CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
doubledribble
sporkgod50
Master Bedroom
I Bleed Garnet
jared
LBC
3MTA3
Spur's Addiction
ccured
2015-16 Preview: DE (794)
Oklahoma to the SEC? (629)
No Octavis Johnson f (456)
Preview of UNC (451)
Save the Horseshoe (382)
Saturday October 3rd (254)
Happy Canada Day! (115)
Off to the hospital (112)
Apple Music
Preview of UNC
Kenny Mckinley Elected to
Oklahoma to the SEC?
2015-16 Preview: DE
No Octavis Johnson for 20
South Carolina vs Tenness
Mens basketball 2016
2016 - John Simpson
Saturday October 3rd Game

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #7181
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Crystal ball is now 60/40 Gamecocks/Volunteers
Old 06-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #7182
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
From the start I wanted this guy, but doesn't look good so we just take someone else in his spot. I'd like to see us sign 3 great des this class, we already have two
Well we still are in the game with JUCO's Marquavius Lewis and Dante Sawyer. Sawyer may grow into a DT but right now he is a DE. It's a good thing that our program is to the point where we don't really have room for Barnett
Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #7183
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - D'Andre Walker

I'm thinking he's interested with our plans to use the 3-4 more
Old 06-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #7184
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Darius Slayton

I'd really love to see us sign this guy. Get him coaches
Old 06-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #7185
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Weekend Camp Attendees (Preliminary)

Add the First Coast fellas: Sherrod Pittman, William Swett and Jerad Washington
Old 06-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #7186
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Blackshear, key, Lewis, and sawyer would be amazing. Talent galore
Old 06-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #7187
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Well we still are in the game with JUCO's Marquavius Lewis and Dante Sawyer. Sawyer may grow into a DT but right now he is a DE. It's a good thing that our program is to the point where we don't really have room for Barnett
USC offered Barnett, we just came in to late. It happens, I understand why it happens & I got no beef with the staff. But to say it's a good thing he's not interested after being offered is crazy. USC took a calculated gamble & this one didn't work out. I'm sure they didn't know early on they'd lose Rivers.

Some of these folks saying his feelings were hurt blah, blah, blah like that somehow makes him undesirable need to take a real hard look at some of the guys on our roster. Think Walton comes here if Auburn hadn't waited to the last minute to offer? Uh not likely. BAW said UGA blew their chance by waiting too long. These guys aren't babies or immature, they went where they felt comfortable & most wanted.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #7188
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
USC offered Barnett, we just came in to late. It happens, I understand why it happens & I got no beef with the staff. But to say it's a good thing he's not interested after being offered is crazy. USC took a calculated gamble & this one didn't work out. I'm sure they didn't know early on they'd lose Rivers.

Some of these folks saying his feelings were hurt blah, blah, blah like that somehow makes him undesirable need to take a real hard look at some of the guys on our roster. Think Walton comes here if Auburn hadn't waited to the last minute to offer? Uh not likely. BAW said UGA blew their chance by waiting too long. These guys aren't babies or immature, they went where they felt comfortable & most wanted.
I don't doubt that we offered, but I'm not sure we pushed very hard b/c we knew we had Blackshear, Key, Rivers at one point, + Lewis & Sawyer higher up on the board. Barnett is certainly a talented prospect, but in my opinion we hit on and are in the game with DE's that are higher up on the board
Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #7189
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Add Mark Fields
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 06-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #7190
FearThethumbandDJ
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
His rating does not match his offer list. Based on the schools listed as having offered you would expect to see a higher rating. Must be based on a future position move.

Getting Arnette would make it much more likely to land commitments from others in that area. It's a long, long way & transportation issues are much easier to work out when multiple players are from the same area.
I think he is the one who just transitioned to CB last year, although i could be wrong.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #7191
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Mirko Jurkovic, Jr.

Hope we can get this big guy. Corn fed fella
Old 06-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #7192
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tim Irvin

I'd like to see us get in it with this kid.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #7193
Storm Of Spurs
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Please stop...just stop.

Every time you bump a thread with some inane, worthless comment it makes me (and probably several others on here) think there's actual new news to be had in these threads.

It's one thing to contribute in a positive way and an entirely different thing to pull people's chains with yet another meaningless "I hope we get this guy" kind of comment.

Really not trying to be overly confrontational here so please don't misconstrue me here, and maybe it's just me, but it is kind of annoying.

Just my two cents. TFWIW.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #7194
garnet&black1998rn
4-Star

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

sheesh another bump with no information . thanks for nothing as usual
Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #7195
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

Thank You for this thread b381l.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #7196
jrussjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 13230520
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Please stop...just stop.

Every time you bump a thread with some inane, worthless comment it makes me (and probably several others on here) think there's actual new news to be had in these threads.

It's one thing to contribute in a positive way and an entirely different thing to pull people's chains with yet another meaningless "I hope we get this guy" kind of comment.

Really not trying to be overly confrontational here so please don't misconstrue me here, and maybe it's just me, but it is kind of annoying.

It's not just you! Thank you!

I think this guy is the only one other than C2's comments that reference Tim Irvin. Irvin Charles is a different story!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #7197
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Please stop...just stop.

+1
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #7198
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

For chrissakes again with this shit?!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #7199
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Could be a huge pickup as the LT of the future.
Guy has some nastiness if you watch his film.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #7200
FearThethumbandDJ
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Please stop...just stop.

Thats all he does, go look at his recent posts.
Closed Thread