CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
robgusc76
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Interesting quotes from D
Have you ever been so wro
Gamecockology Helms
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Official Charlotte Hornet
Tennessee - South Carolin
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
What does it take to win?
Uniforms for Tenn

Old 06-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #41
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I thank people for not being asshats and you ask if you can be an asshat while being said asshat?

Did you get your education from Clemson?
I disagree with him but is it necessary for the personal attack?
And if all people that don't like soccer went to Clemson, that would mean a good majority of our fan base did.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #42
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

I'm not offended by the personal attack.

Soccer dorks are just a special breed.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post

Ah yes, the old trolling for a reaction, getting said reaction, then respond on your high horse with a personal attack thrown in. Very original.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #44
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:

Why insult fans of a sport you obviously don't understand or haven't spent much time watching?

I know college football just as well as you but I've also experienced sports and culture that you haven't. Ever watched the best team in the world with 95,000 fans? If not, then it's pretty clear you don't know or appreciate the game and don't really have the right to insult that which you don't understand.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #45
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:

I'm not saying you're offended I'm just saying one shouldn't break the rules.

Dorks, haven't heard that one in a while.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #46
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Some games are on ABC
Meh. ..same thing since they are all one company

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #47
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly
Default Thank you non-soccer fans.

Quote:

Ignorance at it's finest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #48
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

All freedom loving patriots will be watching the USA in the World Cup.

Therefore, if you don't watch the USA in the World Cup then you are a terrorist.

USA! USA!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #49
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #50
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Threads like what...like expressing appreciation for people not trolling the World Cup thread? And yeah, that's why it's a big deal..it's the 4th year.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #51
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Jw Mt Lattimore, other than CFB, what do you watch?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #52
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Btw I don't really care for soccer but I really hate trolls.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #53
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Mr. Lattimore is taking some time off so he can enjoy the World Cup
Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #54
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

I was actually being sincere about the thanks.

To everyone else, thank you.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #55
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would like to express my appreciation for the lack of trolls and (I despise this silly term) haters in the World Cup thread. Typically there are 2-3 posters that insult or whatever fans of or the sport of soccer itself. There haven't been, to my knowledge, any in our World Cup thread.

I appreciate the adult approach and hope that it continues until after the World Cup finishes. I also hope you will check out a few games this World Cup even if you're not a big fan...WC is always special and there are some truly exciting matches even for non-fans.

GO USA! GO Gamecocks!

YAAAAY SPORTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Mr. Lattimore is taking some time off so he can enjoy the World Cup
I only read the thread to confirm the OP would bring out a troll... Trolls be weak lately!

(They're probably still recovering from baseball season...) - took almost two whole pages to get the hammer!

USA! USA! USA!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #56
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

I'm not a soccer, baseball, gymnastics or curling fan, but I always hope that USA or USC win. You can't tell me that everyone who watches the Olympics follows those sports the 46 months in between Closing/Opening ceremonies.

USA!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #57
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4203
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Why insult fans of a sport you obviously don't understand or haven't spent much time watching?

I know college football just as well as you but I've also experienced sports and culture that you haven't. Ever watched the best team in the world with 95,000 fans? If not, then it's pretty clear you don't know or appreciate the game and don't really have the right to insult that which you don't understand.
1998 uf/ut game , Neyland Stadium, post Peyton era....some QB named Tee Martin for the vols....at that time I felt I was watching the best team in the world (unfortunately) playing the best sport in the world, IMO. Oh yeah, attendance was 107,000+ in the stadium that day.
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #58
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
I'm not a soccer, baseball, gymnastics or curling fan, but I always hope that USA or USC win. You can't tell me that everyone who watches the Olympics follows those sports the 46 months in between Closing/Opening ceremonies.

USA!
I agree with this philosophy.

USA! USA! USA!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #59
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4203
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post

USA!
+1

jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #60
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
1998 uf/ut game , Neyland Stadium, post Peyton era....some QB named Tee Martin for the vols....at that time I felt I was watching the best team in the world (unfortunately) playing the best sport in the world, IMO. Oh yeah, attendance was 107,000+ in the stadium that day.
What a joke!!! You really want to compare UT to Barcelona?!?!? I know of at least 32 teams that would DESTROY UT in a football game. There have been years that no soccer team, club or international, could beat Barcelona.

Here's another difference. I understand soccer. You had some guy insulting soccer fans about a sport he doesn't understand. Now you're making stupid, ridiculous claims about a college football team and comparing it to a sport you are clueless about.

Love college football all you want (as I do). However, leave the analogies and comparisons of college football to soccer to those of us who understand both. Well us and the other 4 billion plus people in the world who actually like the game of soccer.