CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
Rooster'srule
b381l
thekob
StormOfTalons
Lonnie
75CarolinaFan
Elcid99 (2240)
PSU drops a prospect (1201)
Bad movies that are (662)
John Abraham DUI (534)
Mizzou WR suspended (519)
Best Offensive " (350)
Rokevious Watkins cu (315)
Re-Airing South Caro (261)
Travelle Warton reti (257)
I was there, when (222)
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Destiny Beta
The Believer
An Aggies View of the Mat
Green and Lammons
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
The Believer - Spurrier D
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Elcid99

Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs

I like Prescott a lot and think he is certainly a top QB in the SEC. I just don't know about the team he plays for. Sure, I can see MSU have an upset or two and give another couple of teams a scare. I can also see them losing some games they should win. They' re 6-6. 7-5 team still to me. I don't think Dak is good enough to carry a team on his back, and I think that is what it would take for them to be real contender.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #42
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I didn't realize driscoll is a rising rsjr. Seems like he's been stinking it up for at least 4 years. I suppose he could really turn it on in his jr season. Has happened before, but I would rather have Mauk and Thompson for sure. Those guys have shown "it" when put into the fire. He has only crumbled thus far.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #43
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
I like Dylan but Im also scaried. Remember how nice it was last year not giving the ball away by ints? Not so much this year. Are we going to get clemtech DT or mizz. and central florida DT on a daily basis?
I think we will all be impressed with Dylan this year. This is his offense now and If he wants to be in the 2015 draft class he needs to make the most of it.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #44
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

In no realm of reality should bama or uf's QB group be ranked ahead of ours this coming season, that's a crock of shit.

Driskell has done squat at uf, he's not a great QB, and their backups suck, and their OL sucks. The literally block each other. Thompson, as a back up, has beaten more ranked teams than Driskell, as a starter.

Why would bama's be ranked ahead of ours, they have 0 QB's who played any meaningful stats, let alone road wins, or wins against ranked opponents? This logic would be the same as me saying "Cam Newton had decent stats last year and beat some great teams, but Bortles is going to be better this year b/c he has potential." It's totally subjective and not based on actual results/games on an even level of competition.

An argument can be made for Thompson on anywhere from 2nd-5th, but having uf and bama ahead of us for the QB position is a joke.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #45
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
In no realm of reality should bama or uf's QB group be ranked ahead of ours this coming season, that's a crock of shit.

Driskell has done squat at uf, he's not a great QB, and their backups suck, and their OL sucks. The literally block each other. Thompson, as a back up, has beaten more ranked teams than Driskell, as a starter.

Why would bama's be ranked ahead of ours, they have 0 QB's who played any meaningful stats, let alone road wins, or wins against ranked opponents? This logic would be the same as me saying "Cam Newton had decent stats last year and beat some great teams, but Bortles is going to be better this year b/c he has potential." It's totally subjective and not based on actual results/games on an even level of competition.

An argument can be made for Thompson on anywhere from 2nd-5th, but having uf and bama ahead of us for the QB position is a joke.
Driskel led them to a BCS game. Dylan or Shaw ever do that? And I love Shaw. And no, Thompson hasn't beaten more ranked teams than Driskle. This post is a fail. It is subjective, but you're just stating wrong things for the hell of it.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #46
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Driskel led them to a BCS game. Dylan or Shaw ever do that? And I love Shaw. And no, Thompson hasn't beaten more ranked teams than Driskle. This post is a fail. It is subjective, but you're just stating wrong things for the hell of it.
Lol..Uf won in spite of Driskel...not because of him. He might be the most overrated QB in college football.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #47
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
How many different QB's by the name of Driskel does UF have?

Quote:
Driskell has done squat
Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #48
petecock
Walk On

Male

petecock has feathers coming inpetecock has feathers coming inpetecock has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Call me crazy...
You are crazy.

