CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
smoovecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
b381l
markymark550
johnnyb
RGHoskins
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (1988)
Constant Updates on (1844)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1064)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (993)
Garcia vs Clemson To (929)
How cool would it be (866)
Carolina/Clemson gam (617)
Palmetto Bowl (478)
Chattanooga upends N (307)
Palmetto Bowl
Chattanooga upends No. 4
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Constant Updates on Watso
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
NEW Pics from South Alaba
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C

Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #41
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: ESPN ranks SEC's RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
He will be great in situations where no one is in front of him.
If that was his time then how come the stopwatch beeped 15 yards before he crossed the cones?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #42
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
It's cool to see Auburn fans threatened by Carolina. (Never thought I would live to witness this)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol keep dreaming.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #43
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

If they aren't they are delusional oh wait that's already a known fact.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #44
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

We could easily have the best running back core by season's end when we are in the SECCG.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #45
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Hand timed was 4.11, but the laser time was much slower, 4.18.
very skeptical of that kind of time sounds using Clemsons timers

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #46
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
very skeptical of that kind of time sounds using Clemsons timers
With a little momentum he ran a 40 in 4.02, ESPN timing that time.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #47
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lol keep dreaming.
Is there anything that you don't think Auburn is #1 in? You never try to state a case for why you think they should be #1 or very close to it other than bring up how fast particular players are. In fact, you never state a reason for anything in regards to your opinions about Auburn and why they're apparently the best thing to ever happen to college football.

C2 made a solid point about a RBs stats and you dodged that point and basically said "well he plays for Auburn so he's the best ever and no one compares."
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #48
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Is there anything that you don't think Auburn is #1 in? You never try to state a case for why you think they should be #1 or very close to it other than bring up how fast particular players are. In fact, you never state a reason for anything in regards to your opinions about Auburn and why they're apparently the best thing to ever happen to college football.

C2 made a solid point about a RBs stats and you dodged that point and basically said "well he plays for Auburn so he's the best ever and no one compares."
You will notice that the trolls read all threads, meaning when they are silent it is because they have seen their chances of success debating our facts and debates.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #49
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:

Don't you know, time is simultaneous, and Dr. Manhattan over here already looked into the future, which is more like the now, and already has alr...hmhm, sees Auburn beating us in October, Bama in November, hoisting the SEC trophy in December, Coaches trophy in January, and getting invited to compete in the NFL in February. They return every kick for a touchdown, even field goal attempts, except of course when they feel like putting up some heisman stats for their QB, who takes every run to the house, which is great because he can't throw for crap. Hell, they do so much scoring the only thing their defense has to do for them to win is get one stop per game, which I bet also happens. And so, he's going from one SEC board to another to temper all opponents hopes, so they don't get to disappointed and have mass suicides. He's sweet like that.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #50
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:

Well, for one thing, I don't believe I've said that Auburns RBs are #1, just that they were too low. Also never said someone was the best ever because he played for Auburn. Though, to be fair, Bo was the best ever. Stop making up random crap and pinning it on me. Half the stuff I've been accused of saying on here, is made up crap like this.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #51
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
You will notice that the trolls read all threads, meaning when they are silent it is because they have seen their chances of success debating our facts and debates.
English?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #52
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Over 600 yards in a back up roll. Grant averaged 9.7 yards a carry, and runs a sub 4.2 40.
Quote:
Hand timed was 4.11, but the laser time was much slower, 4.18.
BULL....SH*T. I sincerely doubt the guy who's been a backup running back for 3 seasons and didn't do any kind of kickoff or punt returns ran a 4.18. maybe a sub 4.3 hand time, but there is no way in hell they ran a 4.18 official. I see he was a track guy in high school and that's great but if you honestly believe he runs a sub 4.2 then you need to stop drinking the cool-aid. And yes I did see the video of him running.

Hopefully he gets an invite to the combine next year so I can laugh when he barely runs a sub 4.4.

Remember how fast lamichael James was supposed to be? 4.45 combine time.

How about Kenjon Barner? 4.52 combine time. Both of those guys reportedly ran a sub 4.3 time in college.

My point is, hand times can be off by a lot.

And as far as your high opinion of your running backs, well, nobody has seen much of the guys that will be carrying the ball for ya'll so how can they rate them highly? Come on man.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #53
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
BULL....SH*T. I sincerely doubt the guy who's been a backup running back for 3 seasons and didn't do any kind of kickoff or punt returns ran a 4.18. maybe a sub 4.3 hand time, but there is no way in hell they ran a 4.18 official. I see he was a track guy in high school and that's great but if you honestly believe he runs a sub 4.2 then you need to stop drinking the cool-aid. And yes I did see the video of him running.

Hopefully he gets an invite to the combine next year so I can laugh when he barely runs a sub 4.4.

Remember how fast lamichael James was supposed to be? 4.45 combine time.

How about Kenjon Barner? 4.52 combine time. Both of those guys reportedly ran a sub 4.3 time in college.

My point is, hand times can be off by a lot.

And as far as your high opinion of your running backs, well, nobody has seen much of the guys that will be carrying the ball for ya'll so how can they rate them highly? Come on man.
The 4.18 was laser timed. With a 247Sports writer in attendance.

PS he is also a kickoff returner, ran one back against UTenn.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #54
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
The 4.18 was laser timed. With a 247Sports writer in attendance.

PS he is also a kickoff returner, ran one back against UTenn.
My apologies for not looking up complete list of stats. Guess that's what I get.

Until I see it official from unbiased people doing the timing then I won't believe it. Even if it is in the mid 4.2's that's still some blazing speed. BUT we all know running with pads on and the ball in your hand is completely different.

BTW I didn't believe Clowney would run a sub 4.5 either. And I guess if you go off official timing he didn't, but both of his hand times were sub 4.5.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #55
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
My apologies for not looking up complete list of stats. Guess that's what I get.

Until I see it official from unbiased people doing the timing then I won't believe it. Even if it is in the mid 4.2's that's still some blazing speed. BUT we all know running with pads on and the ball in your hand is completely different.

BTW I didn't believe Clowney would run a sub 4.5 either. And I guess if you go off official timing he didn't, but both of his hand times were sub 4.5.
That's cause Clowney's a beast.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #56
TerryP
4-Star

Male

TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Well, for one thing, I don't believe I've said that Auburns RBs are #1, just that they were too low. Also never said someone was the best ever because he played for Auburn. Though, to be fair, Bo was the best ever. Stop making up random crap and pinning it on me. Half the stuff I've been accused of saying on here, is made up crap like this.
You've got my curiosity piqued.

It's true you didn't say that AU RB's were #1. You said AU was ranked too low, and any list without Grant was a farce.

Here's where I'm curious...

Which team do you think AU should supplant on this list?
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #57
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I understand it may not be Thetardier's intent... But he causes many threads to be derailed. I recommend a perma ban. That may give us a months worth of decent threads before he builds up the confidence to begin hyping up Auburn relentlessly under his 6th user name. Just a thought. Prayers sent, Erik.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #58
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
You've got my curiosity piqued.

It's true you didn't say that AU RB's were #1. You said AU was ranked too low, and any list without Grant was a farce.

Here's where I'm curious...

Which team do you think AU should supplant on this list?
Definently A&M, and possibly Arkansas.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #59
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I understand it may not be Thetardier's intent... But he causes many threads to be derailed. I recommend a perma ban. That may give us a months worth of decent threads before he builds up the confidence to begin hyping up Auburn relentlessly under his 6th user name. Just a thought. Prayers sent, Erik.
How's it my fault y'all flip out when I post.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #60
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
He has been perma banned a few times under his old names....