CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
cockybreeyan
ReadR00ster
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #101
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vic "The Bandit" Hampton

Congrats and good luck to Victor.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #102
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

DON'T BLOW IT SON ! I MEAN THAT. Life is tenuous. If I was him, I'd be walkin a line so straight that people would forget that "Bandit" noise.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #103
Master Bedroom
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
DON'T BLOW IT SON ! I MEAN THAT. Life is tenuous. If I was him, I'd be walkin a line so straight that people would forget that "Bandit" noise.
I'm pretty sure the bandit moniker was for his play on the field...
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #104
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I'm pretty sure the bandit moniker was for his play on the field...
He wasn't all that ! He named himself, and that is my point. Get humble Hampton, or go home.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #105
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
I hope Victor makes the squad. He would make a great safety in my opinion but I am not an expert.
iono if i would use the word great, but some think safety will end up being his best position on the next level. hes got to become a more consistent tackler no matter what. after he got benched for blowing assignments vs kentucky, i thought he played all sec caliber football the rest of the season. id be interested to see the breakdown of passes thrown his way, completions given up, where they occurred, and pass breakups the arkansas game onward.

he didnt time well, but i think he plays fast enough to be an nfl corner. this process was a humbling experience for him, we'll see if he has the right combination of effort and talent to make it. captain didnt time as well as hoped at the combine, got drafted fairly late and has carved out a nice career for himself.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #106
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Good luck Vic!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #107
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Looks like he is gonna get a shot at punt return duty too. If he can stick there he'll get a roster spot for sure....many teams use a roster spot for good return guys that can also be a minor contributor at other positions.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #108
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

All our guys deserve a shot but wish he would have stayed.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #109
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
It's sad that our own fans hold a grudge against a player for deciding to go pro. It's their life, not yours.
It hurt to find out how far Quelcy and Vic dropped, I hate it for them.
I haven't seen anyone "holding a grudge" against players for going early.

What I have seen is a lot of fans correctly questioning why someone would go early when they're not a lock for a high pick. No one has questioned Clowney leaving, everyone knew he'd be at the top.

Fact is, a lot of players need that 4th or 5th year of development. Swearinger and Holloman are two guys who definitely benefitted from that extra year here. Too many people are locking into the mindset that players should automatically be "three and gone".

There's only so many openings every year in the NFL. If you're not projected as a very high pick, why not come back, get your degree, and work on refining your skills?
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #110
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Congrats and goodluck Victor. I'm sure you're gonna excel!!!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #111
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Bengals do a good job with head cases. Maybe he can learn from Pac Man

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #112
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I haven't seen anyone "holding a grudge" against players for going early.

What I have seen is a lot of fans correctly questioning why someone would go early when they're not a lock for a high pick. No one has questioned Clowney leaving, everyone knew he'd be at the top.

Fact is, a lot of players need that 4th or 5th year of development. Swearinger and Holloman are two guys who definitely benefitted from that extra year here. Too many people are locking into the mindset that players should automatically be "three and gone".

There's only so many openings every year in the NFL. If you're not projected as a very high pick, why not come back, get your degree, and work on refining your skills?
Absolutely he should've stayed, I was referring to posters earlier in this thread...they're pretty obvious to me.

Glad he got a chance!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #113
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 18446744073709551566
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Hampton a Bengal

http://www.wltx.com/story/sports/nca...tion/10498879/