(but possibly correct, which also makes you dangerous)

Beat Tennessee!
petecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #49
drumboy
Walk On

Male

drumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spurs
Default Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs - Updated with Individual Rankings

Pre-season rankings don't mean much. It's how you finish that counts. This list will be scrambled by the end of the season.
drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #50
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Random DT Gifs.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #51
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
He has had another year to develop under Spurrier, and Thompson has shown he can be clutch as well. Don't write him off just yet. We will know come Aug. 28th, then finally all this crap will be over with.

^^^^THIS!

Lots of unknowns and if's this year at QB for a ton of schools, the one thing the all the starting QB's in front of us has is experience except bama, do not agree with this one. The backups for all the teams in front of us have experience except bama and flawda. I think Thompson has a much better chance of success, any of our backups for that matter with our OL as well as having Mangus and Spurrier in their ear as any flawda QB so I would put us ahead of them but hard to argue the rest until Oct IMO
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #52
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

When did DT attack his WR?
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #53
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post

never
Old 06-14-2014, 04:28 AM   #54
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
That was Kad Marcus, a Defensive player, he did it after a touchdown to fire him up.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #55
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Call me crazy but I think Worley could have a good year this year.
He is going to get beat the hell up with that brand new OL.. Envision David Carr when he was a rookie QB with the Houston Texans.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #56
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
See post #50 on this thread, first video.... that is "the attack" we are speaking of...
Old 06-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #57
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post

You are seeing things with Garnet Glasses. Driskell, who has a QB rating over 130 the past two years, is a decent QB. See his stats here.

Dylan's rating is only slightly better and he has much less experience in SEC games than does Driskell. I don't think you can credibly argue there was no reasonable basis for rating Driskell higher coming into 2014.

Plus, Driskell is handicapped by playing in a moribund offensive system, while Dylan gets to play for Spurrier's offense. Finally, Dylan has mostly accumulated his stats playing OOC games.

As far as Alabama, Jacob Coker has received a lot of hype. Jimbo Fisher said he was better than anyone who has played at Alabama in recent memory . . . and they had some good solid QBs in the past five or six years. However, I agree that other than hype, there is not much to say why the Alabama QBs are ranked over Dylan.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 06-15-2014 at 10:02 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #58
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his comb

No idea what kind of offense Florida is going to run this year.

But Driskel... he's as much of a load as Garcia was, and he is either faster or just as fast as Shaw was.

You know Florida could have an outstanding season if he has crappy passing stats, depending on what Florida does on offense. Meyer would have had no trouble getting production out of him.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
No idea what kind of offense Florida is going to run this year.

But Driskel... he's as much of a load as Garcia was, and he is either faster or just as fast as Shaw was.

You know Florida could have an outstanding season if he has crappy passing stats, depending on what Florida does on offense. Meyer would have had no trouble getting production out of him.
Driskel can't hit an open receiver half the time. I'm not worried about Florida having a good offense with him at QB. If they replace him then I'll start worrying about them offensively.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #60
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
You are seeing things with Garnet Glasses. Driskell, who has a QB rating over 130 the past two years, is a decent QB. See his stats here.

Dylan's rating is only slightly better and he has much less experience in SEC games than does Driskell. I don't think you can credibly argue there was no reasonable basis for rating Driskell higher coming into 2014.

Plus, Driskell is handicapped by playing in a moribund offensive system, while Dylan gets to play for Spurrier's offense. Finally, Dylan has mostly accumulated his stats playing OOC games.

As far as Alabama, Jacob Coker has received a lot of hype. Jimbo Fisher said he was better than anyone who has played at Alabama in recent memory . . . and they had some good solid QBs in the past five or six years. However, I agree that other than hype, there is not much to say why the Alabama QBs are ranked over Dylan.
Driskel:

214/340 passes is decent. Yea, it's 62% but 14 TD's to 10 INT's. That's Awful. And he's only thrown for 2271 yards in 20 career games.

He throws WAAAAAYYY too many INT's to TD's to be considered a good QB. Average at best.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote