CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
cocks are us
kingoftheroost
A. Pilgrim
smoovecock
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2784)
Herbstreit on " (1017)
Gamecockology Helms (987)
SEC QB's in the Red (970)
Little know stat (We (960)
Where do you like to (530)
We're going to the N (504)
Amelia Earhart Plane (291)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (209)
This season and recr (194)
Uniforms for Tenn
Interesting quotes from D
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Have you ever been so wro
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Where do you like to sit
We're going to the NCAA T
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 06-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #161
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I wonder if Shurburtt changes his pick? He runs the VaTech 247 site (or did).
JC did say he has know idea honestly, but based it on location honestly.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #162
Master Bedroom
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I don't think we've missed Lawing one bit, coaching OR recruiting-wise.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember we skirted trouble because he was contacting recruits during no-contact times, and he was apparently the reason we lost Carlos Dunlap to UF.
I meant that in coaching over recruiting, Lawing wasn't overly impressive on the recruiting trail (but not as bad as some like to think). But you are crazy if you don't think USC misses his coaching/player development. We will learn a lot about Deke this year.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #163
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think Tony's pick might have just been done to keep this thing interesting. I can't think of one example where 1 guy picks 1 school and then almost 20 other guys pick another school, and the 1 guy was right.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #164
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark · 47s
Big target announcing for the #Gamecocks tomorrow.

There is a story on www.gamecockcentral.com BUT you have to me a member to read it.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #165
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark · 47s
Big target announcing for the #Gamecocks tomorrow.

There is a story on www.gamecockcentral.com BUT you have to me a member to read it.
The inforamation Chris has gathered makes him think he pics SC
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #166
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I think Tony's pick might have just been done to keep this thing interesting. I can't think of one example where 1 guy picks 1 school and then almost 20 other guys pick another school, and the 1 guy was right.
A lot of those are from where everybody thought he was going to Tenn.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #167
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Eric, what are the guys at the Vol sites saying about Clark??
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #168
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Jamie Oakes, UVA publisher, with a CB to VT

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #169
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Been reading the 24/7 site for VT..they have no idea at all either. They are among a logicial choice
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #170
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

chris clark says he stands by his info. and believes it could be USC.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #171
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4203
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
chris clark says he stands by his info. and believes it could be USC.
The bold word above gives CC a lot of wiggle room. Nonetheless, even if AC commits to The USC, February is still a long way off. I predict a similar scenario with utk like last season's Derrel Scott (Havelock) recruitment, just hope it bounces our way this time.
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #172
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
The bold word above gives CC a lot of wiggle room. Nonetheless, even if AC commits to The USC, February is still a long way off. I predict a similar scenario with utk like last season's Derrel Scott (Havelock) recruitment, just hope it bounces our way this time.

Agree with you on that.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #173
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

JC switched his pick from VT to SC
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #174
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
JC switched his pick from VT to SC
A.B.C.

Always Be Closing....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #175
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

None of the VT guys on TBS has predicted Clark anywhere from what I can see. Bunch of Tennessee predictions and and then some VT predictions from guys other teams. Looks like we have as good of a chance as anyone.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #176
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Tony doesnt do a CB just for drama, can almost guarantee he has some info that lead him to that prediction

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #177
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

I'm going to keep my hopes up here but if he does go elsewhere I hope it's VT. I never get upset with a kid staying close to home.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #178
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I'm going to keep my hopes up here but if he does go elsewhere I hope it's VT. I never get upset with a kid staying close to home.
Honestly, I really hope he chooses us, but I won't find any fault if he picks VT or UT, if the reports of him being a longtime vol fan are true. When it comes to recruiting, it seems most fans don't realize how hypocritical they often are (not meaning you).

If it's a longtime USC fan or an in-state guy, our fans call the guy a traitor or crazy if the kid chooses to go out of state or to another school in the state, but if it's someone who grew up as a fan of another school or lives in another state, those same fans will ridicule the guy for wanting to go to his "dream" school or stay closer to home.

I must admit, though, I've noticed more people posting things similar to what you did, and that's refreshing.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #179
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

4 straight picks for SC
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #180
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

AND with Shuburtt's CB, things have shifted back the other way.

4 of the last 5 and 5 of the last 6 are to us....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote