CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
The Demise of the 3-4
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Commitment - Mon Denson

Running Back from LaGrange, Georgia

Visiting this weekend per 247 Timelime.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Mon Denson

Pretty impressive film for a 3 star. Reminds me just a little bit of Lattimore. Similar size too.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

If Wisconsin offers a RB there's a decent chance the kid can ball
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
If Wisconsin offers a RB there's a decent chance the kid can ball
Not true, their O-line is what makes them. A lot of Wiscy OL are relevant in the NFL. The RB's are mostly busts.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #5
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

kid looks like he can ball. We really need a pair of solid RB's this class.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Why does it seem we aren't prioritizing rb?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Doh! Thanks C-2. (Proper spelling works when one uses the search function)

Visitor this weekend.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Why does it seem we aren't prioritizing rb?
That would make sense except the staff has offered multiple highly rated backs.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
That would make sense except the staff has offered multiple highly rated backs.
aren't we a little late....are we recruiting him as a RB or DB
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Love that name.

That's a Star Wars name.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

RB....he is the under the radar RB the staff likes a whole lot. He is a beast -around 220 w speed
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #12
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He camped here in June, but we haven't offered. He's coming back for Black Magic.

Here are his Jr year highlights.
www.hudl.com/athlete/1138862/highlights/90423379

Based on the highlights, I would like to see more film on him, he makes A LOT of plays. He's fast for his size, faster than Ty'son, Cronkite, and B Shaw and he's bigger than them too. I was wondering if he runs track, b/c he has those long strides. That's not the best part though, what makes him really good is his acceleration.

He's not NyHeim Hines quick, but he's still very quick on those first 10 yards. Also, he makes moves/jukes at diagonal angles rather than lateral cuts to keep his speed up. Some defenders are able to get a hand on him as a result, but he's big, so he breaks that initial contact frequently.

From his highlights, he also has good hands. His team loved to run screens and toss sweeps. I wanted to see more film on him, b/c I was curious if he caught those all the time or did he drop some of them?

He has good vision, he is definitely a north/south guy. It appears like he'd much rather get that 8 yard carry up the gut, rather than try to bounce outside toward the sideline and run 30 yards trying to pickup 8.

I also liked how when shit went bad, he was there to still make a play. Another guy fumbled, he scooped it w/o hesitation and ran for a lot of yards. Some guys missed their blocks, he lowered his shoulder and picked up what he could. He got a horrible pass, he adjusted his body in the air to make the catch.

Furthermore, he plays with swagger and a lot of confidence. He plays defense as well, Safety, and he put out some really good hits. Playing both ways isn't easy, so I bet his conditioning is really good.

We'll see if SC offers.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Liked what I saw on the video. Solid runningback, but nothing exceptional. Punishing tackler with a nose for the ball though. Didn't see much pass defense to judge him as a safety

5-11.5, 214. Kinda short for a linebacker, but I could see him as a Spur in our traditional 4-3. Maybe an ILB in the 3-4?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I think he is an impressive RB. Definitely has exceptional speed and has good vision.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

To heck with the star system. Give me this guy. He has the size/speed combination that is rare plus he has excellent vision. The best part is he has a lot of raw unpolished talent that can make him A HECK of an SEC back. I recall too often those big/fast backs that later in the game you know it's coming but you just can't stop it. He has that. Please offer.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I didn't see what looked like great speed, but he has a running back's stride, cuts pretty well. His best asset looked to be strength and running with a good lean in traffic. Nice hits and pursuit on defense.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #17
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I didn't see what looked like great speed, but he has a running back's stride, cuts pretty well. His best asset looked to be strength and running with a good lean in traffic. Nice hits and pursuit on defense.
Interesting, what I saw was exactly the opposite. I saw great speed but very little as a power back despite good size. I didn't see him break anything other than a few arm tackles, very few clips (if any) of him pushing the pile, and in numerous clips you'd see him turning to his left shoulder and running sort of sideways when he was making contact. You're not going to drive many people back running sideways - he needs to keep himself square and drive those legs. That's coachable, though. His speed looked great to me, and that can't be coached. He hits the hole fast and accelerates well. I just wonder if he has the patience to let the hole develop at the next level?

I'm still holding out hope for Frasier, then Shaw if we miss on Frasier. I wouldn't really have a problem taking Denson over Williams, though.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #18
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Check him out on rivals. He runs a 4.44. He is 10lbs bigger and faster than the #1 RB in the country. May not be near as ready but this guy has a lot of unseen potential. I also like the swag. He likes to run you over and on defense he loves to lay the wood.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #19
sgacock
4-Star

Male

Lees than impressive offer list FWIW.

I do like seeing that Arkansas and Wisconsin are after him. They know something about underrated runningbacks.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Get the feeling this offer is an insurance policy if we miss on Williams, Shaw and Frasier.

I will say, a back like Denson would compliment AJ Turner well (a little ode to Derek Watson and Andrew Pinnock).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote