CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
NAGamecockFan
QCB
ScottK
GarnetSwarm1990
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal
Texas athletic director:
BAW

Old 06-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #101
Chucktown Gamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Chucktown Gamecock is learning to peck
Default Re: E3 2014

I wasn't that sold on Destiny before, but after seeing some videos of actual gameplay (even though it wasn't the full game) I've changed my mind. Looks like it's gonna be pretty awesome.
Chucktown Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #102
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I was pumped to see at least a little more Mirror's Edge 2 footage. Glad its gonna be open world.
tkousc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #103
Spurred
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1005500
Spurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to Spurred Send a message via Yahoo to Spurred

I have a bf hardline beta key for ps4. If someone wants it just pm me.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #104
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Destiny looks like a Mass Effect Halo hybrid. Pretty awesome...wish Bungie would be true to their roots and stick with the Microsoft exclusives.
After the Titanfall producers admitted their regret fot not going with both consoles I think it will be a while before we see a big name who goes exclusive. Most of the big companies will go both consoles now like Destiny and Titanfall 2 in the future.

Cockadoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #105
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Destiny looks like a Mass Effect Halo hybrid. Pretty awesome...wish Bungie would be true to their roots and stick with the Microsoft exclusives.
So you want them to go back to being a Macintosh-exclusive developer?
Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #106
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
After the Titanfall producers admitted their regret fot not going with both consoles I think it will be a while before we see a big name who goes exclusive. Most of the big companies will go both consoles now like Destiny and Titanfall 2 in the future.
Which is how it should be...better for gamers.

Better for devs too, most likely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #107
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Screw consoles.

All the games of E3 2014, and their PC outlook

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/13/al...ir-pc-outlook/

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #108
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Screw consoles.

Wait,
No Madden?
No UFC?
No The Show?
No The last of us?
No Crackdown?
No The Order?
No Destiny?
Zelda? Starfox?

I'll keep my consoles. Thanks. PC can fill in the cracks.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #109
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Talking Re: E3 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
Wait,
No Madden?
No UFC?
No The Show?
No The last of us?
No Crackdown?
No The Order?
No Destiny?
Zelda? Starfox?

I'll keep my consoles. Thanks. PC can fill in the cracks.

ruh roh.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #110
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Screw consoles.

If you are willing to spend that kind of money to play with a mouse and keyboard I guess.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #111
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If you are willing to spend that kind of money to play with a mouse and keyboard I guess.
First off, there are A LOT of games that play WAY better with a keyboard and mouse as opposed to a controller.

Second, you can buy a more than serviceable gaming PC for just a little bit more than what you're going to pay for a console. And guess what, that same PC can also be used for internet, DVDs, Blu-Rays, music, movies, TV, radio, image storage and editing, video storage and editing, word processing, work-related stuff, social media, etc, etc.

And some things you can do on a PC can ONLY be done on a PC and some of those that can be done on both are done BETTER on a PC.

Just sayin'.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #112
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

oh good. this debate again.

where's that one kid that posts here from time to time? maybe we can get another retarded ass x1/ps4 debate going simultaneously...

Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #113
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Second, you can buy a more than serviceable gaming PC for just a little bit more than what you're going to pay for a console.

Just sayin'.
This is just not true. Any pc you buy within $200 of the price of a console is going to give you a sub console experience unless you upgrade the graphics card. 2 years from now, it will be different, but right now, it's garbage.

Now, if you adjust the point to say "build" instead of "buy", then you are absolutely right.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #114
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
This is just not true. Any pc you buy within $200 of the price of a console is going to give you a sub console experience unless you upgrade the graphics card. 2 years from now, it will be different, but right now, it's garbage.

Now, if you adjust the point to say "build" instead of "buy", then you are absolutely right.
I love when fanbois play semantics.

You still have to BUY the parts to BUILD with so the point still stands, smartass.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #115
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
First off, there are A LOT of games that play WAY better with a keyboard and mouse as opposed to a controller.

Second, you can buy a more than serviceable gaming PC for just a little bit more than what you're going to pay for a console. And guess what, that same PC can also be used for internet, DVDs, Blu-Rays, music, movies, TV, radio, image storage and editing, video storage and editing, word processing, work-related stuff, social media, etc, etc.

And some things you can do on a PC can ONLY be done on a PC and some of those that can be done on both are done BETTER on a PC.

Just sayin'.
I have a SERVICABLE gaming PC already. A servicable gaming PC is not going to play a game better than next-gen console will. And I am not going to spend close a $1000 buying another PC or upgrading this one. I just bought this one a couple of years ago. Every couple of years if you want to play games you keep having to upgrade it and I am not falling into that trap. Not when I don't like playing games with awkward mouse and keyboards and when I get a very limited game selection. PC has absolutely nothing for sports games. If some games play better with M&K I don't really care, it doesn't change the fact that I don't like playing with M&K.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #116
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

Quote:
I love when fanbois play semantics.

You still have to BUY the parts to BUILD with so the point still stands, smartass.

But it's not a semantic argument. While it's true that building the pc will give you a better machine for less, the average person does not build a computer (even among gamers). They buy one off the shelf. The off the shelf machine will cost $200 or $300 more than the console, but without additional investment in a graphics card, it's not going to yield good gaming results in comparison to a console. When people throw out the claim that buying a pc for a little more will result in a superior experience to consoles, they are setting the average person up for disappointment.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:17 AM   #117
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

lot of hot guy on guy action in here right now. lot of innocent touching. could turn to something real pretty soon....stand by.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #118
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
But it's not a semantic argument. While it's true that building the pc will give you a better machine for less, the average person does not build a computer (even among gamers). They buy one off the shelf. The off the shelf machine will cost $200 or $300 more than the console, but without additional investment in a graphics card, it's not going to yield good gaming results in comparison to a console. When people throw out the claim that buying a pc for a little more will result in a superior experience to consoles, they are setting the average person up for disappointment.
Jesus -- it should be pretty obvious (especially at this point) that buying parts and building is EXACTLY what I meant.

So yes, it IS playing semantics. Deal with it, fanboi.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #119
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
lot of hot guy on guy action in here right now. lot of innocent touching. could turn to something real pretty soon....stand by.
A lot of jimmies being rustled
Old 06-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #120
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Jesus -- it should be pretty obvious (especially at this point) that buying parts and building is EXACTLY what I meant.

So yes, it IS playing semantics. Deal with it, fanboi.

good job, guys. you made it move.