CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
AtlGAMECOCK
18IsTheMan
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
Cockhornleghorn
weatheredxtown
airborne09
GarnetSwarm1990
Captain9Dragons
Nick29321
Conflict with Aggies (6116)
Spurrier on a&m (2560)
Old Footage from WB (1453)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1304)
The Field (993)
One of the great thi (809)
Spurrier winning at (790)
Defensive Backfield (698)
Death in the family (455)
Anyone watching pti (454)
GAME
Request - Ohio State v. N
Official SEC Network and
Conflict with Aggies on t
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
Death in the family
Bring a bottle of water
New JK Video Imminent! :)
Spurrier winning at footb
Need 1 single ticket to t

Old 06-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #61
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN ranks SEC's RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
How's it my fault y'all flip out when I post.
It's the way you post... Very condescending and know it all. No one likes a "one upper" so quit being that guy. Have you ever read what EricVol (yes we actually like one Eric around here), big dawg, or warrior chief writes? They are rival fans but actually conduct themselves well around here. They don't act like you..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #62
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I don't mind how nardier acts.

And bigDawg is the man.

I don't like when "rival" posters come on here and suck our d's.
It's a lame act, stop trying too hard, tell us what you really think.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #63
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Nardier... carry on, I look through my Garnet goggles and get upset but You have not been unreasonable as some are saying. At least in my opinion..and we all know everyone has one! Even when you do its good to have another point of view around. The threads that get derailed are not always your fault it is the readers and respondents fault as well for assisting in the derailment.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #64
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If USC would just beat Auburn, he would probably dial it back some. I don't really have too much of a problem with him unless its blatant breaking of board rules which I have banned him for in the past. A lot of what he post just gets under the skin of people because its true .. However, I disagree with his Corey Grant knob slobbing until proven otherwise.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #65
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

I'm less impressed with the 40 when I see Grant is a senior and nobody knows who the hell he is. Tells me all I need to know.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #66
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
A lot of what he post just gets under the skin of people because its true.
This.

I also feel the leash is shorter with him because he's not a gamecock. There a re a lot more posters that are our fans that "break rules" and get away with it because who they are/root for.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #67
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Last I checked the Locker Room was for talking about other schools, the Cock Pit was for talking about Gamecock football. He wants to go slob on Aubie, by all means do so, in the Locker Room.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #68
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

But this is a topic about sec RBs.

Should be moved to the locker room.

But Ohio guy, show that pic of Nardier again.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #69
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I'll let CoverTwo start the thread but ESPN ranks us best OL in SEC. That's gotta help our RB's
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #70
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
But this is a topic about sec RBs.

Should be moved to the locker room.

But Ohio guy, show that pic of Nardier again.
Dude I posted it twice, get over it already.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #71
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
2) Anxious to see how Jalen Hurd comes back from his knee injury but I don't think the Vols have the depth to avoid overworking him.

Hurd didn't have a knee injury. He had a shoulder injury that Dr.'s said he could play through last season if he wanted to. Instead he elected to have season ending surgery so he could be 100% for TN's spring practice.

He looked really good all spring and didn't show any signs of it bothering him. He and Marlin Lane are going to have really nice years. Our Oline is set up to be a great run blocking line.

It is pass protection (T's) that look to be the major worry.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #72
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Hurd didn't have a knee injury. He had a shoulder injury that Dr.'s said he could play through last season if he wanted to. Instead he elected to have season ending surgery so he could be 100% for TN's spring practice.

He looked really good all spring and didn't show any signs of it bothering him. He and Marlin Lane are going to have really nice years. Our Oline is set up to be a great run blocking line.

Hm, I don't know why I thought it was a leg injury. I remember a lot of people making a big deal about it. Thanks for the clarification.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #73
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
I'm less impressed with the 40 when I see Grant is a senior and nobody knows who the hell he is. Tells me all I need to know.
As my dad always says there is speed, and then there is football speed. Dude can run 3.8/40 for all I care, if he can't get around solid SEC Defenders every game his 3.8 is nothing. He will have the flash of maybe 1 breakaway against a Non SEC team, but most of the time he will be contained.

Also to point out MD is the slowest of USC's RB's, who's the 1st string RB for USC? All that you really need is football speed sub 4.5/40 speed as a RB and you will do well if you read the blocks, and plow through LB/CB/S. Auburn's year is up in the air imo. If the replacements step up, then they have a good chance to be one of the final 4 teams in the CFP, if the replacements are sub par they will go 8-4. USC is in the same boat the Secondary, DL, and even QB DT has to step up to replace last years players. I feel both teams can win the SEC in the end if the teams gel and performs up to their talents.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #74
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Hm, I don't know why I thought it was a leg injury. I remember a lot of people making a big deal about it. Thanks for the clarification.
Yea, it really never should have been a big deal at all, but you know how the media is.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #75
TerryP
4-Star

Male

TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Definently A&M, and possibly Arkansas.
I'm not sure which side of the fence I fall on between A&M and Auburn. There's argument to be made on both sides.

I'd like to hear your view—here's what I see A&M bringing to the table.

First of all, using as best of a comparison as we can, let's look at SEC only stats and eliminate games against the Florida Atlantic and Sam Houston schools.

Tre Williams ended up in the top 15 for rushing in the SEC last season. There's a legitimate question in asking if he'd received more carries last season if Manziel wasn't the running threat he became.

The biggest point in favor of A&M ranked where they are falls on their offensive line. Mike Sherman doesn't get the credit he deserves for the players he put in place for Sumlin. I know I'll get argument here from UofSC fans, but I feel there's a case to be made for their left tackle being the best in the SEC. (That's no disrespect to Robinson.)

NOW...

Over Arkansas? I don't see that. Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams, both top 15 guys in SEC play last year, are proven commodities. It's a case of what might be done (Grant's potential) to what's been done.

The 'Backs are right where they should be ranked.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #76
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #77
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post

I'm more interested to see if his height will hinder him in college. 6'4? I'm not sold that he can get his pads low enough. He may end up as a Trey Burton type guy before all is said and done. Burton was a very versatile player. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #78
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Last I checked the Locker Room was for talking about other schools, the Cock Pit was for talking about Gamecock football. He wants to go slob on Aubie, by all means do so, in the Locker Room.
You still whine about it there.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #79
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I'm more interested to see if his height will hinder him in college. 6'4? I'm not sold that he can get his pads low enough. He may end up as a Trey Burton type guy before all is said and done. Burton was a very versatile player. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
I thought he was 6'3?

Derrick Henry RB for Bama is 6'3/6'4 and he is fine.

Hurd will have to learn to run with great leverage though, it won't just come to him.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:33 AM   #80
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
As my dad always says there is speed, and then there is football speed. Dude can run 3.8/40 for all I care, if he can't get around solid SEC Defenders every game his 3.8 is nothing. He will have the flash of maybe 1 breakaway against a Non SEC team, but most of the time he will be contained.

Also to point out MD is the slowest of USC's RB's, who's the 1st string RB for USC? All that you really need is football speed sub 4.5/40 speed as a RB and you will do well if you read the blocks, and plow through LB/CB/S. Auburn's year is up in the air imo. If the replacements step up, then they have a good chance to be one of the final 4 teams in the CFP, if the replacements are sub par they will go 8-4. USC is in the same boat the Secondary, DL, and even QB DT has to step up to replace last years players. I feel both teams can win the SEC in the end if the teams gel and performs up to their talents.
It would be different if they ran the 40 in full pads right?
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote