian Citizen of the state, I can tell you that's an old stereotype (at least along the Wasatch Front. In fact and ironically, Salt Lake City is one of the more progressive cities in the nation. Provo, Utah, on the other hand, is more of a throwback.

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/artic...ogressive.html

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #25
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Utah is awesome. Playing in SLC is a terrific choice for anybody. Big enough yet not to big and surrounded by real world beauty and just minutes from Park City...very, very cool area.

And yes there are a lot of Mormons but you will not find a nicer, healthier, more accommodating, hard working group of people anywhere in this country than in Utah...regardless of religious affiliation.

I'd love to go to school and play there.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #26
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
Utah is awesome. Playing in SLC is a terrific choice for anybody. Big enough yet not to big and surrounded by real world beauty and just minutes from Park City...very, very cool area.
This is the view off my back deck...

Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #27
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

[QUOTE record vs Clemson as a USC student: 5-0

Sooner or later this could become too much of a good thing..... say it were to become:
record vs CU as a USC student 12-0. just sayin :)
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #28
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
If someone would put it in text, or at least a summary, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi this is most of the jist of his comments made pre bowl.
As noted Am may have had family issues contribute to his leaving and that BW is (was) seeing some time at corner in 3 corner rotation. Wish AC well

Pro scout noted he had never seen teams sceme against a player like against JD. Coach noted in first 3 games some 50+ of 60+ running plays went the other way and that dispite the lack of stats the fact that the coaches voted him FTAM speaks for the respect they have for his play.

That lamin has 3 to play 2 and hopefully he will be able to break depth chart at DT given the possible loss of KQ. He is big, athletic, strong.

That no need to worry SC would have people to play DB for the 14 season.

Wisc ran pretty much teh exact sceme as ARK, few tricks other than trying to tie up the dbs eyes and make double moves deep, ran down hill. Had played in 3 BCS games so expect them to stay with what has been successful.

Wisc reciever #4 was a walkon and is now thier leading reciever, he is fast, good.

would bet you 5 bucks we win this game, naw I said that but I will bet you we win! :)
prob some others can add that I missed. hope this helps. Godspeed, WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #29
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

that is an absolutely fabulous view......we're all jealous.....where is this exactly.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #30
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:

No doubt...this is what the whole place looks...in varying degrees of course.

I've only been there once but I would absolutely go back if given the chance...and as you said...SLC is not Provo and when you can go from SLC to Park City in about 20 minutes you've got something to offer.

Where exactly do you live along the Wasatch front?

Are you actually in SLC?
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #31
Lonnie
Band

Male

Southern end of the Salt Lake Valley.

That view is looking E-NE. This is my NW view (city).

oops. Too big.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
hank scorpio
Walk On

Male

hank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervoushank scorpio is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
As a Christian Citizen of the state, I can tell you that's an old stereotype (at least along the Wasatch Front. In fact and ironically, Salt Lake City is one of the more progressive cities in the nation. Provo, Utah, on the other hand, is more of a throwback.

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/artic...ogressive.html
I don't know...I had a layover in SLC a few years back on a Sunday(Sidney had a really big game for the Vikes that night) and every single vendor in the airport had to be closed by 8pm. No restaurants, no newsstands, no dude with a fridge and some sandwiches and $5 fiji waters, nothin'. Maybe it wasn't true, but all of the workers told me it was because its a mormon city. Didn't seem progressive.
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #33
Lonnie
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
I don't know...I had a layover in SLC a few years back on a Sunday(Sidney had a really big game for the Vikes that night) and every single vendor in the airport had to be closed by 8pm. No restaurants, no newsstands, no dude with a fridge and some sandwiches and $5 fiji waters, nothin'. Maybe it wasn't true, but all of the workers told me it was because its a mormon city. Didn't seem progressive.
Don't judge a city by it's Airport. Detroit has a nice airport... lol.

FWIW, the Airport here underwent a radical change in vendor ownership a few years ago. It was very controversial as it displaced lots of small local vendors with larger chain types.

Last edited by Lonnie; 06-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.