CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
b381l
markymark550
The Yancey
johnnyb
Constant Updates on (4530)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1390)
Chattanooga upends N (881)
NEW Pics from South (590)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (439)
Where to watch in Ar (438)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (271)
This Doctor Fell In (217)
Happy Thanksgiving C (174)
Strategy First Steam (104)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose
Constant Updates on Watso
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15

Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Thank you non-soccer fans.

I would like to express my appreciation for the lack of trolls and (I despise this silly term) haters in the World Cup thread. Typically there are 2-3 posters that insult or whatever fans of or the sport of soccer itself. There haven't been, to my knowledge, any in our World Cup thread.

I appreciate the adult approach and hope that it continues until after the World Cup finishes. I also hope you will check out a few games this World Cup even if you're not a big fan...WC is always special and there are some truly exciting matches even for non-fans.

GO USA! GO Gamecocks!

YAAAAY SPORTS
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

I have been watching soccer since before I can remember and this is by far the most talented and exciting team that I have ever seen the USA field for a world cup. I hope we can show the world we are here to stay? Are you concerned about The Klinsmann and Germany ties? With them being in our group at all?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Honestly, I get kinda exited every four years then find it hard to sit thru an entire game. I do, however,respect that it's the worlds most popular sport and keep up with what countries are doing well.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Honestly, I get kinda exited every four years then find it hard to sit thru an entire game. I do, however,respect that it's the worlds most popular sport and keep up with what countries are doing well.
Then you are keeping up with the USA

Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Nope. I support Klinsmann's decisions. He's absolutely right about American athlete's / medias sense of entitlement.

First of all...The media is creating all this "drama"

Quote:
“This always happens in America,” Klinsmann told me, waving his hands in the air. “Kobe Bryant, for example — why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”
--I would read that as why d you pay an athlete for what has happened when you already paid him for it.

Quote:
Landon Donovan—the media thinks he's untouchable. The media thinks he has to be in the starting lineup or he has to be in Brazil based on what he did, and he did marvelous for soccer in the United States over the last 12, 14 years.

That's not how it works. I have to choose the best 23 players based on what I see today.
-JK
Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

I don't care what sport it is Go USA
Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

So is this thread fair game? j/k

I personally don't care for soccer, but don't see the need to rip it. Its like the tattoo threads - somebody inevitably posts about how they don't like them, etc. - totally unnecessary.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I wish one could say the same about video game console threads.....
Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

What are our odds I am VERY excited for this World Cup! We have looked MUCH better than we have in my lifetime.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #10
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

We're a long, long, long shot...Realistically we'll have had a GREAT WC if we escape the group stage. Germany, Portugal and Ghana (Ghana knocked the USA out of the last 2 World Cups)

We basically have to play on cocaine and bath salts for 6 matches to even make it to the finals..Then we need to hire mercenaries to snipe the oppositions GKer
Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #11
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Awesome sounds like we have a chance!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #12
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWVia7hzGs

youtube linky thingy broken?
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #13
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

I saw somewhere that if we can beat Ghana and draw with Portugal and Portugal lose to Germany, then we could basically crawl out of the group stage, despite how we do against Germany.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #14
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

I typically can't stand watching soccer but..... it's the world cup man. You can't hate on team USA in the world cup. I know I will be watching every minute of all their games while they are still in it and added on to that, there are a few other match-ups that I want to watch too and I know very little about international soccer. Call me bandwagon or whatever but i'm on board.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
I saw somewhere that if we can beat Ghana and draw with Portugal and Portugal lose to Germany, then we could basically crawl out of the group stage, despite how we do against Germany.
It's fascinating really.

I expect Germany to finish tops of the group BUT I think USA draws with them.

Germany, again, is overhyped and pretty dinged up.
Portugal is a one man show, essentially, they are talented but definitely not a top 5 World team.
Ghana is dangerous but beatable...I think Nigeria is slightly better and we played very well and won.

We need 1 win and ALL the pressure is on Germany and Portugal. it's great. Germany starts off with Portugal and we start with Ghana. We get a win and we could draw twice and advance. Mathematically speaking 5 points or more and you COULD wind up in a tiebreaker scenario which is, I think, goal differential---need to recheck my info....so HOPE for a tie and 2 wins and we're through, regardless...2 ties and a win is a maybe.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #16
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

#Ibelieve

Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #17
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Let's do this!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Is all the coverage going to be on ESPN or are other networks going to be covering some of the games also? I have the DVR ready for all games on ESPN well the series I didn't manual that timer. I want to see what "the better teams" look like.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #19
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

GO USA! GO GAMECOCKS!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #20
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I typically can't stand watching soccer but..... it's the world cup man. You can't hate on team USA in the world cup. I know I will be watching every minute of all their games while they are still in it and added on to that, there are a few other match-ups that I want to watch too and I know very little about international soccer. Call me bandwagon or whatever but i'm on board.

Hey who cares if it's bandwagon as long as you are watching and supporting team USA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote